Top 8 Reasons Quina is Awesome

So we all know Quina. S/he is the Qu that you recruit in Final Fantasy IX, either while looking for Garnet or when searching for the Outer Continent. S/he brings a lot of whimsy and eating to your party, something sorely lacked before the arrival of this majestic character. So I present to you the ways in which Quina is awesome!

1. The Chef's Hat

Quina showing of his/her sense of style in the amazingly beautiful chef hat. It is practical for when Quina needs to whip out that Trance and cook the enemies before devouring them. It allows for proper head covering in a variety of situations, and, it makes the often disappearing Quina easier to find.

2. Being a Good Friend

Remember when Quina scared away that thief? Or was so excited to be paired up with Zidane? Or tried to comfort a sad Vivi? Quina is a good friend. Even if s/he doesn't always get the credit s/he deserves, Quina is there for his bros, even when he didn't intend to be. Natural friend, no assembly required.

3. Quina Has a Life

So while some of your party is stuck following Zidane around like they rely on him for oxygen, Quina is off having a life. This includes shopping, stealing pickles, and being fished out of the ocean. In fact, if they made a little short game on what Quina does when s/he is separated from the party, I would play the crap out of that game. Quina has a life that does not revolve around the party.

4. Quina's Apron

Just the whole ensemble, really.

5. Quina Can Cook

Where do you first see Quina? Cooking up a feast in Alexandria and getting compliments from all of those tiny royal chefs. Later on, while Quina is off having a life (see entry 3), s/he is helping Eiko's moogle friends make a delicious dinner. Heck, Quina can even cook and eat enemies (alive) to gain new knowledge and abilities. If that's not a talented chef, I don't know what is.

6. Mini-Game

You can also catch frogs with Quina, did you know that? I always have fun with this mini-game. It gets frustrating after a while though, but still. You also win prizes for it.

7. Useful Abilities

Early in game, Quina helps a bro out with some White Wind and Mighty Guard. Very useful, not too hard to learn. What else do you use Quina's MP for? Might as well save some of the MP on your mages for more dire situations. With some time and patience, you can get a whole host of abilities for all different situations. And for me, it's fun just trying to get them all.

8. Quina's Quotes

Who doesn't love when Quina tells Beatrix about how they're going to eat her for breakfast? And the words of wisdom about how there are two things in the world: things you can eat, and things you no can eat. We get to see Quina's appraisal of various areas based on their available yummy-yummies. Yummy sand, deliciously shaped towns, edible stones. The world is Quina's oyster! Which s/he then eats.

These are eight of the many ways Quina is awesome. S/he is actually one of my favourite characters ever, although that is very subjective and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. So what I'm trying to say is... if you don't like Quina, you're a bad person. The End~