Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I know I'm a day late and a dollar short but what do you think of...

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fat Bioware Nerd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    Ant-Man has heart because it was about fathers and daughters, The first two Avengers movies were just typical comic book superhero movie fare.
    They're about friendship aren't they? Much like Captain Planet. Are you saying that Captain Planet has no heart?

Oh, great. Now, you're bringing in the stupid the Captain Planet metaphor into it. For christ's sake.
    Come on now, no need to get snippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    Ant-Man was ok. Kingsman was excellent. I'm pretty sick of comic book films but it was very refreshing to see one outside of the Marvel and DC Universe.
    I noticed that there is a bit of a comic book movie fatigue out there but what people don't realize is, they have the power to stay home and either wait the comic book movie to come out on DVD/Blu-ray or they could simply skip that comic book movie all together. With me? I skipped Fan4stic. And I'm still debating whether I should buy a physical copy of Fan4stic or if I should download and watch the movie digitally.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Ant-Man has heart because it was about fathers and daughters, The first two Avengers movies were just typical comic book superhero movie fare.
    They're about friendship aren't they? Much like Captain Planet. Are you saying that Captain Planet has no heart?

Oh, great. Now, you're bringing in the stupid the Captain Planet metaphor into it. For christ's sake.
    Come on now, no need to get snippy.
    I have to take the blame for that, I know first hand how Captain Planet brings it out in people. Me and my big mouth.

I have to take the blame for that, I know first hand how Captain Planet brings it out in people. Me and my big mouth.
    Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. I guess it was the fact that I got into a shouting war with my younger brother while I wrote that. We say some pretty nasty things to each other a lot. And we're at each other's throats pretty much all the time. I guess I took some of my anger out on you. Wrongfully so. Sorry.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    It's decent, I liked Michael Pena's character and the Cure gag made me laugh a lot. But the villain (like all MCU villains that aren't Loki or Ultron) is utterly forgettable. I've seen a lot of people say they preferred this to Age of Ultron and with the greatest of respect, I think those people are nuts.

And I think anyone who honestly prefer Age of Ultron and/or the original Avengers is just a raging Joss Whedon fanboy/girl. Because those movies have no heart and in Confused Matthew's words are just Mountain Dew infused with more Mountain Dew and served with Mountain Dew.
    Now there's a name I have not heard in some time...

I did a review on it last year.

Usually when someone dumps on Age of Ultron I feel the need to release a deadly toxin into the air, but Bioware shall be spared since he was actually consistent with his Avengers hate, as many of the complaints I see aimed at Age of Ultron can be said about the first movie which they turn around and praise to the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    It's decent, I liked Michael Pena's character and the Cure gag made me laugh a lot. But the villain (like all MCU villains that aren't Loki or Ultron) is utterly forgettable. I've seen a lot of people say they preferred this to Age of Ultron and with the greatest of respect, I think those people are nuts.

And I think anyone who honestly prefer Age of Ultron and/or the original Avengers is just a raging Joss Whedon fanboy/girl. Because those movies have no heart and in Confused Matthew's words are just Mountain Dew infused with more Mountain Dew and served with Mountain Dew.

Usually when someone dumps on Age of Ultron I feel the need to release a deadly toxin into the air, but Bioware shall be spared since he was actually consistent with his Avengers hate, as many of the complaints I see aimed at Age of Ultron can be said about the first movie which they turn around and praise to the moon.

Ayen, are you familiar with a YouTuber by the name of NecroVMX? He reviewed The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron.

I see what you did there.

(SPOILER)

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. I guess it was the fact that I got into a shouting war with my younger brother while I wrote that. We say some pretty nasty things to each other a lot. And we're at each other's throats pretty much all the time. I guess I took some of my anger out on you. Wrongfully so. Sorry.
    I'd like to take a minute to stop and look at this exchange. Chances are Pheesh wasn't even too concerned because he's pretty level headed.

However, once the person saw how their words may have come across as pretty aggressive (interpreting intended tone in written word is difficult), they apologized.

I probably sound cheesy or whatever, but it's good to see that. People all over the internet seem so hostile and quick to turn bull-headed right now. I'm glad this didn't turn into that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post

Ayen, are you familiar with a YouTuber by the name of NecroVMX? He reviewed The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron.
    No, never heard of him. Only critics I really pay attention to anymore is the Nostalgia Critic and the Angry Video Game Nerd.

And Ayen's Reviews. I heard they're doing some pretty great things down there.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It was good. Funnier than your typical Marvel film. I thought Paul Rudd carried it and he was very likable. Kate from Lost sucked though.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum