Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Dun' smurfed up again... again

So some years ago I accidentaly washed my wife's sweaters in 90 degrees (that's Celsius, by the way). Yeah, the results weren't pretty. I swore to never do that again. It helped that doing the laundry is now my wife's chore (I do all the cooking, on the other hand).

But yesterday when we came back from my parents it was time to change the bed sheets, so I threw the old sheets in the washing machine. And I didn't notice that I also put her nightgown with it. And it was insanely cute, it had cats printed on it and had laces and stuff So now I'm depressed because I'm worried I ruined it, even though it's hard to tell until it's dried.

So when did you smurf up hard? Or better yet. when did you repeat a stupid mistake more than once?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I once typed the start of a post and then forgot to finish typing the

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yeah. I had that too. And autocorrect on my phone hates me. You know, the Polish words for "thanks" [dzięki] and "whores" [dziwki] are way too close together on the keyboard.

Twirler of moustaches CactuarKing's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    So some years ago I accidentaly washed my wife's sweaters in 90 degrees (that's Celsius, by the way). Yeah, the results weren't pretty. I swore to never do that again. It helped that doing the laundry is now my wife's chore (I do all the cooking, on the other hand).

But yesterday when we came back from my parents it was time to change the bed sheets, so I threw the old sheets in the washing machine. And I didn't notice that I also put her nightgown with it. And it was insanely cute, it had cats printed on it and had laces and stuff So now I'm depressed because I'm worried I ruined it, even though it's hard to tell until it's dried.

So when did you smurf up hard? Or better yet. when did you repeat a stupid mistake more than once?
    I think we have all done the washing thing where we shrink something, put a red item in with a white wash and turn it pink, etc......

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Oh yeah. I had that too. And autocorrect on my phone hates me. You know, the Polish words for "thanks" [dzięki] and "whores" [dziwki] are way too close together on the keyboard.
    This is valuable trivia knowledge.

I've done the classic car situation where as I was literally tightening the last bolt to complete a 5 or 6 hour job, it suddenly popped in my head that I left out one key component that meant I had to completely redo the entire job. So another 5 or 6 hours for something that takes 30 seconds to install.

That's always annoying.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I didn't lean in the direction the bike turn while on a motorcycle ride and gave myself a cramp.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I tend to smurf up with drying clothes that shouldn't be tumble dried. They're washed on a lovely 40 degrees setting but then get exposed to drying temperatures meant for cottons at times in excess of 120 mins. Whoops.

Most other mistakes I'm pretty good at avoiding, tbh, if I wasn't? I'd have lost my job by now (99.9% + quality target 100% of the time). The other Steve classic though would be keys. You know it's gotten bad when the landlord installs a spare key outside the front door in a number lock safe that you have the code to so you can get in if you do it again.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I get out of bed every day.

Blog Entries

Interesting reading all of the above but that's all I wanted to say....nah not gonna say what I screw up on

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

So what you're saying is that you use the word "whores" so often that the phone just assumes that's what you intend to type?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

About once a year I'd get up at night to get a mug of beverage without turning on the light and hold the mug upside down while Im pouring and have it spill everywhere. It use to happen more often but I almost always check now before I start pouring.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    About once a year I'd get up at night to get a mug of beverage without turning on the light and hold the mug upside down while Im pouring and have it spill everywhere. It use to happen more often but I almost always check now before I start pouring.
    I had a dream last night where I spilled hot chocolate over myself and even when I realised I still kept doing it. Its a dream mistake at least...

Twirler of moustaches CactuarKing's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    I had a dream last night where I spilled hot chocolate over myself and even when I realised I still kept doing it. Its a dream mistake at least...
    Can't say I have ever had that dream before!

Another time I dun' smurfed up: Whilst riding my mountain bike to University one day (many moons ago now), I was stood up pedalling and my right leg came down to provide power, the chain slipped and I fell banging my crotch on the bar and the my knee on the gravel cycle track. To say that I got gravel in it was an understatement. Couldn't walk properly for days!!

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But is the nightgown okay?

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well