Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: //fake Jamaican accent// Why you gotta be so rude?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default //fake Jamaican accent// Why you gotta be so rude?

What breach of etiquette grinds your gears the most?

For me it's those who mistreat service workers. Servers, cashiers, clerks, etc. to me if you're rude in an even slight way you're dead to me. Dead. Gone.

Ayyyy mon. Why you be so rude boi? Associating wit babylon and such me bredren.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I agree with you on the etiquette one. Unless these servers are being rude towards you, why should you go out of your way to be rude to them?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Being rudely interrupted by strangers. Friends and I all interrupt each other when we're excitedly talking about things and then we make way for each other to talk. But if you're a stranger who interrupts me while I am speaking, I will become your worst nightmare to deal with.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Store aisle etiquette. Standing in the middle of an aisle or not moving when someone clearly needs behind you or around you makes me soooo mad. How are you not spatially aware? You have to know by having your store conversation with random whomever, you're blocking people from getting things done. Don't walk extremely slow with 3 other people all lengthwise and not let anyone pass you. Just be considerate of the people around you and stop being jerks!

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    What breach of etiquette grinds your gears the most?

For me it's those who mistreat service workers. Servers, cashiers, clerks, etc. to me if you're rude in an even slight way you're dead to me. Dead. Gone.
    I get so embarrassed when people do this. Dad was rude to a worker at the train station over Christmas break and I gave him hell for it.

People in the crosswalk/parking lot taking their sweet ass time to get out of the way so that traffic may proceed. When there are cars waiting for me you better believe I pick up the pace, jog if necessary. The vast majority of pedestrians do not consider traffic, but they are also blatantly ignoring the courtesy said drivers are granting them by not just running their "slow" (double entendre) asses over. Smart phones have made it so much worse (read as "smart phones, stupid people).

Blog Entries

Stand to the left of the escalator so others can pass. Only mildly annoying when I'm being blocked but when my friends block the escalator and I tell them about the general consensus and they roll their eyes at me then they lose a friend point.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I get really angry about lack of courtesy in cars. Irrationally angry.

Among people I know, I hate it when my friends look a garbage on their phone when we're doing things. Like if it's just to check a message fine, but don't surf facebook while we're watching a movie or playing a game.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Don't be a one upper. If someone is telling a story, especially if it is negative, let them vent. Don't go, "Well, when I was a kid, my dad beat me WAY MORE times than you!" It's way more annoying if you start by trying to one up by saying, "That's alright!"

Like, what the f*** is that even supposed to mean?

I think it's alright to relate a story to someone when they are telling a story. Using the example I said earlier, a better thing to say would be, "Yeah man, my dad beat me too. It's terrible." Go ahead and relate, but keep it short. Don't try to outdo them. Even if you think you had it tougher and they are whining. Man, just let people vent.

Articles
    Blog Entries

When you park in front of the mailbox when you have an entire driveway RIGHT SMURFING THERE! MOVE YOUR SMURFING CAR AND GET IT OUT OF THE WAY SO WE CAN GET OUR SMURFING MAIL!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

College students that don't know how to navigate public spaces. You don't have to crowd the door of the classroom before the previous class has even let out, and you definitely don't need to shuffle your impatient ass through them as they leave. Don't stop and answer your phone in the middle of a walkway/staircase, you're an adult you can handle walking and talking. You don't have to walk all in a row with your 4+ friends and hold up traffic; one day I'm going to kick someone's knee in.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Last year I dropped a friend for doing this multiple times as well as exhibiting other general distasteful habits. I was in shock the first time she'd done it n I remember walking away from the cashier feeling embarrassed, sick to my stomach n wanting to high tail it home. After a while it became clear that this individual was not about to change anytime soon. Im not this person's parentals she is a grown fkng adult. Absolutely vile behaviour. You are who you surround yourself with. And unless you're partial to that sort of company this quote rings absolute truth: A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter is not a nice person. You aint got time for manners I aint got time for you.

As for my personal list:

If I'm standing around waiting for a friend I want to be left alone.
    Poor table manners. Please and Thank you go a long way. Common courtesy aint common enough.
    RSVP at the allotted time ppl I have to organise sh*t.
    Yawning, coughing, sneezing without covering your mouth. Feral.
    Using foul language when children are present.
    Using your mobile phone while in the company of myself n/or others. Well now I'll just call myself a cab while your at it.
    Catcalling n harrassing me even when I asked to be left the fk alone.

List goes on.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I'm old fashioned. I think if you and another person are walking into a door at the same time it is only right that you hold the door open for them so they can get through. It isn't a race, if you wait in a store line another 20 seconds it won't hurt you really. When I see young men won't hold a door open for a woman it drives me mad. It's not difficult to be a gentleman.

Also people rude to servers. I have some good friends who do that for a living and they tell horrible stories about how people treat them.

also say please and thank you to people. If you don't want something say no thank you. It isn't very tough.

Blog Entries

I feel you on the being rude to service workers thing. You can learn a lot about somebody based on how they treat the guy who serves them their food.

I was in South Africa recently and having dinner with a group of these modern judgy feminist types, who spent most of the evening moaning about how tough their lives were (even though they were all in at least their 6th year at university fully paid for by their rich fathers). When it came to ordering, one of them started asking stupid questions about the salad (because she was vegan, hadn't you heard?), what specific vegetables were in it, what type of oil was on it etc when the waitress made a completely friendly quip about writing down the recipe or something. This lass looked as if she had just been slapped in the face. She threatened to 'go hungry', started slagging off her 'serving technique', and made a point of not tipping her. All the while, her friends sat there nodding disapprovingly. It didn't help that the waitress was black and these were a bunch of white saffers (though a few were from Botswana).

There were a few annoying occurrences over that dinner but that was the one that left steam coming out of my ears.

there was a picture here