Thread: Playing the HD

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Playing the HD

Waiting for stuff to buffer before I can begin editing my latest video, so thought I'd throw this into the PS3 and see how it plays. Visuals look beautiful, though their voices being slightly out of sync is starting to bother me. Can't tell if it's the new visuals making that more noticeable, me being able to spot it easier after doing my own dubbing, or both. Wasn't there something about a new soundtrack, because I haven't noticed any new songs. Unless they use the old tracks when you pick Standard Sphere Grid. Expert looked too complicated for my taste. Though it's been so long since I played X I wouldn't remember many of the tracks, anyway.

Currently at Besaid Island. Someone tell Wakka holding a guy by the neck and choking him isn't the best way to ask for a favor.

Who else is still playing?

Yup ! Been playing since late last year ! Just up to battling Sin and then the final fight with Seymour ! It was nice to experience this game again, and it feels like a blast of nostalgia.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Waiting for stuff to buffer before I can begin editing my latest video, so thought I'd throw this into the PS3 and see how it plays. Visuals look beautiful, though their voices being slightly out of sync is starting to bother me. Can't tell if it's the new visuals making that more noticeable, me being able to spot it easier after doing my own dubbing, or both. Wasn't there something about a new soundtrack, because I haven't noticed any new songs. Unless they use the old tracks when you pick Standard Sphere Grid. Expert looked too complicated for my taste. Though it's been so long since I played X I wouldn't remember many of the tracks, anyway.

Currently at Besaid Island. Someone tell Wakka holding a guy by the neck and choking him isn't the best way to ask for a favor.

It's the same music with a new arrangement. Different/better sounding instruments, or entirely new instruments. There won't be an tracks you haven't heard before, but you might not notice the difference unless you listen to the old and new side by side/one after another.

You can switch between the old and new music on the PS4 version. I dunno if they fixed it, but the PS3's new music has some badly looping tracks that wasn't there on PS2. This is more pronounced in FFX-2 than in FFX.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I started playing the HD Remaster on my PS4 a week or so ago...just went through the Thunder Plains for the first time.

Random thoughts:

- The cinematography in battles, especially boss battles, is second-to-none. Hell, the first freaking fight in Zanarkand had me hooked thanks to how smooth battle transitions are, and all the stuff going in during battles (cool camera movements, PCs/enemies reacting to things, etc.) This makes a lot less sense as I'm typing it, but hopefully someone knows that I mean.

- Wakka's T.K.O. weapon (i.e. the one with Stonetouch) is broken. I'd estimate it OHKOs enemies 70% of the time.

- Even though his name is never spoken in-game, dialogue re: Tidus is mostly pretty smooth.

- Auron is single-handedly the most badass non-silent character in any video game period (I say non-silent because Demi-Fiend from SMT: Nocturne always gonna be number 1 in my book, but yeah)

- Rikku is a lot less annoying than I remember - almost endearing. Wonder why...

- On a similiar note, Lulu is mai waifu 4ever

Basically, enjoying the game a hell of a lot.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post

It's the same music with a new arrangement. Different/better sounding instruments, or entirely new instruments. There won't be an tracks you haven't heard before, but you might not notice the difference unless you listen to the old and new side by side/one after another.

You can switch between the old and new music on the PS4 version. I dunno if they fixed it, but the PS3's new music has some badly looping tracks that wasn't there on PS2. This is more pronounced in FFX-2 than in FFX.
    Huh, the way people talked I expected a completely new soundtrack. This one isn't half bad.

I forgot how much of a bitch Lulu can be. I'm at Kilika Temple and she made sure to crush all of Wakka's hopes and dreams in the most cold hearted way possible, and Tidus is just like, "Yeah, not getting involved in that."

Twirler of moustaches CactuarKing's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Still playing this and loving it.

I am currently at the Monster Arena, having just defeated Nemesis, and am stat maxing (just luck left to get up, then fill the voids with HP spheres).

Thoroughly enjoyed it all, and have ALL the celestial weapons (yes I dodged 200 lightning bolts and yes I caught all of the blue butterflies).

Love the alternate soundtrack - just sounds like they remixed the original tunes with real instruments so they are hauntingly similar but also different enough to feel new.

I literally just need to max the sphere grid with all characters, then defeat the dark aeons from Bahamut onwards, all the way through to Penence, then defeat Sin.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm playing the HD remaster on the Vita. I do not like FFX Yuna's expressions in the remaster but the rest is good

I'm about to fight Seymour Flux.

Wish me luck

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow_Magic View Post

Wish me luck

Kick his ass, Seabass!

Twirler of moustaches CactuarKing's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow_Magic View Post

Wish me luck

Kick his ass, Seabass!
    I second this!!

Make him dead, cousin Fred!!

I just started playing it for the first time this week. I bought a new copy of X/X-2 remastered at Game Stop.