Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is it possible to be too nice?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    hope this aint too old to say but... i found out that being nice can hurt other people. it can make them remember stuff they wish not to remember, so that breaks my most basic greeting of asking how people are. this is a tough problem because now im at a loss of what i should do. should i ignore how they are? i dont think so. i dunno. maybe ill know when im less nervous.
    Saying "how are you doing?" does not make you responsible for how that person is actually doing. They would be having a bad day whether you asked or not. It is simply a common courtesy and not something you should be worrying about asking people. Most times if people do divulge that they are having a bad time then they usually are opening themselves up to speak about it, or at least receive a follow up question. If after that they say "I'd rather not talk about it" then the you simply drop it and go on with another conversation.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    hope this aint too old to say but... i found out that being nice can hurt other people. it can make them remember stuff they wish not to remember, so that breaks my most basic greeting of asking how people are. this is a tough problem because now im at a loss of what i should do. should i ignore how they are? i dont think so. i dunno. maybe ill know when im less nervous.
    Saying "how are you doing?" does not make you responsible for how that person is actually doing. They would be having a bad day whether you asked or not. It is simply a common courtesy and not something you should be worrying about asking people. Most times if people do divulge that they are having a bad time then they usually are opening themselves up to speak about it, or at least receive a follow up question. If after that they say "I'd rather not talk about it" then the you simply drop it and go on with another conversation.

yeah that must be my problem still. i dwell too much on what ive done wrong that i leave chat temporaly because i fear ill make them hate me you know?

Also uh should this be on the lifestream part? im unsure

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Honestly 'very been in a bad place for a long time now. However I know it's up to me to be fun. If I'm sad I never let it show. You asking me how I'm doing makes me smile. Let's me know someone cares. I enjoy it bad space or not. Don't worry about it much. Like I said, I enjoy being asked. Don't worry.