Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vikings season 4

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Default Vikings season 4

With Febuary just about here many great shows are ready to go for another season and start. In North America we have Shamless that started its season last night, Fuller House starting on Febuary 28th for its first season. Also a gem on the Hostory Chanel call Vikings coming back for the fourth season.

The show follows the story of Ragnar Lothbrok and his journey from simple farmer to King as he raids the English countryside in search for new farmland for his people.

It starts Febuary 18th and if you haven't seen the show yet I highly suggest giving it a try.

Blog Entries

I've been watching since the premier. I really enjoy it. I think it's a good mix of actual history and dramatization and even some of the die hard history nerds I know who hate anything that deviates from the real story can still enjoy this one. A blogger friend of mine has started a series on some of the true stories behind the series.
    I know who they're setting Rollo up to become, and I'm thrilled to see how it plays out!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

You should watch the last kingdom on Netflix if you like Vikings too
    And read the northlanders comic series
    Just fiy

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I watched Northlanders too and really enjoyed it. Looks like it takes place about 50 years after the landing

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

a viking show made by canadians and brits. this insults my heritage.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    You should watch the last kingdom on Netflix if you like Vikings too
    And read the northlanders comic series
    Just fiy
    I heard good things about it. Will check it out!

Blog Entries

Sorry for the double post, but...

Has anyone else been watching?
    I'm curious to see where you think the show is going. I wonder if this season will be it, or, if there's another season in Ragnar.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ooh look! a Vikings thread!

i absolutely adore this show!

a prediction + spoilers Im pretty convinced that Ragnar's story is at its end this season. the myth tells us that Ragnar died when he returned to England and got thrown into a snake pit by one of the kings. in the trailer there was a scene where ragnar was surrounded by snakes. there is also a bit more focus on the young children (ragnar's boys and the prince that started his pilgrimag) in the latest episode and people are guessing/saying that those children will take over the show.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Bjorn was sad to conquer half the world and Alfred (The young prince making his journey) historically had to stop him and lost half of England to him. It could be this is the season. Also I think Rallo will die this season as twice a trader in the series.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    ooh look! a Vikings thread!

i absolutely adore this show!

a prediction + spoilers Im pretty convinced that Ragnar's story is at its end this season. the myth tells us that Ragnar died when he returned to England and got thrown into a snake pit by one of the kings. in the trailer there was a scene where ragnar was surrounded by snakes. there is also a bit more focus on the young children (ragnar's boys and the prince that started his pilgrimag) in the latest episode and people are guessing/saying that those children will take over the show.
    Yaaaaassssss!! I agree! (SPOILER) I think Ragnar is not long for this world. I saw the snakes in the pre-season trailer, and knew exactly what they were hinting at. Plus with seeing King Aella again, it was foreshadowing for sure. If they plan to keep the show going though, they're going to have to age some of Ragnar's sons a bit, I think.
    One of my favorite things about this show is how they've incorporated so many actual historical figures into the myth of Ragnar. (SPOILER) Making Rollo the first Duke of Normandy and the ancestor of William the Conqueror, and Judith's son with Aethelstan the future Alfred the Great, is fun for us history nerds!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    Bjorn was sad to conquer half the world and Alfred (The young prince making his journey) historically had to stop him and lost half of England to him. It could be this is the season. Also I think Rallo will die this season as twice a trader in the series.
    if they stick to history he will win and live happely ever after with his wife :3

Blog Entries

Remember.. The Seer told him that if he knew what the Gods had in store for him, he'd dance naked on the beach.
    We can all be as pissed as we want at Rollo. But I don't think things go super badly for him...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SammieBabe View Post
    Remember.. The Seer told him that if he knew what the Gods had in store for him, he'd dance naked on the beach.
    We can all be as pissed as we want at Rollo. But I don't think things go super badly for him...
    perhaps him turning against his brother, turning christian, marrying the king's daughter was what would make him go dance naked on the beach :P

can we talk further about this show?
    can we talk about spoilers from the latest episode what a true bitch Aslaug is? D: her son found Björns daughter dead in a stream and she just didnt give a single flying smurf and on top of that little Ivar said 'who cares?'

Blog Entries

I'm not ignoring you, I just haven't watched last week's yet. I will be back when caught up!

Blog Entries

Its just been so silent here the last weeks :3