Thread: Are people going to embrace a Flash Movie even though there's a CW Flash TV Show?

Default Are people going to embrace a Flash Movie even though there's a CW Flash TV Show?

Do you think the popularity of Grant Gustin's Flash is going to somehow affect the Ezra Miller Flash on the Silver Screen?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Possibly. The Flash show is pretty popular (probably the best DC show they put out) and comparisons will happen.

I get the feeling the reason we haven't seen Superman on Supergirl yet is because they're afraid they'll write a better version of Superman than what Man of Steel has. I already see people praising the show for getting the character right despite him only talking through text messages.

You know, there's rumors that Supergirl is going to crossover with The Flash...And how cool would that be? I wanna see Barry Allen and Kara Danvers team-up to stop a villain.

Articles
    Blog Entries

That'd be pretty awesome, actually. I think the new CBS head or whatever is more accepting of the idea than the last one. But as far as I know the plan is still to have Supergirl fly on her own for one season before crossing over with other superheroes. A crossover with Flash would probably work the best as the tone of both shows are pretty light. They might reveal her as being a part of Earth 2 or something.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, the CW Flash is pretty good. Grant Gustin is pretty charismatic. It will be hard for another Flash lead to carry a movie without being overshadowed.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

That's what Captain Logan said. They could just reveal her as being a part of the Multi-Verse. Hell, that's how you could fit Fox's Gotham in there, if it's a part of one of the 52 Earths in the Multi-Verse.

Articles
    Blog Entries

In theory yes, though I'm not sure how likely it is that the CW and Fox would work together on a crossover. Supergirl is more doable because it's made by the same people as Flash and Arrow, and CBS owns half of the CW anyway.

They were able to throw Constantine in there because his show was already cancelled and by that point NBC didn't give two trouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    In theory yes, though I'm not sure how likely it is that the CW and Fox would work together on a crossover. Supergirl is more doable because it's made by the same people as Flash and Arrow, and CBS owns half of the CW anyway.

They were able to throw Constantine in there because his show was already cancelled and by that point NBC didn't give two trouts.

Stranger things have happened. Sony and Marvel are sharing Spider-Man. And Marvel Studios green lit a couple of X-Men Universe-Based TV Shows. We just need to wait for Fox to come to their senses and share the Fantastic Four Universe with Marvel Studios.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I will embrace it. Two different DC universes. I can deal with that.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Quote Originally Posted by Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World View Post
    I will embrace it. Two different DC universes. I can deal with that.

I'm glad you're so open-minded about that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fat Bioware Nerd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post

Stranger things have happened. Sony and Marvel are sharing Spider-Man. And Marvel Studios green lit a couple of X-Men Universe-Based TV Shows. We just need to wait for Fox to come to their senses and share the Fantastic Four Universe with Marvel Studios.
    Rumors are flying around that Fox got that green light by trading them the rights to Fantastic Four, but I don't think anything has been confirmed. I hope so, though. Marvel already showed they can do the group superhero movie very well, so FF would be perfect for them to do.