Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pokemon Black 2 Nuzlocke

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

I dont even.... so apparently psychotic is dead now too. Shauna, that means you remain the final hope.

I Honestly think im now the worst pokemon player ever Dont know how long this LP will last..
    i aint gonna even put pics here. i lost already. sorry to waste everyones time...

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    I dont even.... so apparently psychotic is dead now too. Shauna, that means you remain the final hope.

I Honestly think im now the worst pokemon player ever Dont know how long this LP will last..
    i aint gonna even put pics here. i lost already. sorry to waste everyones time...
    Don't beat yourself up too much.

Nuzlockes are FAR harder than they appear at first glance. Especially if you get unlucky and lose your starter early.

There are a couple of reasons for this. First, most players naturally grind during a normal Pokemon game. Every time you go back into the grass to try to capture another Pokemon you haven't caught before, that's grinding experience. When you just grab the first one you catch, you lose that extra experience from all the rebattles, which leaves you lower level, with fewer EVs, and generally less prepared.

The starters also tend to be a bit overpowered. They have excellent stat distribution, and tend to have more powerful moves earlier, than a lot of other Pokemon, because they're designed to help ease you into the game and be a Pokemon that newer players can cling to.

I think your mistake was in progressing too quickly. Watch the levels of the Pokemon around you, especially on trainers, and make sure you're staying on par. Don't be afraid to use items, they can help out a lot (though don't rely on them too much, or an unlucky crit will finish things swiftly). And don't give up.

I think a lot of players either fail their first Nuzlocke, or crash hard and lose a lot of Pokemon to unexpected scenarios. Just try again. We'll still be here.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

Don't beat yourself up too much.

Nuzlockes are FAR harder than they appear at first glance. Especially if you get unlucky and lose your starter early.

There are a couple of reasons for this. First, most players naturally grind during a normal Pokemon game. Every time you go back into the grass to try to capture another Pokemon you haven't caught before, that's grinding experience. When you just grab the first one you catch, you lose that extra experience from all the rebattles, which leaves you lower level, with fewer EVs, and generally less prepared.

The starters also tend to be a bit overpowered. They have excellent stat distribution, and tend to have more powerful moves earlier, than a lot of other Pokemon, because they're designed to help ease you into the game and be a Pokemon that newer players can cling to.

I think your mistake was in progressing too quickly. Watch the levels of the Pokemon around you, especially on trainers, and make sure you're staying on par. Don't be afraid to use items, they can help out a lot (though don't rely on them too much, or an unlucky crit will finish things swiftly). And don't give up.

I think a lot of players either fail their first Nuzlocke, or crash hard and lose a lot of Pokemon to unexpected scenarios. Just try again. We'll still be here.
    Thank you SkyBlade im unsure if i should restart Black 2 or move to a different game. ( Games currently available: Emerald, Blue rescue team (though id prefer a video version for that) Soul Silver and both Blacks) i should finish this sometime regardless

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Well upon trying to get back to the same point, i died again. sigh i guess i aint cut out for this. im glad a few people took interest but sadly i dont think im good enough to ever even get as far as i did again. sorry

Well upon trying to get back to the same point, i died again. sigh i guess i aint cut out for this. im glad a few people took interest but sadly i dont think im good enough to ever even get as far as i did again. sorry
    You mentioned doing a video run of one of your games. If you can capture video, you can probably stream. So, how about streaming sometime and getting some advice as you go from chat? If I had time off, I'd be willing too talk you through the beginning (which is the hardest part).

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    You mentioned doing a video run of one of your games. If you can capture video, you can probably stream. So, how about streaming sometime and getting some advice as you go from chat? If I had time off, I'd be willing too talk you through the beginning (which is the hardest part).

Sadly im playing on a DS lite, have no pc (hence why i have to write via xbox and put pics via phone) i love the idea though... i wish i could do it, but tbf my Oshawott got killed because for 1 turn only the lillipup outsped him . after that someone else died so just gave up.

ill give it another bash i guess but idk... i think my luck of pokes has gone ( Well it went when i got my tournament eggs )

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Well my Rubbishness hasnt improved. Midgar mist and Night Fury died against Cheren... that lillipup is worse than whitneys Miltank oh well. ill continue on but i dont have much hope. this is my 3rd try at this.
    omg i give up. how can one beat this thing when A LVL 8 PATRAT BEATS A LVL 13 OSHAWOTT AND LVL 11 PATRAT?!?! i dont understand
    Last edited by Galuf; 02-01-2016 at 12:06 PM.