Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon BLACK Nuzlocke.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

It looks great to me Galuf. Pics are a pain on this site, don't worry much about that. I'm only able to do pics because I'm using ZNES to play it.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    It looks great to me Galuf. Pics are a pain on this site, don't worry much about that. I'm only able to do pics because I'm using ZNES to play it.
    thanks, im still wondering. does this still count as a lp ?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Of course it does. It is following your progress through the game and you are sharing with the community. That's a LP in my opinion.

Yep, it certainly counts as a Let's Play in my book as well.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Awesome well ill be glad to continue, thank you all

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

After beating Skyla we leave the gym, however as soon as we exit, N appears and tells me about the legendary Pokemon.
    After this, i send Fynn into another time. 2 years in the future to be exact. Infact when he returned he was transformed into a tougher being known as Conkeldurr.

(twist mountain theme)

We head onto Twist mountain, but Cheren stops us to fight. Ofcourse we win after a tough fight. Clay appears saying that he discussed team plasma with the other leaders. He allows us to pass, luckily we train alot while passing through this mountain. We reach the end and we find Team Plasma preparing to scale the Tower inside the next city, Iccarus city. Dragonspiral tower, as its called, is an ancient tower that is said to have been the birthplace of the legendary pokemon, however no human has entered it.

Before we can get in, we must defeat Brycen the ice leader. luckily we got Escobert the Boldore in Twist mountain. Mirage the Palpitoad in Icarrus City. Crop the Mienfoo outside Dragonspiral Tower. and Loony BoB the Shelmet on the next route.
    However Zanmato died during an assualt on the gym, we have brung Crop in to replace him.

It is now we must beat the Gym. After fighting through a somewhat tough string of battles we reach Brycen. With Fynn all heated up in this frozen fiasco, we start the fight. We smash the ice cream down, using it to set up my defense and attack capabilities. Then, a Polar bear. He confuses me which could be bad, however it only lasts for 1 turn, allowing a quick defeat of the bear. Now finally, he unleashes the giant snowflake of DOOM!. Sadly for Brycen, my overdrived Fynn wiped his team, and he hands me the Badge.

Upon leaving the gym, Cheren and Bianca have a chat with me. But Brycen emerges asking them who they are, but before they can answer he states he knows we are here and to show ourselves. Could he be talking about..... Ofcourse, the Shadow Triad of team Plasma is here. They come with a message from Ghetsis. "MEET ME ATOP DRAGONSPIRAL TOWER, IT IS THERE YOU WILL WITNESS THE TRUTH!! "
    Last edited by Galuf; 02-11-2016 at 10:33 PM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

We rush to the tower as fast as we can! N will summon Zekrom if were too late!
    We enter the tower, but as we ascend we can hear Crashes and roars. On the ascent we pick up Laddy the Golett. Cheren and Brycen hold back some Goons so we can ascend. after fighting much goons, we reach the penultimate floor and are forced to fight 4 goons. after dispatching them we reach the spire. However...... we see N and..... Zekrom! N has already summoned this beast! He tells us that he will defeat the Champion, Alder, and show his power to force everyone to release their Pokemon. He also tells me that we must find the stone of the partner, Reshiram, and then Flies away.

We exit the tower and meet a concerned Alder. He tells us a place where the stone might be... Relic Castle, Pheesh's house! So Alder, Cheren and i head there. However none of my pokemon can Fly, so... I Ride through twist Mountain, pass by Mistralton City, go through Chargestone Cave, ride to Driftveil, pick up Pike the Frillish inside Driftveil using surf, Head through Nimbasa, And finally reach the castle.
    When we arrive, Team Plasma is already here. We fight through them all and Descend into the bottom. Ghetsis and Alder are here talking. Ghetsis just tells us the stone is not here and that a castle has been built for him. we leave. Upon leaving, Profesor Juniper calls me. In a distressed manner she tells me to head to Nacrene city museum. ofcourse without Fly ill just have to cycle back.

