Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Collections, past and present.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I use to collect rocks and then state quarters. Then I went to collecting Pokemon cards. I started collecting video games before all of those though and pretty much still do. I very rarely sell off my games. I've amassed quite the collection, but would probably still be minuscule to the Shaunas' collection.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Video Games - I have an extensive selection of games for all of my consoles. ZX Spectrum, NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, Wii, Wii U, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS.

My gaming room is nearing completion and I will be putting up pictures soon to make you all jealous.

I have also got every issue of Super Play magazine from 1992-1996 in mint condition with original folders.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Past (like 15 years ago):

Pokémon Cards
    Yu-Gi-Oh Cards

A Few Years Ago:

Magic the Gathering Cards
    London 2012 Memorabilia

Present:

Collectors' Editions of my favourite video games
    Disney Pin Badges
    Blizzard Pin Badges

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post

Disney Pin Badges
    I gathered a small collection of Disney Pins while I was a Cast Member. Sold a couple in the last year, but I have a few I'll never part with. I managed to collect a few Hard Rock pins while I was working for them too, but I'm not as attached to those.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by SammieBabe View Post

Disney Pin Badges
    I gathered a small collection of Disney Pins while I was a Cast Member. Sold a couple in the last year, but I have a few I'll never part with. I managed to collect a few Hard Rock pins while I was working for them too, but I'm not as attached to those.
    Oh cool! It's a habit I recently got into when some friends went to Florida and bought pins back. Now I usually pick one up anytime I'm in the Disney store in Paris. (which oddly, given who I am... isn't that often haha)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SammieBabe View Post

Disney Pin Badges
    Oh cool! It's a habit I recently got into when some friends went to Florida and bought pins back. Now I usually pick one up anytime I'm in the Disney store in Paris. (which oddly, given who I am... isn't that often haha)
    Lol, no it makes sense. I live an hour from WDW and I don't make it up there that often.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Pokemon cards, Yu-Gi-Oh cards, several action figures, Buffy, Xena, Charmed, and Emily of New Moon on DVD. I did begin a collection of Star Trek The Original Series, That 70's Show, and WrestleMania on DVD, but have had no desire to continue the collection.

I also have all the mainline Final Fantasy games.

Also;

My son was big into Yugioh a couple years ago. I learned to play so that I could play with him, but also so that I could help him develop decks. I went nuts on eBay/Craigslist. That kinda took the fun out of it. I think it's more fun when you're banking on a little luck in your hunt. Still have them.

Bakugan- same.

Beyblade (metal)- I was ordering all of the good ones before they came to the US. I knew how to tell the real ones from the fakes by the packaging (the knock offs sucked). He hasn't played with them for awhile, but the 2 year old will be at "that age" soon enough.

My wife doesn't "collect" Disney pins, but she does like to pick up the cute pins that she comes across. We have season passes (no blockouts), we go quite often (we were there last week), so she gets some here and there. She has some from our visit to Disney's Aulani last year.

My 2yr old boy is absolutely nuts for anything cars. From the "real deal", to Power Wheels, to Hot Wheels. Somehow he knows my car is the "hot ride" (I've only driven him in it twice, maybe 3 times). He fights to get in the drivers seat, grab the steering wheel, and throws his head back screaming "Wow!", "Whooooa!", and "Cooooool!". He has over 100 Hot Wheels and is "obsessed" with his Hot Wheels Spin Storm track.

Zeldy, you may have been joking (?), but I kid you not, there was a real human skull in a cage for sale on one of the antiquities dealer sites. No longer though, I should have taken a screen shot.

Banned

Past

Barbies n accessories
    Dolly,Girlfriend Magazines
    Knives/daggers
    Lucky charm bracelets
    Point Horror novels
    Fake nails
    Impulse deodorants
    Seashells

Present

Lush products
    Nail Polishes
    Tea
    Lip gloss/sticks
    Bikinis
    Lingerie
    Shoes
    Japanese tea cups

Remembered another one (had this traumatic memory tucked away);

A few years ago my wife was addicted to shoes, Christian Louboutin. It got so bad that I was a "VIP" customer at the St. Honore (Paris) store (they held all the new shoes in my wife's size and gave her "first dibs"). On the bright side, it was 10-15% cheaper, even after import duties. It started when we couldn't ever find her size. I started hunting internationally, St. Honore had several pairs that she wanted in her size (5 1/2-6), the rest is history/a tragedy. (thank god she is over that)