Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you buy Garnet/Dagger's Love for Zidane?

Yes ! Who doesn't ? People don't ??

It's the best well- written Final Fantasy romance story within FF history.

It doesn't feel too sudden like Squall/ Rinoa, or teenage emotions gone wild like Yuna/ Tidus.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think what helps it is that both are pretty mature and good people when the story begins. They're introspective, they have established hobbies and interests, and they're overdramatic or prone to random bouts of selfishness. There's already an established sense of respect there when they meet, a casual flirtation and regard for others' well-being that later blooms into something more.

I don't see why not. It's definitely one of the better written love stories in the franchise. It never feels forced and the two leads have actual chemistry between them, unlike Squall/Rinoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Example View Post
    I don't see why not. It's definitely one of the better written love stories in the franchise. It never feels forced and the two leads have actual chemistry between them, unlike Squall/Rinoa.
    There is not chemistry but it's sorcery!
    ღმერთის შვილი შეეხო და მითხრა, რომ ანგელოზთა ფეხები მომეხია.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart Loire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Example View Post
    There is not chemistry but it's sorcery!
    Only if you believe a certain theory.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I buy it, I just don't really care about it, unlike Tidus x Yuna, which is one of the best romances in the series.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah I think it developed form "hey cute princess" to oh I really like her!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    I buy it, I just don't really care about it, unlike Tidus x Yuna, which is one of the best romances in the series.
    ew
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Banned

I will say this:

the scene at the beginning of disc 3 when Zidane is starting to believe that he will never be able to meet Garnet again, and for this reason sits and looks bitter at a table at the bar in Alexandria and hardly pays any attention to anyone around him, felt extremely realistic.
    This is very much like what a guy like Zidane would act in that situation in real life.

Yes. It's realistic because she doesn't fall in love right away, but falls in love with who he is over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1986 View Post
    I will say this:

the scene at the beginning of disc 3 when Zidane is starting to believe that he will never be able to meet Garnet again, and for this reason sits and looks bitter at a table at the bar in Alexandria and hardly pays any attention to anyone around him, felt extremely realistic.
    This is very much like what a guy like Zidane would act in that situation in real life.
    Oh jeez, I forgot about that scene. I never thought I'd be able to relate to a Final Fantasy character before now.

I totally buy it! Zidane and Garnet are so adorable in every way, I bet Garnet never thought of falling in love with a petty thief.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I do. In any case, it's way better than Yuna and Tidus (which is a bad FF love story).
    I think Squall and Rinoa's love story is worse, the problem with Tidus and Yuna's is that it lacks screen time and thus development. These 2 love stories are forced and unnatural.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Off topic, but to those who said that Squall and Rinoa felt forced, I don't think they did other than the usual "just met, now in a love story" kind of thing, but all the Final Fantasies I've played do that - Cloud and Tifa are the only ones I know who knew each other before the game starts, and even they didn't actually "know" each other that well when they were "childhood friends". I always thought Squall and Rinoa looked like it developed over time, and was also about Squall being more open as well, which I thought took a decent amount of time, given what the game could do in its time limit. They just had a lot of chemistry for me, even when Squall was still saying "Whatever." every five minutes.

I haven't played as much of Final Fantasy X as I'd like, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tidus and Yuna actually are a good couple, but the voice acting messed up the chemistry to some. I don't find the voice acting bad, aside from the odd moment (Yuna's "I'm so sorry" sounding particularly bad, in my opinion), but rather poorly put together. I would be very surprised if I was to hear that the voice actors/actresses recorded their lines together, as most of the time they all sound so disjointed with each other, like their not even in the same conversation. That may have hindered Tidus and Yuna, but I'll see what I think when I see more of their romantic moments.

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    I always thought Squall and Rinoa looked like it developed over time, and was also about Squall being more open as well, which I thought took a decent amount of time, given what the game could do in its time limit. They just had a lot of chemistry for me, even when Squall was still saying "Whatever." every five minutes.
    Squall saying "whatever" every 5 minutes or so is one of the reasons I dislike the love story between him and Rinoa. He seems uncaring, then suddenly caring for a certain girl...

I can't even look at a smiling Squall!

Ok, maybe I should play this again, it's been 15 years anyway, let's see if my opinion will change.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    I always thought Squall and Rinoa looked like it developed over time, and was also about Squall being more open as well, which I thought took a decent amount of time, given what the game could do in its time limit. They just had a lot of chemistry for me, even when Squall was still saying "Whatever." every five minutes.
    Squall saying "whatever" every 5 minutes or so is one of the reasons I dislike the love story between him and Rinoa. He seems uncaring, then suddenly caring for a certain girl...

I can't even look at a smiling Squall!

Ok, maybe I should play this again, it's been 15 years anyway, let's see if my opinion will change.
    I will respect your opinion if it doesn't, but here's some advice; pay attention to everything, try to see as many Squall and Rinoa scenes as you can (i.e. put them in the same party as much as possible) and pay attention to Squall's thoughts - he cares a lot sooner than people think he does, in my opinion.

Again, I will respect your opinion either way.