We arrive at the museum, Alder, Cedric, Juniper and Bianca are here too. It turns out that a stone in the museum happens to be the stone to summon Reshiram! we are told to head to Opelucid city and face the leader.... the Feared Dragon user, Drayden (Iris in Pokemon White) and get info from him. Next time on this LP.

i just wanted to wrap up this story part for now.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quckly, we rush back to Iccirus city and head out across the Tubeline Bridge. At the end Ghetsis awaits, all he does is taunt us. Entering Opelucid City we see Ghetsis and team plasma performing a similair speech they did way back when we first saw them. We meet up with Drayden and Iris, Alder decides to return to the League but tells me to beat Drayden and head to the league too. because rules like that need to be in place for the one WHO NEEDS TO SAVE THE WORLD! Anyway, Drayden tells us that Reshiram and Zekrom were once one being or something. (the husk of the old pokemon can be fought Post Game, Kyurem is the name). Now we must enter Draydens Gym. but first we grind. Sadly Crop died. but we bring Mirage in to replace him. now the grind is on because Dragon pokemon dont take no trout. Also, i aquired, LN the Bouffalant, Pluffy the Vullaby (Pluffy is my name for Plef) and Vermaktnis the Gothorita. oh and Bri the Ducklett that i forgot to get on Driftveil Drawbridge.

(Black version)

(White version)

Ok, we enter the gym with Fynn leading ( See you are a Knight. Sir Fynn) we wipe the trainers out with some challenge. However Draydens force may be tough. if i cant Bulk up enough early... the Draydens commander, Haxorus, will destroy me. lets see how it goes. also Mirage evolved into Seismitoad.
    Drayden sends out his Major, Fraxure. he will try to outspeed and out attack me. however unless he Crits me, my defense shall rise with my attack. Allowing a safe win. With 3 bulk ups and a hammer arm, i flatten Major Fraxure. Now he sends out Colonel Druddigon ( first time i played Black, i traded my Reshiram for a Druddigon simply for its name ) He shouldnt do anything. Ill get one more Bulk up here. Ofcourse i destroy him. but now... here comes General Haxorus! if my bulk ups worked i should be fine. if not then......
    Thanks to bulk up i kill it easily... though im left with confusion as.. i used Hammer arm, which slows me every time, however i outsped Haxorus which is one of the fastest Ubers in the game?? whatever... we won. Next time we will Scale Victory road and beat the league. goodbye

Poll: Black or White Opelucid city music?

i prefer Black just a bit more. but i do get Gen 4 vibes from white version.
    Last edited by Galuf; 02-13-2016 at 11:06 PM.

You didn't necessarily outspeed Haxorus. Drayden's signature move is Dragon Tail. It hits you, then swaps you out for another Pokemon. Like all swapping moves (Roar, Circle Throw, etcetera), it has reduced Priority. No matter how slow you get, you'll always outspeed a reduced priority move. So, he sent in his ace, and went for a move that slows him down, and got one-shotted, by the sounds of it.

Also, Pluffy is best name.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

ohhhh ok. yeah i see. stupid Drayden. thanks.

next part may take awhile as i need to grind a bit

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Glad you're cracking on with this, Galuf. Gonna catch up when I get to work tomorrow

Interestingly enough, he could have ruined your entire strategy with his Fraxure. All of his Pokemon know Dragon Tail. So, if he had Dragon Tailed you with his Fraxure, you'd have been thrown out and lost the Bulk Up boosts before you had the chance to reach a dangerous level.

But, alas, he didn't think of that.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

When we leave the gym, Juniper arrives to give us words.... and a Master Ball! Hopefully i wont need it. We set out to the Victory Road but First Cheren and Bianca stop me and Cheren "tests" me in another battle that i win. Now we head through the Badge checker gates. this bit is cool because each gate you pass through adds an instrument to the Music playing. Once we get to the proper mountain we LUCKILY get a Dieno, being the highest ranking pokemon ill get i decide to name her after my Best Friend, Miss Jenomighty! our final team will be:
    Fynn, Conkelldur
    Mirage, Seismitoad
    Bri, Swanna
    Miss Jen, Deino
    FFNut, Chandelure
    Starlet, Stoutland

Fighting our way through we eventually reach the League...

