Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EoFF avatars.....

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Has there been an influence in changing your avatar outside of the media at all ever?

Whatever makes me look coolest.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Boredom usually. If I'm bored I tend to open Photoshop up and make things. Either that or I'm obsessively fangirling over something and want to tell the world, or I find some cool art I like.

Though I think I've been using this set for ... nearly 2 years now! (well apart from the switch when Type-0 HD was coming out)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apart from a few brief occasions over the years, and during Game of Thrones periods, I have always been and always will be Tonberry. Specifically, the one from the handful of starter Avatars EOFF provides.

It is my firm belief that if I ever leave or die, that will forever be remembered as mine.

Tonberry 4eva.

Blog Entries

Generally I just see something and think "Hey that'd be cool for a signature/avatar set" and do it.

In my case, they're all Doctor Whos. First off, I had Eighth Doctor in my avatar and sig. Then, I kept the Eighth Doctor Sig but switched to a Fifth Doctor Avatar. Since then, you may I have noticed that I "stagger" my avatars and sigs: the Doctor I'm using as an avatar will be the next Doctor I use as a sig. I'm not doing them in any particular order, just whichever one takes my fancy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    In my case, they're all Doctor Whos. First off, I had Eighth Doctor in my avatar and sig. Then, I kept the Eighth Doctor Sig but switched to a Fifth Doctor Avatar. Since then, you may I have noticed that I "stagger" my avatars and sigs: the Doctor I'm using as an avatar will be the next Doctor I use as a sig. I'm not doing them in any particular order, just whichever one takes my fancy.
    Your seventh doctor signature looks haggard, and just done with life in general.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think my very first avatar and signature was Toothless the Night Fury, but back then my username was Lockharted. I've switched through a lot of Final Fantasy characters, some from tv shows - often times I like to do a set change with a friend so we'll match up. I was Amy Poehler for a bit and Shorty was Tina Fey!

Some characters I've had in the past...
    Jane Porter
    Toothless and Hiccup
    Tifa
    Sarah Walker (Chuck)
    Buffy and Spike
    Cordelia (Angel)
    Cloud of Darkness
    Terra Bradford
    Arya Stark
    Daenerys
    Fang

There tends to be a go to for me for every theme... like if a few of us are doing Disney I'll be Jane. Being the Brit chick and all, and she's very much my Disney twin I think!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had Lulu from FFX for years and years and I didn't want to part with her. Once I did, it's been a rotation of Abigail Larson art including Ophelia and Frankenstein's Bride, Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, Margaery from Game of Thrones, Jenny Lewis, Poison Ivy, Ant Lucia art including A General Awesome Geeky Redhead and Harley Quinn, Zoë Washburne, Margot Tenenbaum, Narcissa Malfoy, Roxy Richter, Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, and Veronica Corningstone. And probably others. And now Cameron Esposito.

I forget who I was when we did Disney sets a couple of years ago.

edit: smurf forgot Zatanna

Oh, that's true. I forgot about the Game of Thrones and Penny Dreadful sets. Those were/will be a lot of fun.

Twirler of moustaches CactuarKing's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whenever I find a good Cactuar pic that I haven't used, and have enough spare time/am bored.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

For my short time here, I've had quite a few. I had Funguy from Chrono Cross to start. I remember having Allison Brie in a Luigi hat for a while, I had a Dr. Mario set, Vincent from FFVII when we did FFVII stuff, I had Daisy Ridley confessing her love for Colonel Angus, & the eyeball spaghetti from a Daisy Ridley video (the sig I've kept, as I couldn't find one to go w/ my current avatar). Oh, I had the cheeky Cactites from FFXII.

I want to do my next set as Howard the Duck (which I'm currently reading), but really can't settle on anything.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I used to always feature the letter P in my avatars but I kinda got bored of that. More recently my sigs have had men from behind... which sounds kinkier than it actually is.

Wasn't really a conscious thing I did, I guess I'm just drawn to that style of image.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Random.

Well except now its a memorial sig and my avatar is my oldest cat. but ill change it sometime.