Thread: The Truth is still out there...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default The Truth is still out there...

So, anyone watch the new season/miniseries of X-Files yet? Thoughts? If not the new series, what about the series in general?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I didn't know when it came on and missed the first episode.

I liked X Files back in the day when I actually watched it. I was a kid that scared easy so I didn't watch a whole lot of it, and vaguely remember anything about it. I do have some X Files toys laying around somewhere in this house. Probably buried in the basement somewhere.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Not too fussed about the new miniseries as The X-Files was rather off the boil in its final few seasons anyway (not to mention the second film). But I may watch the third episode as it's written by Darin Morgan, who wrote some of the best episodes of the original series - Jose Chung's From Outer Space, Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose and War of the Coprophages.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Love X Files! Agent Skully and Mulder, such a great team. Escobert and I watched the first new episode. I think we need to keep watching more to actually get a good judgement about it. But! I would say that with the original two main cast members ( Gilliam Anderson and David Duchovny) they'll both rock this new X Files series. I was just thankful they did not have new actors to play their role, othewise I wouldn't even have watched or be interested in.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I'm pretty excited for the new series, but I'll have to wait for it to come to Netflix.

This and the new Star Trek. Yaaaaay!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    I didn't know when it came on and missed the first episode.

I liked X Files back in the day when I actually watched it. I was a kid that scared easy so I didn't watch a whole lot of it, and vaguely remember anything about it. I do have some X Files toys laying around somewhere in this house. Probably buried in the basement somewhere.
    Its the first episode soon on UK shores (feel the burn baby, feel the burn!) I'm gonna give it a try to see if its improved from the crap they churned out in season 9 and that pointless film set after it.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post

Its the first episode soon on UK shores (feel the burn baby, feel the burn!) I'm gonna give it a try to see if its improved from the crap they churned out in season 9 and that pointless film set after it.
    The first episode was kind of meh, but episode 2 was an improvement and tomorrow's Episode 3 is written by one of the series best writers.

I got tired of The X-Files rather swiftly. Having a skeptic/believer team only works if there is balance in how things turn out. But there isn't. Skully is ALWAYS wrong in her skepticism, to the point that she just seems like an idiot for not assuming that freaky supernatural stuff is going on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    I got tired of The X-Files rather swiftly. Having a skeptic/believer team only works if there is balance in how things turn out. But there isn't. Skully is ALWAYS wrong in her skepticism, to the point that she just seems like an idiot for not assuming that freaky supernatural stuff is going on.
    I would say that she is sometimes right. For example, there are episodes based on religion where she believes in what's happening (being from a Catholic background) and Mulder is skeptical in those episodes. She even challenges him on it.

Also, she is the perfect foil for Mulder, and sometimes stopped him from being too hasty with his actions.