Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: PC Games vs Consoles

Yeah, just like everyone who reads thinks that what they're doing is better than watching TV. Because it is, and everyone who thinks otherwise is just rationalizing to make themselves feel better about their choice.

FFXIV Character

Bartholomew Drizzle (Exodus)

Well, the country I live in doesn't work with dollars, so it probably won't come quite as cheap, but still, this does sound cheaper than I imagined. All things considered, my long-term goal of having the system run a (modest?) 1080p/60-ish FPS for Dragon Age/Inquisition, The Witcher, exclusives, and maybe the just-announced PC release of Rise of the Tomb Raider(Damnit!) seems a lot more feasible.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ris.../1100-6433519/

My sole comfort is FFXV and VII's timed exclusivity on PS4, FFXIV being so comfy on a controller, and the aforementioned fighting game community. I don't think the PC would become my one-all stop for games, but I don't wanna limit myself to the PS versions of everything. Thanks a lot for the info!
    For better or worse, to be a fan of Final Fantasy is to witness history in the making.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

If you want a controller, you can use both the PS4 controller and the XB1 controller on PC. There are also lots of controllers from other manufacturers, like Logitech or Razer or whatever else you prefer.

I'm sure many arcade sticks work on PC too, and I'm also pretty sure you can find one that works both on PC and PS4, so you can practice on the same AS as you'd bring to tournaments or friends.

Wanting 60fps on these multiplatform games will increase your cost a little bit (or require you to lower the image quality), seeing as your cpu and gpu will have to be able to render the same detail in half the time compared to consoles. It is however still well worth it in my opinion. Any game just becomes a lot more pleasurable to play when it runs at 60 fps.
    Last edited by Mirage; 01-05-2016 at 09:10 PM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    If you want a controller, you can use both the PS4 controller and the XB1 controller on PC. There are also lots of controllers from other manufacturers, like Logitech or Razer or whatever else you prefer.

I'm sure many arcade sticks work on PC too, and I'm also pretty sure you can find one that works both on PC and PS4, so you can practice on the same AS as you'd bring to tournaments or friends.
    Yeah, I emulate a few games on my laptop and I have a plug-in controller for that. I just prefer controllers, to be honest.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

Yeah, I emulate a few games on my laptop and I have a plug-in controller for that. I just prefer controllers, to be honest.
    There's nothing unusual about that, and definitely not for games that are designed around controllers.

I don't care about console gaming since the 7th generation (PS3/X360) and PC gaming doesn't fulfill my needs.
    I love my PS2 because it's easy to use, controls are convenient and the games don't focus solely on graphics.

Currently, I'm a fan of tabletop games and I prefer them more than those mentioned above.

Tabletop gaming is the only master race! Behold the magnificence!
    Last edited by Zanmato; 01-06-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm surprised you forgot you mention that pc adapter for ps2 controllers you found on amazon that was only $2. And yes, before anyone asks it works great!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

it was actually more like 5 with shipping

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zanmato View Post
    I don't care about console gaming since the 7th generation (PS3/X360) and PC gaming doesn't fulfill my needs.
    I love my PS2 because it's easy to use, controls are convenient and the games don't focus solely on graphics.

Currently, I'm a fan of tabletop games and I prefer them most.

Tabletop gaming is the only master race! Behold the magnificence!
    I'm actually going more this way. MTG is what I play 90% of the time, Online and IRL. I do jump on FFXIV when I know I'll have a few hours to spare but, If I only have a little bit of time or watching the kids a good game of Magic works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Yahtzee coined the term "PC master race" as a satire on how obtuse the community can be and it's telling that many obliviously adopted the term as a badge of honor.
    For the record, while I do use this phrase, I'm still doing it ironically.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

How do you know they adopted it obliviously?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think it was adopted tongue-in-cheek originally but it's kind of become one of those things were the joke stopped being funny from overuse, especially because as with all "You use a different device to play games to me? smurf YOU I HOPE YOU DIE" things, people on both sides take it more seriously than they should.

PC gamers wanted to be a part of the "Console Wars" :3