Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So, drugs...

I fancy myself a beer "connoisseur", but;

Smoked some herb in the past, have been dabbling in it a bit recently (helps me sleep).
    Had "X" a handful of times, even though I used to have 1k+ pills at my house (16-17 years ago). A close friend of mine that was a promoter for a number of "rave crews" came to me with the idea. I gave him the money for the "boats", he went to the parties with it. Stupid.
    LSD twice (make that 3 times), but only once did I have a psychedelic experience. That was at the very first Electric Daisy Carniva, Rockahoola Water Park. Insane.
    Never did coke, friends did/do. First time I even saw it was at a party (21). I kicked in the door to the bathroom and two of my friends offered. No thanks. One of them OD'd a year or two later.
    No heroin.

Shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post

I am considering addiction medication but it's something I'll be speaking to professionals about and making very sure of beforehand
    'Cuse my ignorance, but what's addiction medication? Methadone? Anti-anxiety meds?

Quote Originally Posted by 99513363 View Post

I am considering addiction medication but it's something I'll be speaking to professionals about and making very sure of beforehand
    'Cuse my ignorance, but what's addiction medication? Methadone? Anti-anxiety meds?
    They're medications to help someone with a dependence to a medication recover from the addiction. It isn't safe in many cases to stop something cold turkey. Methadone is used for dependence. Suboxone or naloxone have higher success rates, though. There's also drugs like thiamine and the use of benzos for alcohol dependence. It depends really on what type of addiction you're experiencing.

To all of you talking about taking recreational drugs...

Thanks for the detailed answer! It was very helpful.

Whoops, didn't include the quote. Thanks Hearts!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I dabbled a lot in my twenties. Didn't progress to heroin but tried pretty much everything else. Had the occasional lapse in my thirties but I know I'll never touch the stuff again.

Alcohol is my only poison now.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post

That and tripping balls of course.
    lol, "tripping balls." /looks down at signature/
    hahahah

alcohol and coffee are also considered drugs, dont play yourself

I've tried weed, acid, and I think I did a perc once. I say that cause I really don't remember what it felt like.

stuff I was interested in trying at least once: shrooms, coke, ...and thats about it

nowadays I dont really seem too interested in trying any of that stuff tbh. Seeing these posts/or any time I hear people saying they've never tried anything makes me jealous of a time when I was able to say the same for years while everyone around me couldn't. On the one hand, I'm glad I have the experience of doing so because I now see both the sides of the spectrum and have went through the good, the bad and the bland. on the other, I wish I still had a fragment of innocence where I would use creativity and spontaneity to keep myself "up" and excited. there's nothing more boring than the revelation that certain groups of people you have to feel under an influence to be around. and also, you really do realize who's your friend for who you are.
    drugs in a society make growing up weird, because it places some (jk, all) people in an awkward phase where they start seeing less people even when in front of many people. it feels so good that the goal becomes to feel like that as much as possible. so the people who arent helping you achieve that eventually become background characters and when you want to take a break you become a background character to this crew you helped build.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post

Are you including alcohol in that, or are you a hypocrite?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

I think that was in jest.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Like I said in the post already I've been clean 11 years. That being said I do love alcohol and drink it often in a social setting. Coffee? I drink about 7 or 8 cups a day. Cigarettes? I smoke about 5 a day on any given day. Those were way tougher for me to give up then drugs that one day I just said ehh I'm getting to old for this trout now.

I very rarely drink alcohol. I also avoid caffeine and sugary drinks. I'm so virtuous!

Like Formy said, it was a joke.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by 99513363 View Post

Anxiety medication. I just typed the wrong thing by accident~

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I very rarely drink alcohol. I also avoid caffeine and sugary drinks. I'm so virtuous!

Like Formy said, it was a joke.
    I don't believe you!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Did weed a few times and nicotine once by accident thinking it was weed because my nose was congested due to allergies. Also have had alcohol. And Vicodin I suppose counts but that was non recreationally. It was an interesting day in class after I popped that Vicodin.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Only prescription drugs. I have had alcohol and second-hand smoke. The former took a lot of trial and error before I could find one that I would actually enjoy, and I rarely have it these days unless I'm going out, and even thin it's in moderation. Second hand smoke was bad enough for me to be completely put off smoking. Marijuana fumes don't make me cough as much as the smell makes me gag.

I have a fear of drugs, I suppose. I don't know if you could class it as a phobia, because I'm not sure it's irrational and I don't freak out. But I don't want anything to do with drugs in general. Even my prescription drugs are things I'm extremely careful and wary of. Apparently the stuff I take should be addictive but I am more likely to stop taking them than to ask for more than the standard one-per-day I have to take already.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!