As prepared as i am, i decide to enter. im faced with 4 choices...
    Dark
    Ghost
    Psychic
    Fighting

Since Fynn is my toughest unit i choose Dark first.
    This is truly a nervous experience.
    We face against Grimsley Master of Darkness.
    i set up 2 bulk ups before Slapping dead a Scrafty and Liepard
    he sends out a Bisharp, this pokemon is cool but strong enough? no...
    finally he sends out a Krookodile. i face a choice. stay as Fynn for assured victory, or switch to Starlet and try to surf him dead...
    being the idiot i am i send out Starlet, who. will. win??
    a close battle. but Starlet wins!!

ok... now.
    i choose Psychic. Jen is my lead here. but starlet and FFnut are back ups for this little deino.
    it is here we face Caitlin ( whom i think was a battle frontier trainer in Diamond Pearl and Platinum though i could be wrong.)
    First, a Reuniclus (odd name) i go for a crunch. sadly it didnt kill. but Reuniclus has a fighting move which i barely survive. quickly i switch to Starlet
    anyway, its Starlets time. and she destroys the beast.
    next, a Sigilyph. i win barely.
    next a Gothitelle. i use a work up and manage to get a critical hit on the monster
    Finally a Musharna. i just crunch and it dies

Next. Ghost. its jens time. again. but starlet and FFnut have back up.
    We start the fight against Shauntal

First, a Cofragigus. i bring its health low, however he burns me. use a burn heal i do , while she fully restores. but next round i win.
    Next a Golurk. i take no chance and switch to starlet here.
    With a lucky Crit. Golurk falls.
    Next a Chandelure? is this woman stealing my pokemon?
    both of us severley injure each other. After 1 more round of hitting, im left with 2 HP!!
    next up. Jellicent.
    firstly i use a full restore.
    second i use crunch. it didnt win and now its disabled. this might be tough.
    i use a few work ups. but then crunch undisables again.
    swift win.

The final member, Marshal, awaits us. i use Bri to gain an advantage.

First. a Throh. just 2 ariel slashes and he falls.
    second a Sawk. i use brave bird and he remains with 1 hp thanks to sturdy. this might be tough. before a stone edge hits me i use fly. again, 1 hp. i use the same attack. but he is left with 1 hp again. finally Bri falls... but now its Fynns time. end him.
    next... uh oh. Fynn Vs Fynn!! oddly, his fynn is faster. but with him using hammer arm it didnt last long. hammer to the face and he dies.
    Finally its Mienshao. Go FFnut. this is risky because of rock slide. and after 1 hit i survive. but FFnut wont win, so go Mirage! after a few blows to each of us. they finally get a Crit killing Mirage. switching to Fynn. i finally Wynn.
    and Deino, thanks to exp share, evolves into Zweilous.

now i must enter the champions lair. We must face Alder. or do we? lets see.
    upon arriving, we see that N has already beaten Alder. Alder begs N not to order everyone to release their pokemon. but obviously he doesnt. N spots us.
    He then causes the Castle of N to rise!!
    He tells us to follow him to decide the fate. with a battle of legends.
    Cheren appears to talk to Alder. they just give us words.
    we enter the castle.

Confronted by 6 of the 7 sages ( Ghetsis obviously is with N) we are outnumbered. but out of nowhere Clay appears. but not just him, all of the leaders! (idk why but i thought this part was epic. its the first time gym leaders get into the main story and help you. ) Holding the sages back, we can freely pass. moving up, the shadow triad appear to tell me i can use a pc and rest my pokemon. and thats where we will end. i need 2 replacements and well next episode will be the Climax

Not too many fights to go...

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

im unsure who i can use to replace. maybe vullaby but idk the 6th