Thread: I know it's been a few years but let me tell you what I like about Man of Steel...

Default I know it's been a few years but let me tell you what I like about Man of Steel...

I like the fact that Superman had to deal with a full scale alien invasion. Which is something that I've wanted since Superman Returns. In fact if Superman Returns had been a returns story about Kal-El disappearing for five years, only to come back to Earth, just as an alien invasion was happening, then have Kal-El team up with Lex Luthor and the U.S. Military to stop an alien invasion, then Superman Returns might NOT have needed a reboot. But Bryan Singer didn't think of that. Anyway, I do love the alien invasion that was done in Man of Steel. Could the alien invasion have been done better? Maybe, maybe not. But I'm glad that they even did it at all. And I'm glad that Superman had help, even if it wasn't from any of the other heroes in the DC Cinematic Universe.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 01-23-2016 at 02:30 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The fight with Zod and the gang were cool, yes. Hell, I think it might have been the first time Superman actually got to punch someone on the silver screen. They always avoided that in the older movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    The fight with Zod and the gang were cool, yes. Hell, I think it might have been the first time Superman actually got to punch someone on the silver screen. They always avoided that in the older movies.

Unless, you count Superman crushing General Zod's hand in the theatrical cut of Superman II...Oh wait a minute, I was mis-remembering it. I thought Kal-El punched Zod after crushing his hand but he just tosses him down a pit of dry ice.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 01-23-2016 at 02:56 AM.

Twirler of moustaches CactuarKing's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Superman Returns was not that bad a film, just lacked any real story and was constrained by the fact they slotted it in between films.

Man of Steel - I think the film could have been better. It was okay, but for me it jumped about a bit too much, and I did not like the fact that Lois Lane figured out who he was. Or the fact that Clark found that space ship with the future of Krypton growing inside it. For me that felt a bit too Matrix-esque.

I liked Henry Cavill as Superman.

I am not a fan of the fighting scene as things happen so fast that I can not see what is going on clearly. And I always shout at the T.V. because the stupid humans always fight even though they are watching people throw trains etc. about like they weigh nothing and their bullets do them no harm.
    Last edited by CactuarKing; 01-29-2016 at 06:23 PM. Reason: To add further information

Quote Originally Posted by CactuarKing View Post
    Superman Returns was not that bad a film, just lacked any real story and was constrained by the fact they slotted it in between films.

Man of Steel - I think the film could have been better. It was okay, but for me it jumped about a bit too much, and I did not like the fact that Lois Lane figured out who he was. Or the fact that Clark found that space ship with the future of Krypton growing inside it. For me that felt a bit too Matrix-esque.

I liked Henry Cavill as Superman.

I am not a fan of the fighting scene as things happen so fast that I can not see what is going on clearly. And I always shout at the T.V. because the stupid humans always fight even though they are watching people throw trains etc. about like they weigh nothing and their bullets do them no harm.

I agree that the film they built around the alien invasion war movie, was not so great but they had redo the origin story and they could've either told it in a linear fashion or a non-linear fashion, and they chose the non-linear fashion, now, I believe any fault in the story lies in the fact that they rushed Man of Steel out there without another writer to rewrite David Goyer's stuff because they wanted it to be released before the Seigel and Shuster heir court case.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think Superman is one of the few heroes out there where you can skip the origin story and get straight to him fighting crime in the cape. It's not like we had an entire television series on his origins, or anything, and even before that everyone knew where Superman came from. Same for Batman, and several others.

Batman didn't have an origin story in 1989 and that turned out for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    I think Superman is one of the few heroes out there where you can skip the origin story and get straight to him fighting crime in the cape. It's not like we had an entire television series on his origins, or anything, and even before that everyone knew where Superman came from. Same for Batman, and several others.

Batman didn't have an origin story in 1989 and that turned out for the better.

I'm not exactly sure why Zack Snyder wanted to retell the origin story of Superman on the big screen....Other then maybe he and Warner Bros. thought redoing the origin story on the big screen will help newer generations like "the millennials" know who Superman is.

Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 01-31-2016 at 12:32 AM.