Thread: Road Rash 3D

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Road Rash 3D

This was the subject of my last games review, so I figured it warranted its own thread.

This was my introduction to the Road Rash franchise, and one of my favorite games to play as a kid. I was bad at it then, and I'm bad at it now, but it's still a lot of fun in how crazy, and over the top it is. Especially in the FMVs. One of my favorite (though I wasn't able to grab it for the review) was when they put training wheels on your motorcycle for coming in last or close to last.

To my surprise the game was criticized pretty harshly at the time for not being as good as the games that came before it, and putting more focus on the racing instead of the combat. I liked the racing aspect, so this didn't bother me all that much. Still my favorite in the series even if I spend more time crashing than anything else.

Discuss.

Blog Entries

"I BELIEVE I CAN FLY, I BELIEVE I CAN TOUCH THE SKY, I THINK ABOUT IT EVERY NIGHT AND DAY, SPREAD MY WINGS AND FLYYYYY AWAYYYY" :-D

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, when you hit a car your biker pretty much flies through the air before having an unruly confrontation with the street. Some times you can cause other bikers to crash (like that one gif I showed in another thread) and get run over while you're still on the ground. At one point I thought I was never going to get up because bikers kept running me over every time my guy started to rise to his feet.

I often liked to use the starter bikes from the race and sports class, but the further you get into the game you need to upgrade because they're too slow to take on some of the better bikes that come in later. Second set of tracks you race on were hectic.