Just recently gave this a good second chance, well, to be honest, it's more like 5th- but you know what I mean.

• I love Dr Cid, despite him not playing the hero role, he's a highly complexed and highly underrated Final Fantasy villain. So charismatic and charming. I wish that he was the main villain instead of Vayne, but guess beggers can't be choosers.
  • The main heroes are so loveable when it comes to a party of a Final Fantasy game- there's usually one character or a few characters that you just can not stand no matter how much you make attempts- though I adore most of the main characters, yes even him. Even Vaan. Once you get to know Vaan and understand his character and why he does things, he's not so bad tbh.Even if he does look like Ellen. Though, they are not without flaws- some could be more developed, like Penelo- though it's not a Final Fantasy with some main characters being pushed to the background so others can shine. I'm not keen on Balthier still, though, there's something about him still that rubs me the wrong way. Sorry Balthier fandom.
  • The voices I have always loved them, even when I highly despised this game- though the breathing sounds drive me up the wall. They drive me insane. Basche-' You need to make a choice ' ! Ashe - ' * breathing sounds * ahh ah ah * nods head * Just no. Just stop that. It's like listening to a very annoying tennis match or something. Though it's just such an improvement from Final Fantasy X and beats Final Fantasy XIII with a stick. Yes, Ashe has obnoxious breathing sounds sometimes, but it beats Vanille's very fake and very horrible Australian accent, okay.

• The music, yeah, still have the same feelings and emotions towards it- it's dry and hollow and dull. It still makes me miss the days of Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy IX.
  • Vayne is a bit dry as a villain- sorry just don't enjoy him still and he still needs a haircut.
  • The battle system, yeah, still not keen on it- though the characters' journey gave me the will to keep on sprinting on.
  • The storyline, yeah still have huge issues and problems with it- but then again I adore Final Fantasy VIII and I have issues with Squall's storyline as well. The game made me treasure the characters so much, that I'm willing to forgive, and it didn't have a random flying high school. Though compared to classics like Final Fantasy IX- tis a disappointment, though it's not the junk that I thought that it was about a decade ago. It also gave me elements of Final Fantasy VI feelings, another empire rebelling tale- that I also despised when I was younger.

Basically in short- I love this game more than I did before. It's not a treasured favourite, though it's not a loathed game anymore. Sometimes you just got to give things a second chance, or a fourth- or a sixth. Humans change and our taste buds change, we learn, change and grow and things that we once upon a time hated- we now hold dearly. My thoughts towards Final Fantasy XII are- it's not overly amazing, but it's not a rotten waste either. It's a positive and warm middle. A lovely middle. A good middle. The middle of the sandwich that holds everything together and in place.

And Princess Ashe rocks, even if she does have breathing problems. She's up there with strong female characters like Yuna and Tifa Lockhart tbh. Put her in the next Dissidia Square- Enix !

If there's a game that you hated a long time ago and you feel like giving the game a second chance- do it.