Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PS5 and Xbox 2... Already?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Hey, at least it's not as horrible as in the WiiU padlet.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I see where the motion control argument stems from. WiiU still likes it's gimmick controls. If it's not motion then its the touch screen. ZombiU and the new Fatal Frame come to mind. Very gimmicky controls. Sometimes it works. Sometimes not so much. And always there should be an option to do without. And there rarely is..

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

We'll have the PS4 and XB1 as the primary consoles for at least four more years. Honestly, with all these new peripherals just now coming like PSVR, it's probably going to be longer (we got a good seven years out of the last consoles on their meager hardware, after all).

I honestly will be surprised if the next round of consoles are even consoles as we currently know them. Microsoft seems to be pushing away from Xbox in favor of everything on PC and Sony seems to be pushing toward turning PlayStation into more of a service than a line of hardware. Meanwhile Nintendo seems to be heading toward some sort of all mobile microconsole idea.

It will be interesting to watch unfold. It will be even more interesting to see if all these companies currently dumping obscene amounts of money into VR hardware don't go bankrupt.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Sony seems to be pushing toward turning PlayStation into more of a service than a line of hardware.
    The day of consoles solely playing video games is over, really. Even the previous generation supported video streaming services, web browsing and other non-gaming features. I'd say it's positive move, and it does no harm having the console do more things.

Though the PS4 could stand to have more customisation. I just received mine for Christmas and was pretty disheartened that I could alter the 'home' screen much, like move apps around or delete them (there's even apps I haven't even downloaded, clogging up my home screen! Gah!).

One feature the Vita has over the PS4, and even the PS3 did this when Sony started making contracts with Verizon and Redbox. Neither of which interested me. And now they have promotions for some football thing and hulu and stuff which neither interest me in my video section. I too would like them removed. But at least its not like the 360 forcing an actual advertisement in the corner of every panel. Ugh. Unless I was specifically searching for online content, or using it for Netflix or YouTube, I kept my 360 offline..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut
    The day of consoles solely playing video games is over, really. Even the previous generation supported video streaming services, web browsing and other non-gaming features. I'd say it's positive move, and it does no harm having the console do more things.
    One might argue that that came with the advent of the PS2, which was marketed as also being a DVD player. Even the PS1 played your music CDs.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Remember when you could put a PS1 game in a CD player and it'd play the soundtrack?

Banned

I found the title of this thread stressful. It feels like I watched Mark Cerny speak bout the PS4 hardware only yesterday.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Remember when you could put a PS1 game in a CD player and it'd play the soundtrack?
    For those that used CD audio for the music, yeah. Because most games were less than 100 MB in size, there were in some cases plenty of space for that.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?