Thread: Noob question

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, it's on 2.5. It's the prequel. The deck system is pretty interesting.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Yeah, we've been getting a steady amount of KH games, but people keep complaining "ugh, it's just spinoffs". Well, joke's on them, since they are all really important to the story
    Except Re:coded -_-
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, coded is totally skipable. At least the leveling system was fun

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yes, coded is totally skipable. At least the leveling system was fun
    It was novel, I'll give it that.
    BBS is still probably the best combat wise, and 2 is probably the best story wise.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Meh, I disagree. II had a cool prologue, but then it was kinda weak. IMO, Chain of Memories is the best storywise.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Meh, I disagree. II had a cool prologue, but then it was kinda weak. IMO, Chain of Memories is the best storywise.
    I don't know.. (no KH has a BAD story) I'd put 358/2 in front of CoM honestly

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ugh

Really, what's wrong with more Kingdom Hearts games? How exactly are there too many if they've all been satisfying in gameplay at least? Hell, no one would complain if FFs were released with such consistency both in time and in quality, so why do people have so much of a problem with Kingdom Hearts doing it? Persona 4 has like fifty sequels and thirty animated adaptations now, Assassin's Creed is releasing a new game every month or so, AA has its sixth entry in development with a bajillion spinoffs everywhere, and yet KH is the one becoming too bloated? I really can't understand how that is. Seven games released in the West over the course of 13 years is not too much.

Don't go 'Ugh' as if I've just said some really disgusting opinion.

I'm not really against large franchises. I love Final Fantasy (though they're more self-contained stories), Phoenix Wright has seven games attached to it, and Professor Layton has six games attached to it, all with a continuous story. Let's be fair, Persona 4 has like, three sequels (two if you merge the Arenas together), that are all self-contained stories.

It's less the size of the franchise, but I find the story to get more and more confusing. The story of I was clear, the story of II was clear enough as well (You didn't really have to play CoM, to be honest). But after that, there's the keyblade war, and Xehenort; I find him the most confusing element of the KH story, if I'm honest.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

358/2 was best on an emotional level. I think CoM just has the best structured and best executed narrative.

Formy: Xehanort's only confusing if you don't play all the games XD By BBS and 3D, his motivations are perfectly clear.

And I'm not "ugh"ing because your opinion is disgusting, but because it's a prevalent opinion on the internet that often stems from ignorance and people complaining for the sake of complaining.

Articles
    Blog Entries

358/2 was best on an emotional level. I think CoM just has the best structured and best executed narrative.

Formy: Xehanort's only confusing if you don't play all the games XD By BBS and 3D, his motivations are perfectly clear.

And I'm not "ugh"ing because your opinion is disgusting, but because it's a prevalent opinion on the internet that often stems from ignorance and people complaining for the sake of complaining.
    I need to play BBS, still. I guess his motivations will become more clear after that (of all the games post-II, Birth by Sleep seems the most essential), but if an opinion is that prevalent then there's a grain of truth there somewhere.

I really hope you think I'm not complaining for the sake of it, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The opinion is there because people dismiss the non-numbered games as "side games".

Seriously, what's stopping you from playing them all? They're all fun, they all have good stories - why only select one? 358/2 Days is the most gut-wrenching thing, while Chain of Memories is superbly written, even if you don't like the controversial card system. Give them a go!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well non-numbered entries (especially handheld entries when previous games were on console) in all franchises are typically seen as side games. I don't say I necessarily agree with that sentiment, but it is one held commonly by many people.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Which means it's a broad generalization based on ignorance, not fact

Seriously, Formy, I'm not big on the Ace Attorney series, so I'm not going on AA forums and saying the games need less puns and more of a cohesive narrative and characters to my liking, because the fans adore it for what it is. We KH fans adore KH for what it is and we're happy to get a lot of games. So no, saying there's too many isn't too nice. That was my whole point in that.

So either play the other games and see for yourself, or remain outside the fandom, your choice

Articles
    Blog Entries

Which means it's a broad generalization based on ignorance, not fact

Seriously, Formy, I'm not big on the Ace Attorney series, so I'm not going on AA forums and saying the games need less puns and more of a cohesive narrative and characters to my liking, because the fans adore it for what it is. We KH fans adore KH for what it is and we're happy to get a lot of games. So no, saying there's too many isn't too nice. That was my whole point in that.

So either play the other games and see for yourself, or remain outside the fandom, your choice
    I AM a fan. This 'us vs them' mentality is starting to concern me. I didn't know I needed approval to enter some fandom. You can be a fan and have a few issues with the series. I like Doctor Who and find the whole River thing confusing; doesn't mean I dislike Doctor Who.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hold your horses! That's not what I meant!

I just meant that like, you know, check out the rest because it's all awesome before you say it's too complicated

Articles
    Blog Entries

Hold your horses! That's not what I meant!

I just meant that like, you know, check out the rest because it's all awesome before you say it's too complicated
    Which I'll get around to. I already have like, five games I have in my catalogue. The Kingdom Hearts series is pretty big, and while the decimal compilations help, that's still three separate purchases. To be a KH fan is to buy a lot of games, basically.