Thread: I Don't Like Fang

Default I Don't Like Fang

Why does everyone else?

She's introduced like she's a villain, she goes on and on about how she needs to kill people, which is the reason the whole game happened - who'd have thought that threatening a fal'Cie right in front of it would have consequences? - and when she's not talking about killing people, she's being 'cool." Cool in the worst, most try-hard, un-cool sense of the word. Also in the third game she literally leads a group of bandits.

I can understand liking any other XIII character but not her.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

How is she introduced as a villain? She looks morally ambiguous at first, but a villain? Come on.

Of course, you're entitled to not liking her. I like her because she seems harsh but is a big softie inside and she's dealing with her own torment in her own, quiet way (until she lashes out, of course). She's probably the only nuanced character along with Sazh

Fang is sassy as smurf and takes no trout. The only reason she tried to destroy Cocoon was because she had to in order to save Vanille. The bandits were bandits in name only: there's nobody in the desert to steal things from, they're amateur archaeologists in reality. She's incredibly loyal to her friends and those she loves, especially Vanille. Plus, she doesn't just act cool, she IS cool. Basically, like Fynn I disagree with your assessment and think that Fang is awesome.

Blog Entries

I don't really like her. She comes into the story a little harsh towards Snow. After that she is arguably better then lightning. She is tough in battle but she doesn't meet my personal favorite Final Fantasy XIII character.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Articles
    Blog Entries

But then, who wouldn't be snarky towards the guy who keeps going "I'm the hero!" over and over. Snow improved tremendously by the end of Palumpolum.

No one ever got mad when Tidus said this was his story.

Besides, Snow wasn't saying he himself was the hero. All of NORA were heroes. It was one of their mottoes, essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    No one ever got mad when Tidus said this was his story.

Besides, Snow wasn't saying he himself was the hero. All of NORA were heroes. It was one of their mottoes, essentially.
    I got mad at Tidus, actually. Tidus is HELLA annoying when he says "It's my story!"

Snow's insistence that he's the big hero goes above and beyond any other character in the game, to the extent where it gets annoying. Fang never makes any such grandiose claims, which is just another reason to like her.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, both Tidus and Snoe are trash which I've been pretty vocal about for some time, so how's that nobody?

Neither of you are really in the games so you don't count. The topic was Fang being an ass to Snow for saying he was a hero, not people on the Internet.

And you're' right, Fang doesn't go on about being a hero. She goes on about murdering all of Cocoon, which is the reason the game happened.. So if you don't like FFXIII, it's all Fang's fault that FFXIII happened.

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

I like Tidus and Snow. So there lol. Fang didn't even feel like part of the story to me (even though she obviously was). TBH I could make a thread that says, "I don't like [insert ffxiii character here minus Sazh and Snow]." Just my opinion. Might be a bad one, but I'm an outgoing hyper guy that many of you would probably find unbearable irl
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

Articles
    Blog Entries

She goes on about murdering all of Cocoon, which is the reason the game happened.. So if you don't like FFXIII, it's all Fang's fault that FFXIII happened.
    I don't think she discusses that much, and if she was so vehemently anti-Cocoon I'm surprised she didn't try to kill Lightning and the others. She was only really against Cocoon during the war, which seems understandable enough. Really, Fang and Vanille were pawns used by the Fal'cie to be used in war. Bear in mind they both end up saving Cocoon from annihilation.

I know but the fact remains her threatening a Cocoon fal'Cie right in front of it is what set off pretty much everything.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I know but the fact remains her threatening a Cocoon fal'Cie right in front of it is what set off pretty much everything.
    Eh, I feel like she redeems herself well enough. Cloud exacerbates the plot many a time in FFVII and people don't seem to pay him no mind.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I do like Fang. I have a femcrush on her

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Fang better step off.