Thread: Thoughts on Final Fantasy X Summons

Twirler of moustaches CactuarKing's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Thoughts on Final Fantasy X Summons

So, was anyone else slightly confused with why they keep changing the eidolons/aeons/summons.

I started playing from FFVIII, then went back to VII, then played every one since. Why keep changing most (but not all) of them?

Ifrit, Shiva and Bahamut seem to be the ones they will not touch, with even Alexander being left out sometimes (even though he is AWESOME!!).

I also did not like how you only got a few aeons in X, and how quickly they became useless as anything but a meatshield to save you from insta-death.

What are your thoughts?

Blog Entries

The best summon magic belongs to one of the other forums but everyone`s going on about the remake in there so I would say that 10 does in fact have good aeons. The trouble is they are too good, particularly later in the game. I would dissuade anyone from using The Magus Sisters against Braska's Final Aeon especially if they are in overdrive. That Delta Attack makes it very short. Anima's ace though!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I wasn't confused. It's variety. Final Fantasy games are like Doctor Who, each entry is different while maintaining the essence of the franchise.

I liked the summons in X because of their designs, their importance to the story, and the fact you got to actually fight as them instead of just being a sequence and a single attack.

Blog Entries

Good points from both of you.

I suppose the real question is, why do Shiva and Ifrit always appear and look the same, yet Ramuh/Quetzecoatl/Ixion etc take turns on lightning?
    Last edited by CactuarKing; 01-05-2016 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Dun goofed with spelling

Articles
    Blog Entries

Some of their designs might look similar, but there are still plenty of noted differences between games.

Turning Shiva into a motorcycle though was unforgivable!

The lesbian sisters part was okay though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Turning Shiva into a motorcycle though was unforgivable!
    I totally agree with the statement above. Especially as you sat on one of the Shiva-sisters faces?? Slightly weird.

I thought controlling the Aeons was the best it's been in FFX than in any other game including FF13.