0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Pokemon Type

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Dancing Chocobo Favorite Pokemon Type

I played a lot of Pokemon last year, so this was on my mind and also due to the favorite element thread. What's your favorite Pokemon Type in the series? Mine is Psychic. It's mainly due to Drowzee being my favorite Pokemon and I like telekenetic based attacks.

Let's also use this thread to discuss about types in general. I feel that the Ice-Type needs a serious buff. It has too many weaknesses without a lot of strengths. It should at least be resistant to water too and I'd make it super effective against Bug Types too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Electric. People who saw my answer in the Element thread shouldn't be surprised by this. Jolteon is my spirit animal.

Psychic types were broken as smurf in the beginning.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Ice. In game it has been treated poorly by game freak, but it's always been my favorite (followed by psychic). It has decent coverage (Flying, grass, ground, rock dragon) and it can make slurpees. Ice beam has always been my favorite move, glaceon is one of my favorite Eeveelutions, Articuno is my favorite legendary bird, Lapras is my favorite surfer (mine is named Lilly!)
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycat View Post
    Ice. In game it has been treated poorly by game freak, but it's always been my favorite (followed by psychic). It has decent coverage (Flying, grass, ground, rock dragon) and it can make slurpees. Ice beam has always been my favorite move, glaceon is one of my favorite Eeveelutions, Articuno is my favorite legendary bird, Lapras is my favorite surfer (mine is named Lilly!)
    I have to correct on that one. It's weak to rock, not super effective against it.

I would like to say that Fighting would be my second because Hitmonlee's my second fav, but when I think of other fighting types I only like Blaziken and Hawlucha. I think I'll go with Ghost as a second. It has great defenses since it's immune to Normal and Fighting, though its actual resistances aren't from good types Bug/Poison, but it only has two weaknesses with one being itself. I like the designs of Ghost pokemon a lot more in general. You have:
    the Gastly line
    Misdreavous & Mismagius
    Golurk
    Sableye
    Duskull
    Chandelure
    Frosslass
    Jellicent

The best type period is Dragon though with all its resistances. It's just too bad that I think most Dragon pokemon look ugly and the majority of them don't even look like dragons.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Fairy, although I quite like Psychic as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, Ice has always been given the short straw. Defensively, ice is one of the worst types, resisting only itself and carrying weaknesses to common types. Having said that, ice type moves are used often, due to hitting dragon types hard.

Ice/Ground dual types work well as Ground covers many weaknesses.

If anything, bug types are spurned more. Bug types are squishy and have weaknesses to fire, flying and rock (all common types). Despite resisting Ground, many Ground types use Rock anyway, which spoils that somewhat. Bug types are also of limited use offensively, with low overall statistics which hamper their ability to do anything meaningful.

My favourite type is hard to choose. I like Electric types, but I also like Grass, Flying and Ghost types. Overall, I'd probably go for Flying. Some of my favourite Pokemons are the flying types that you encounter early on in the game: Staraptor, Pidgeot, etc.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Fire, though Fairy came very close to dethroning it!
    What would happen if they made a Fire Fairy?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Dragons because I'm Night Fury

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx
    I haven't played Gen 6 yet, how is the Fairy-Type? I know they've retconned certain pokemon like Clefairy and Mr. Mime for some reason into Fairies.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Yeah, Ice has always been given the short straw. Defensively, ice is one of the worst types, resisting only itself and carrying weaknesses to common types. Having said that, ice type moves are used often, due to hitting dragon types hard.

If anything, bug types are spurned more. Bug types are squishy and have weaknesses to fire, flying and rock (all common types). Despite resisting Ground, many Ground types use Rock anyway, which spoils that somewhat. Bug types are also of limited use offensively, with low overall statistics which hamper their ability to do anything meaningful.

My favourite type is hard to choose. I like Electric types, but I also like Grass, Flying and Ghost types. Overall, I'd probably go for Flying. Some of my favourite Pokemons are the flying types that you encounter early on in the game: Staraptor, Pidgeot, etc.
    Yeah, bugs are worse, but I just don't care about them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bugs have gotten much better recently, though, with Volcarona being a real beast of a Pokemon

Articles
    Blog Entries

I smurfing owned Brock with Butterfree in Pokemon Yellow, just saying.

Then again, that was mainly because he knew Confusion, so it might not have had anything to do with Bug Type.

Still, he was a straight up beast in that battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx
    I haven't played Gen 6 yet, how is the Fairy-Type? I know they've retconned certain pokemon like Clefairy and Mr. Mime for some reason into Fairies.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

Yeah, bugs are worse, but I just don't care about them.
    Basically, they realized how terrible they made the Psychic type, but, rather than fix it, they decided to create an all new type to tack on to the worthless Psychic types instead.

Yes, Psychic Types were broken in Gen 1. But they didn't need another weakness. Once the "immune to Ghost" thing was fixed, they were balanced, defensively. It's not the Psychic Type's fault that there were only three Bug moves in Gen 1, and only two Ghost moves. With the addition of Megahorn and Shadow Ball, Psychics lost a lot of their previous bulk.

Adding in Dark Type was just stupid. Psychic needed a few more things to resist it, yes. But it only hits two types super-effectively (neither common until they decided to turn Fighting Type into gods in Gen 2 by making them super effective against both the new Types for no reason [why does Fighting beat Steel, exactly? Go punch an I-Beam and get back to me]), it did not need something immune to it.

Basically, Gen 2 screwed things up royally, and Gen 6 tried to fix that by removing some of Steel's less sensible resistances (but it still resists Psychic because..?), adding in something else to counter to broken Fighting and Dark Types that they created in Gen 2, and then tacking that Typing onto all the worthless Psychic Types from previous generations.

FYI, Psychic is my favorite Type, and yet in my opinion, it's currently one of the worst types in the game. There are a lot of great Psychic Pokemon with fantastic movesets, but the Type itself is garbage.

Fighting is my least favorite Type, and I wish to heck they would nerf it more, because it is ridiculously overpowered.

It'd be fabulous.

Get it?

Flaming?

Eh?
    Just leave the gay jokes to me, m'kay queen?

Psychic, Fire and Flying are my favourite types. One of my favourite Pokémon ever is Talonflame, a Fire/Flying type. A Fire/Flying/Psychic would be ideal.