Thread: EoFF : SoTW

Default EoFF : SoTW

EoFF : SoTW
    I've always loved SoTW contests! (SoTW=Signature of the Week)

This Week's Theme is: FF Villians!

Deadline is 1-30-2016 at 11:59PM EST

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote for Last Week's Theme: Superheros!
    Click here to see the submissions! <3

To those who aren't familiar with what a SoTW is about here's the run down:

- Every week a theme will be provided.
    - Your job is to create a signature based on that theme.
    - You send that signature to me via PM.
    - I then post all those beautiful creations here and people vote / comment on what they see.
    - While winning is an awesome feeling, the real reward is getting helpful critique and tips on what you've made.
    - That being said, the winner gets to pick the next theme. (There will be a week delay on the theme showing up. Keeping themes on this kind of schedule will prevent stalls in the contest.)

1. All signatures must be made by the person submitting. Anyone is allowed to participate in SoTW!
    2. Signatures must follow the forum rules.
    (If you need to refresh yourself on some of the rules, here they are.)
    A maximum width of 600 pixels.
    A maximum height of 250 pixels.
    Total file size of all images combined must not exceed 2MB.
    3. All signatures entered must follow the theme chosen for that week.
    4. However, you are allowed to interpret the themes in your own way.
    5. You may use text in your signature, but it cannot include your forum name. Text is optional but isn't a must.
    6. You are allowed one entry per week. You are allowed to change your entry as long as you PM it to me before the deadline.
    7. Voting by participants is not required, but is highly encouraged. Please, refrain from voting for your own signature, and be considerate when leaving feedback.
    8. No premade signatures! Make something new!
    9. Please, don't use the signature you made for SoTW in your actual signature until after that theme's winner has been announced.
    10. All entries should be sent to me via PM.
    11. Deadline for entries is Saturday 11:59 EST.
    12. Winner, please PM me your desired theme as soon as possible. If I don't receive it by the next SoTW deadline, I will pick something in your stead.
    ----------

Last Week's Theme: -INSERT THEME HERE!-
    -INSERT PICTURE HERE!-
    Person is the winner! Congratulations!

Previous SoTW winners! There's nothing here yet! :O SOON, my pretties. Soon!
    Last edited by BreakfastGrilledCheese; 01-24-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Some Text Here.

[Placeholder for where previous SoTW winners will go eventually.]

Some Text Here.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh man this may be something I could do. I can't say I'll be part of it every week but it'd help me with my rusty photoshop skills.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I would participate in this and also gladly give tips/critiques on signatures, but I'm not big on it being a requirement to vote. On principle it's not something I'm any longer a fan of; but if there is one, two or even ten signatures I think are awesome then I'll happily say so in the thread

I could see where that'd be bothersome. I'm concerned about having 5 people make something, and then 1 person voting/commenting.
    I won't make it a requirement, but it is highly encouraged that everyone try to at least comment on something so everyone can get a little feedback.

Some Text Here.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh snap! I didn't realize today was the end. I was going to try a superhero sig cause i'm obsessing over daredevil lately. For some reason I thought tomorrow was the 15th and I was gonna try to do it then since i have saturday off.

Oh snap! I have it down to be over on Saturday night and then wrote the wrong date down! Haha!

You have a whole 'nother day! I'll fix the date.

Some Text Here.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh sweet! I'll work on something in the morning then ^-^ That works out well!

TIME TO VOTE!
    ​--------------------------------------------------

This Week's Theme was: SUPERHEROS!

Entry 1.)

Entry 2.)

Leave a post with your vote for which signature you like better. You can also PM me your vote if you'd rather.
    I do highly encourage people to leave a comment with thoughts and words and stuff about the creations. It is always nice to get feedback!
    Voting ends 1-23-2016 at 11:59PM EST.

Some Text Here.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I totally forgot to do this. My bad.

First one is good, and has a nice use of transparency. Personally I'm not a fan of the colour scheme, but that's just personal preference; I also think it could do without the blue and grey boxes.

The second one is really good and super polished. Unfortunately you have to turn your head sideways to read it which I didn't think added anything to it. I'm a fan of small, neat signatures like that though.

Anyway, like I said, forgot about this, I'll whip up an entry for the next one.

So, the winner of last week's SoTW is no one cause no one voted (though, I thank you very much for your input, Pheesh!). I'm going to leave the voting open for another week.

This week we have no entries other than the one I did. So, I'm going to leave this theme up for another week.

If I don't get any entries for the theme or votes for the first batch then I'm going to let this puppy sleep peacefully. I don't say that angrily. I just don't wanna force something that no one is interested in.

Some Text Here.