Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite representations of Batman AND Superman?

Default What's your favorite representations of Batman AND Superman?

Is it any of the movies, live-action TV shows, animated TV shows or a particular run of the comic books that just screams Batman AND Superman, to you?

I think for Batman, I'm gonna have to go with the Bruce Timm/Eric Radomski Batman Animated Series from 1992. But Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy is maybe a close second and James Tucker's Batman: The Brave and the Bold would be a distant third.

I think the Max and Dave Fleischer Superman cartoon shorts actually, probably best represent who Superman really is, but I guess a close second would be The Bruce Timm/Paul Dini Superman Animated Series from '96. And I suppose a distant third would be Man of Steel, and maybe even Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, if they take the time to flesh out the Superman characterization a little bit more.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Both animated series for Batman and Superman. Live action I have to go with Tim Burton's Batman, but I don't have a favorite live action Superman at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Both animated series for Batman and Superman. Live action I have to go with Tim Burton's Batman, but I don't have a favorite live action Superman at the moment.

Wow, you don't even like the Dean Cain Superman from Lois & Clark enough to say that he's your favorite.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fat Bioware Nerd View Post

Wow, you don't even like the Dean Cain Superman from Lois & Clark enough to say that he's your favorite.
    Didn't watch enough of the show to really call him a favorite.

Didn't watch enough of the show to really call him a favorite.

I watched the show, but it's really more about Clark Kent and Lois Lane's relationship than it is about Superman and Lois's relationship. By the way:
    (SPOILER)They even had an episode where Clark got shot while protecting Lois.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Animated Series Batman (either of them) for Batman, Nolan's Batmans for the universe. Year One gave us the aesthetic that inspired Nolan's Batman, so that comic is my favorite representation of him.

I don't care about Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    You don't even like the Max and Dave Fleischer Superman cartoon shorts? Because those Fleischer Superman shorts were the inspiration for Batman: The Animated Series.

I've never really liked Batman as a character: it's always been the villains that have sold it to me. So, on that basis, I'm going to have to go with The Dark Knight, closely followed by Tim Burton's Batman film, whatever that was called.

In terms of Superman, I'm not really sure. Again, he's never really grabbed me as a character, but his villains haven't either. I've actually seen quite a few Superman films, but I didn't really like any of them. They often cast edible looking men to play Superman though, so watching them wasn't a complete waste, I suppose.
    Last edited by Mr. Carnelian; 01-23-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    I've never really liked Batman as a character: it's always been the villains that have sold it to me. So, on that basis, I'm going to have to go with The Dark Knight, closely followed by Tim Burton's Batman film, whatever that was called.
    It was just called Batman. It was a different time. A simpler time.

Blog Entries

Live action I have to go with Tim Burton's Batman, but I don't have a favorite live action Superman at the moment.
    I agree with this.

I myself have never seen the newer batman films (if I did I'd watch it for Heath Ledger, as I saw some of his previous work. I've never seen Christian Bale in action)

I love Tim Burton's take on Batman, and my favourite Batman has to be Michael Keaton

As for superman I've seen both Christopher Reeve and Dean Cain in action. And the looks of the guy who played him anytime I saw Smallville advertised

Hmmm...I can turn this into a Snog, Marry, Avoid thing

Snog: guy from Smallville
    Marry: Christopher Reeve
    Avoid: Dean Cain

:-D

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Fat Bioware Nerd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    You don't even like the Max and Dave Fleischer Superman cartoon shorts? Because those Fleischer Superman shorts were the inspiration for Batman: The Animated Series.
    It doesn't matter to me if they were an inspiration for it - I don't care about Superman as a character.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post
    I love Tim Burton's take on Batman, and my favourite Batman has to be Michael Keaton
    I knew there was a reason I loved you.

However, we're gonna have to fix this issue of you never seeing any of the Christoper Nolan's Batman films.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Animated series Batman. All-Star Superman.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

To me, the animated series Batman is the real Batman and every other version of him is compared to this one. My favorite Superman is actually from Kingdom Come but in terms of one that exists outside of comics or in the present day then I would say the Superman from the Justice League cartoons, with...Smallville coming in second.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Do you read Batman comics with the voice of Kevin Conroy in your head like I do?