Thread: XIII Trilogy As Ranked By Steam

Default XIII Trilogy As Ranked By Steam

So I am planning to save up for a better PC and when I get it I intend to get XIII-2 on Steam. I was curious about what DLC was available so I headed over to it and then I noticed the reviews and score.

6/10 according to 1,521 reviews.

So, having seen this, I naturally had to see how my favorite compares to its fellows.

XIII:
    7/10 according to 6,186 reviews.

Lightning Returns
    9/10 according to 836 reviews.

Also according to this site XIII has 852 players, LR has 404 players and XIII-2 has 237 players.

You add all this up and you get me with a frowny face.

I suppose LR's near perfect ten might be due to the relatively small number of reviews and also the fact it just came to Steam.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

None of those who dislike the first two are going to even bother looking at the store page for the third, and therefore won't buy or downvote it like they did with the first and/or second.

I guess you could say it's kind of a flaw in a one-bit rating system, like up/downvoting is. No way to let nuances be reflected in the score. If you just barely recommended it, or only recommend it for fans of the genre, it still counts as a 100% yes.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

Yea, at this point my ratings are exactly opposite of those.... but like Mirage said, not many people who disliked the first are going to be playing the second two.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

Articles
    Blog Entries

Huh, I expected XIII-2 to swap places with XIII, but yeah what Mirage said.