Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PC Games vs Consoles

I miss the days when good games came finished in the box and didn't require updates. I used to be in the console camp, but since the PS3/X360 generation consoles don't have the simplicity I used to love about consoles. Put disc in console and play. Now a game needs a patch on day 1, the system needs updates, and stuff I don't like happens. Why is there a smurfing Singstar icon on my PS3? I never asked for this!

I'm still considering getting a PS4 for certain titles (Bloodborne mainly), but I think PC is the better way to go nowadays.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    You can get a pretty crazy graphics card for that kind of money
    Where? My GTX 980 cost me $500, and I'd hardly consider it crazy.
    Relative to whatever was in the console that was launched closest to when you got/overhauled your pc, assuming you get that graphic card a few years later as an upgrade.

And yes. 980 is sort of the best card that people who don't crap gold will ever buy. Stronger cards are just made as penis enlargers for the company to be able to brag about having the best card on the market.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Xenoblade, and many others that are exclusive to consoles so that is where my loyalties lie. The only PC exclusive I've been interested in in the last decade is Undertale which only came out recently. Consoles are also much more straightforward and in a life with toddler twins I want my gaming to be as straightforward as possible. I don't even use a PC at home anymore. Cell phones and iPads do everything I ever needed a PC for.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

PC master race! Im actually really surprised of what my laptop is capable of. It's older and only has 4 gigs of ram but it does pretty alright. I can play old ff's at least When I say old, I mean ps1 Era. But I definitely want to build a beast of a machine eventually when I can put money aside for it. TERABYTES OF RAM I TELLS YA.

Twirler of moustaches CactuarKing's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I like Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Xenoblade, and many others that are exclusive to consoles so that is where my loyalties lie. The only PC exclusive I've been interested in in the last decade is Undertale which only came out recently. Consoles are also much more straightforward and in a life with toddler twins I want my gaming to be as straightforward as possible. I don't even use a PC at home anymore. Cell phones and iPads do everything I ever needed a PC for.
    Almost the same as my situation. Rarely use a PC these days other than at work!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually got a gaming PC recently, since I've been missing out and needed a new comp for my translations anyway. but I still want a Wii U and most of my gaming is on my 3DS and Vita. Really, power is one thing, but there really is no better way to immerse yourself into a game than by curling up with it comfortably under a blanket on your couch while the weather is -20 C with heavy snow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I actually got a gaming PC recently, since I've been missing out and needed a new comp for my translations anyway. but I still want a Wii U and most of my gaming is on my 3DS and Vita. Really, power is one thing, but there really is no better way to immerse yourself into a game than by curling up with it comfortably under a blanket on your couch while the weather is -20 C with heavy snow.
    -20 C -- Wow that's cold!!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by starlet View Post
    PC master race! Im actually really surprised of what my laptop is capable of. It's older and only has 4 gigs of ram but it does pretty alright. I can play old ff's at least When I say old, I mean ps1 Era. But I definitely want to build a beast of a machine eventually when I can put money aside for it. TERABYTES OF RAM I TELLS YA.
    that moment when you're absolutely certain you've found the right one
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

untitled.png

This is what springs to mind when someone says "PC Gaming master race"!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

My wife and I like to cuddle while we're both playing on handhelds, so there

#cutestcouplesummer2016

Blog Entries

#cutestcouplesummer2016
    That is very sweet and is why consoles/handhelds are better than PC's!!

Blog Entries

You can't very well cuddle on your PC chairs can you
    Point well made sir!!

Blog Entries

#cutestcouplesummer2016
    Disqualified, your wife is not on the forums! Besides, this isn't a cutest couple discussion it's a pc vs console one and the benefits of a pc far outweigh a console. I'd rather upgrade parts at a time then buy a whole new machine every few years

Blog Entries

#cutestcouplesummer2016
    Disqualified, your wife is not on the forums! Besides, this isn't a cutest couple discussion it's a pc vs console one and the benefits of a pc far outweigh a console. I'd rather upgrade parts at a time then buy a whole new machine every few years
    A console generation is between 5 and 10 years though........without the need to upgrade within that time.....