Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So coffee?

I might be the odd man out here, but I love both coffee, and tea. Coffee every morning and tea every night before bed.

Those who dislike coffee probably just haven't had "good" coffee and vice versa. In my wife's country of origin they are "spoiled" by some of the best coffee beans around and become avid coffee drinkers at a very young age. She's a bit of a connoisseur. We usually have fresh coffee from her home, bring it back on trips (haven't been there in a few years, babies), and family brings it with them when they come to visit. We also love WF's fresh beans. Whole Foods has a great variety of beans that you can grind on the spot (the aroma ).

Coffee supplies our caffeine fix, so my wife and I have a tea late to relax. We also drink tea for ailments (eg; immune boosters like Echinacea). I recently discovered Bigelow's Camomile. It's scent is identical to the one my mother would make us. When camping, not only did we drink it before bed, but she would apply it to our skin (my siblings and I), supposed to ward off mosquitos. Anyhow, very nostalgic.

So, yay coffee/tea.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lately I've been having Earl Grey black tea more than coffee, but I do like a bit 'o joe. I only tend to like coffee the way I make it though with Agave which will likely give me dieebeetus.

I used to HATE coffee. All of it. The taste was like licking a stale piece of bread that was pulled out of a homeless person's jock strap.

HOWEVER, I started working 3rd shift for a couple months and knew the energy drinks piling up night after night, week after week probably wasn't the healthiest decision. So I made the switch, brewed a pot for myself, and about 7 cups later got over my fear and disgust and now LOVE it. I've been trying all kinds just to diversify myself a bit. I don't NEED it, but when I need to stay awake, I'll drink it now.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Vas her is dead right! If you have some good beans it is a delightful drink. I don't suggest trying Maxwelhouse or Foldgers. They are both rather trouty. However there is great coffee out there that most casual drinkers will never try because of drinking the latter I mentioned.

As for tea I like enjoy a earl grey or I will drink sleepy time tea at night.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Today I made myself a cup o' joe only to be severely disappointed by the quality. Despite using it last night, the coffee now is terrible because the filter needs replacing.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

I was never really in to coffee. The occasional Timmy's double double...

Then I moved to Australia and realised that Norh America has been doing coffee wrong. So so very wrong.

Now I coffee every day.
    Latte, extra shot.

Boldly go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    I was never really in to coffee. The occasional Timmy's double double...

Then I moved to Australia and realised that Norh America has been doing coffee wrong. So so very wrong.

Now I coffee every day.
    Latte, extra shot.
    I guess it doesn't help that Timmy's tastes like roasted dogtrout.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Real disappointed with the lack of black coffee fans.

I guess some cream does help if you have digestive issues, but otherwise there's no need to fluff it up. Otherwise it just doesn't taste like coffee anymore!

I drink 2-3 cups a day, like a good programmer.

edit: We buy cheap beans and freeze them, then grind them fresh for each pot. It seems to help preserve the aromatics but it might be psychological. I just use a drip machine though I have friends who swear by their french presses. I don't buy Starbucks or anything much but I do like hitting up coffee shops every now and again. It's just an expensive habit to have when it's relatively cheap and easy to just make your own.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I agree with Showberto here. At a how I have made my coffee for years.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hell yes, black coffee. In Guiyang, there's a coffee shop called Highlands Coffee. It's run by an American guy called Chris who immigrated to China years ago. It is here that I realised how wrong I've been doing coffee.

Had my first black coffee there, and discovered how many flavours there were in it. It's not just a bitter caffeine dump, it's a maelstrom of euphoria. <3 u coffee

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I got some new flavors for my kuerig this week: Nutty caramel and Coconut Mocha. They're amazing and i've been drinking coffee after work just cause of how yummy they are.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

It's my last day in Denver, and I just discovered this beautiful coffee bar. I had a latte, and then I bought a bag of coffee beans as a souvenir, which came with an espresso/sparkling water duo. This place is gorgeous, there's a fireplace outside and the decor is just lovely. I'm tempted to recreate this ritual at home!

As a side note, I was a real grouch and thought this place was full of hipsters when I walked in. Now that I've had three shots of coffee, everyone is my friend and the world is a beautiful place.

I love coffee. I always have it black. ALWAYS. Unless I am at Tim Hortons, then I get a double double.

I have a cup everyday at work. That's enough to keep me going.

I have a french press and coffee grinder at home and I'm a borderline coffee snob. Love the smell of freshly ground beans Also, dark roast is for those who think they love coffee but actually hate it. YOU ARE RUINING THE COFFEE WHY DO YOU ROAST IT THAT MUCH

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I have decided that I hate tea. It tastes like dirt water to me.
    Remind me in a few weeks to introduce you to sencha and genmaicha. They are my favorite teas and don't taste like dirt.

Having a cup of coffee can help people feel more relaxed and ready to be productive. In winters, having a hot cup of coffee is like a remedy to warm the soul. I especially use to have a cup of coffee because it makes me feel fresh, less tired, relaxed, and boost productivity and brain function including mood, memory, and general mental health.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ive never had coffee and never will.
    nothing about it apeal to me.
    what i also hate is how glorified coffee is. when my parents come over they Must have coffee but obviously i dont have any (drink something else for once, ffs)