Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can do it better!

Fajitas. I cook them fairly regularly, and I've always preferred my ones to any I've had in a restaurant.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    Fajitas. I cook them fairly regularly, and I've always preferred my ones to any I've had in a restaurant.
    They are nice. In general, any sort of 'homely' or 'comforting' foods, like fajitas, chilli con carne, etc. are almost always worth not ordering at a restaurant. I don't have steak terribly often; why would I order something I have more frequently?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I try not to eat out at places that I think will have food that I could cook better myself. Restaurant dining to me is an exciting opportunity. I would prefer to save the $40 p/h that some people spend on a date night every week/fortnight/month and have two or three $140 p/h meals a year. The bonus being that after any particularly amazing meal I'm more inspired to cook and experiment than ever.

The only cheap/reasonable eating out I do is to some select bistros and pubs that I know are good and I'll usually have the same few dishes there so I know it'll be worth the money. Everything else I feel I would be able to do better given a bit of practice and if it's something not up my alley then Night Fury usually does it (Mexican cuisine, Indian cuisine, stews etc.).