Thread: American Idol: the final season

Default American Idol: the final season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_(season_15)

In 2016, American Idol, the once-revered singing competition, will take its final bow this year; this is the final, farewell season, and the end of an era.
    Is that your final answer?

Blog Entries

Wow, talent shows. Are we still talking about them? In the UK we have The X Factor and I read they lost 4 million veiwers, ergo no Christmas Number one for them.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Never watched it or cared about it myself. But it did have a hell of an influence on our media and pop culture.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Never got into it, won't be sad when it's gone. Honestly prefer America Got Talent to it.

Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood came from this show. To quote Kelly Clarkson's coronation song, some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this, and Clarkson's moment took place in the first season in 2002, and Underwood's moment happened in the fourth season in 2005. Now, 15 years later, the show is ending. It is the end of an era.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood came from this show. To quote Kelly Clarkson's coronation song, some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this, and Clarkson's moment took place in the first season in 2002, and Underwood's moment happened in the fourth season in 2005. Now, 15 years later, the show is ending. It is the end of an era.
    Which begs the question of what happened to all those other winners?

Clarkson and Underwood both still have their careers, though they're nowhere near what they used to be. I remember Fantasia Barrino and Jordin Sparks, neither of which seem to be on the radar anymore. I couldn't even name any of the other ones.

Then again there are people who lost, like Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry, who have somehow managed to have way more successful careers than the people who actually won.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Indeed, that's true. I wonder what will ultimately become of the top 12 or so finalists of this final season.

In it's infancy, the auditions we're just as much about the bad, as the good, which was quite funny to watch. As the show "matured" (no longer made fun of crappy auditions) I continued to watch because there were some very talented, unique, performers.

This season, one really stands out (still catching up, TWC on demand), Trent Harmon's rendition of Allen Stone's "Unaware". It isn't just a voice, or a tone, style, genre, that "reaches" me, but there has to be conviction.

That's true; there were a lot of untalented "singers" that the show made fun of it is early days, when Simon Cowell was a judge. I think they stopped making fun of untalented people after he left.