Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default FFVII Anniversary!

Today we celebrated the anniversary of the release of Final Fantasy VII, way back in 1997. I was almost five years old! I played it a few years later right after FFIX, VIII, and X. While we got off to a rocky start, we have since reconciled and FFVII even found its way on to my top games list.

Final Fantasy VII has a lot of positive things going for it. From its quirky sense of humour to the large cast of characters. The ability to customize your party with materia and a great big world to explore. A memorable story and cast. Not to mention being the first 3D Final Fantasy and introducing a lot of fans to the series.

So let us celebrate the anniversary of this classic game while we look forward to the remake. What are some of your best FFVII memories? When did you first play it? What's your favourite thing about the game?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Och aye i remember when this game came oot.. wait.. Ofcourse i dont i wasnt even born yet but ah well.

i remember watching my sis play this when i was a youngling. i also remember having nightmares of Ying Yang. I didnt play it until like 11 years later though. it was fun

As celebration I've bought this (again for the millionth time) for PS4 and have been playing through it with my girlfriend. She seems to love it, and so do I! We're definitely looking forward to the remake.

My favourite part is the entire first Midgar chapter, and anything that involves the Turks.

Articles
    Blog Entries

My brother rented the game from Blockbuster (remember Blockbuster?) and I watched him play past the first Reactor sequence before playing it myself. I got as far as the construction yard before getting lost. Years later I'd get the game at a pawn shop and play it all the way to the end. Being the first FF/JRPG I beat as well as played. I still have my hard copy to this day, and the save file where I'm near the end ready to take on Sephiroth.

I would've been seven when it first came out.

Happy Birthday ! You cute spiky Lego graphics ! No matter what people say, your cute Lego graphics will always be adorable and may not age like fine red wine, though will age with goofy heart and charm.

I mean just look at Cloud's shoes !? They just look like adorable large slippers that you wear when you wake up in the early morning !

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I think I got the Greatest Hits edition of this some time before VIII came out. I was in HS @ the time. Thanks for making me feel old, Pumpkin.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Happy Birthday ! You cute spiky Lego graphics ! No matter what people say, your cute Lego graphics will always be adorable and may not age like fine red wine, though will age with goofy heart and charm.

I mean just look at Cloud's shoes !? They just look like adorable large slippers that you wear when you wake up in the early morning !
    I think I have those shoes.

Blog Entries

Cute spiky lego graphics for all! Yay!
    I first picked up this game on mail order in 1999. couldn't play it for toffee at first. in my defence it was my first RPG ever and I was only 15, a girlpants 15 at that lol

Articles
    Blog Entries

"That is Cloud! He was just going through a punk emo phase and dyed his hair black."

Zack scared me so much the first time I saw him. Who's this strange mysterious man who looks like Cloud ? It's fascinating with the newer FF generation growing up with Zack and being introduced to this handsome and kind character. Back in the day, first meeting Zack was like nightmare fuel; Cloud breaking down, Tifa unable to speak up, Sephiroth laughing, and our own thoughts/ emotions being smurfed with.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got it for Christmas in 1997. It was my first ever proper RPG and I fell in love with it during the raid on the reactor. Obviously, Guard Scorpion handed my arse to me due to the whole "ATTACK WHILE ITS TAILS UP" palaver. I bested him on my second attempt, escaped the reactor and then chilled at the hideout and had drinks. It was like nothing I've ever experienced, especially coming off the back of games like Mario 64 and Crash Bandicoot.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never fell for the tail thing. I attacked once when the tail was up and got hit hard so I thought the game was trying to trick me and then I avoided attacking when it had its tail up

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I had no idea what I was doing as it was my first RPG. I hadn't even realised I could use potions at this stage! I attacked twice when it's tail was up because

Pic 2.jpg

I know it follows this up with "It's gonna counter with its lazer" but they could have worded it better and put it on the same screen!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I'm not blaming you, just talking xD. I think my naturally pessimistic outlook on life (especially when I was younger) helped me out there. Thinking the game was trying to trick me, stupid game

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Yeah I'm not blaming you, just talking xD. I think my naturally pessimistic outlook on life (especially when I was younger) helped me out there. Thinking the game was trying to trick me, stupid game
    Haha, I know you weren't, no worries! I think I'm just bitter that game tried to confuse me at such an early stage! Whenever I meet this guy on subsequent playthroughs I know he got the better of me first time round