Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS5 and Xbox 2... Already?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default PS5 and Xbox 2... Already?

I don't know how reliable this site is, but the official Xbox FB page did share one of their articles, so maybe it's legit. I just didn't think they'd be working on their next systems this early.

It really is amazing how fast console technology is moving along these days. It seemed like just yesterday that the PlayStation 4 the Xbox One were introduced on the market. Soon, both will be outmoded by their successors. Both Sony and Microsoft respectively have confirmed the upcoming release of PlayStation 5 and Xbox Two. Right now, we do not have a lot of detailed information about either, but we can make some predictions about what we can expect from both.

Source

The PS4 and XBO aren't even that old yet.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I was confused by your header. It should be called Xbox Two. Pronounced t-woah. Kinda like Beast pronounced it during Human Again

Articles
    Blog Entries

Whoops! Damn my need to type digits for numbers.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah to be honest it feels just like yesterday they were released. I mean, I've just got a PS4, but I don't feel like I'm behind the curve at all, or that I'm 'late'. I mean, it was released in 2013, right? Two years in, we're still getting 'collections' from previous generations, like the Nathan Drake Collection. Which is fine, and there are several games I want for the PS4, but it's really the prospect of upcoming games this year (Persona 5, FFXV, etc.) that tempted me to purchase it, and even then I only got it because my older brother was selling it for dirt cheap for me and Mr. Carny.

This console generation isn't going anywhere for at least another 4 years, worry ye not. Microsoft and Sony built these things for longevity and invested a huge amount, they aren't going to turn around another lot 3 years later. Seeing as this thread cites more sources than that news post we can safely assume the news post is nonsense

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

While they are most definitely in development, there has not been any official announcement of their release dates. If there had been, you would have seen it plastered over every single gaming site in the world.

Also that web site looks bogus as smurf.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Twirler of moustaches CactuarKing's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    This console generation isn't going anywhere for at least another 4 years, worry ye not. Microsoft and Sony built these things for longevity and invested a huge amount, they aren't going to turn around another lot 3 years later. Seeing as this thread cites more sources than that news post we can safely assume the news post is nonsense
    I smurfing hope so as only had mine about a year!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Huh? You forget to link something there?

Blog Entries

Oh no too fast too fast for poor old Midgar Mist

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    I meant this thread as in the one we're posting in now. Because you cited a source and the actual source didn't! So Ayen: 1, vgpwn.com: 0.

The PS5 is probably going to be released before I finish MGSV

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    I meant this thread as in the one we're posting in now. Because you cited a source and the actual source didn't! So Ayen: 1, vgpwn.com: 0.
    Ohh. Wow, I am slow today.

I also suspected something was up when they called it the Xbox Two. Just like the Xbox 720 predictions, I have my doubts the next Xbox system will be called Two, but who knows at this point. PS5 is a safer bet because Sony always keep their systems consistent with the numbers. Microsoft usually name their system whatever makes sense to them.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post
    Oh no too fast too fast for poor old Midgar Mist
    It's not moving too fast for poor old midgar mist. It's just some random douches making things up
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

It will be interesting to see how Sony & Microsoft approach the PS5 & Xbox Two But Really Four, but hopefully we won't see them for a few more years. This gen is only really just getting started and with Sony spending a fortune on PlayStation VR I can see the PS4 being around for a long time. It wouldn't surprise me if it has a ten year life-cycle like PS3 and the Nintendo NX will be released before the PS5 even gets announced.

Besides if PS4 can push out quality looking games like The Order 1886 and Until Dawn now then imagine what could be done in the next few years on current gen hardware.
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 01-06-2016 at 05:18 PM.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'm sure they are under early development, but that doesn't mean they'll be released in the next three years.