Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: Fightbruary

Articles
    Blog Entries

I have that game and it is an awful lot of fun. The story mode is hard a baaalls though. I was stuck fighting a super-powered Hercule for so long that I started questioning my life choices.

I had a jack of all trades to start with, and then absolutely fell in love with the general melee combat, and other than a kamehameha for distance, I have a super heavy punch, and a multi-kick combo that was so much fun to pummel people with, especially going kaioken x 3 (or x 20 if you're crazy). I'd plug in my external hard drive, load up some hard rock or hard techno and just go to town. The game is way more fun than it has any right to be xD

My girlfriend and I are still seriously considering a re-purchase for PS4..

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

February 29th - Mortal Kombat X

And this concludes Fightbruary. We started with Mortal Kombat and ended with Mortal Kombat. We also ended the PS2 era with Mortal Kombat. It's kind of nice, little bookends with one of the most iconic fighting game series ever. Tomorrow or Wednesday I'll also post up some special stuffs and that end and whatever. Thanks for following along guys and I hope you had fun I did have fun but I'm also glad its over. It was a lot of fighting game.

So MKX is a pretty good fighting game. We had about 22 characters or something, not exact number but something like that. No DLC characters. Each has three fighting styles to choose from. We didn't do all of the fighting styles, just each character, and it took a good while. It was fun and it was about tied. I really like Mileena and Kitana in this one, they have nice hair.

BUT we don't have a second PS4 controller so we had to use my Vita. And while it was neat that it can do that and it was super easy to set up and it was nice to have a little mini screen as well, there's a delay and its just not as good. So sharky used the Vita as a sort of handicap for me, and that ended up with the matches about even. And that's the end of Fightbruary

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This has been great, Pumpkin. Awesome job! Both you and Sharky.

I think I'd have gone mental with that many fighting games in one month though. I'd be out in the streets at 2am fighting lamp posts.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Credits and Closings!

So here's a bit of info for Fightbruary. I wrote down both of our favourite and least favourite games. Also the biggest surprise means a game that was not our favourite but that we ended up liking more than expected, and biggest disappointment is a game we may have still liked, but that we liked less than expected.

Favourite game
    Pumpkin
    : Dead or Alive 5. When you take out the clothes tearing and boob juggle and put them in normal outfits, it's a solid game. It's responsive and fluid, there's a good selection of characters, a lot of female characters, it's a lot of fun, stage traps are not gimmicky but are well done.
    shark
    y: Tekken 3. It's one of the fighting games he has played most and he really enjoys it, even to this day.

Least favourite game
    Pumpkin: Blazblue. The game just bugs me. It's not super fun, the colours are annoying. Not for me.
    sharky: Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. Not a great fighting game.

Biggest Surprise
    Pumpkin: Bloody Roar 3 and NeoGeo Battle Coliseum. I was expecting Bloody Roar to feel a lot more gimmicky but it was super fun. NeoGeo reminded me of KoFXIII which I find too technical, but it surprised me and I quite enjoyed it.
    sharky: Tekken 4 and Soul Calibur III. While he still doesn't like them as much as some of the other entries in the series, they're better than he remembered them to be and gave them credit for.

Biggest Disappointment
    Pumpkin: Guilty Gear X2. I was super excited to try it because of all of the interesting characters, but it wasn't very fun.
    sharky: Dengeki Bunko. Was a good game but not as good as my other 2D anime fighters.

Tally time! Who was the winner? It was obviously sharky but let's go through it

1 - Mortal Kombat (SNES) sharky
    2 - Mortal Kombat II (SNES) sharky
    3 - Battle Arena Toshinden (PS1) Tie
    4 - Tekken 1, 2, and 3 (PS1) sharky
    5 - Soul Calibur II (PS2) Pumpkin
    6 - Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore (PS2) sharky
    7 - Bloody Roar 3 (PS2) sharky
    8 - Tekken 4 (PS2) sharky
    9 - Virtua Fighter 4 (PS2) Pumpkin
    10 - Soul Calibur III (PS2) Pumpkin
    11 - Tekken 5 (PS2) sharky
    12 - NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (PS2) Pumpkin
    13 - Guilty Gear X2 (PS2) Tie
    14 - Tekken Tag Tournament (PS2) sharky
    15 - Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (PS2) sharky
    16 - Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax (PS3) Pumpkin
    17 - Soul Calibur IV (PS3) Pumpkin
    18 - King of Fighters XIII (PS3) Tie
    19 - Tekken 6 (PS3) sharky
    20 - Aquapazza (PS3) Pumpkin
    21 - Mortal Kombat (PS3) Tie
    22 - Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (PS3) sharky
    23 - Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (PS3) Pumpkin
    24 - Arcana Heart 3 Love Max (PS3) Pumpkin
    25 - BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma (PS3) Pumpkin
    26 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3) sharky
    27 - Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3) sharky
    28 - Dragonball Xenoverse (PS3) Pumpkin
    29 - Mortal Kombat X (PS4) Tie

sharky: 13
    Pumpkin: 11
    Tie: 5

So it wasn't the blowout I was expecting but I made a pretty good comeback by the end! Thanks for following and I had a lot of fun

Articles
    Blog Entries

That was pretty close!

That was insane. Well done though. Lots of dedication, and it was interesting seeing some new games, and new perspective on games I already knew

Articles
    Blog Entries

Thanks for doing this! This event got me in the mood to play a few rounds in my favorite fighting game myself, even with strangers over the internet, and fun times were had.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm glad you guys had fun too

I found some new fighting games to play through as well so I'm happy!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Thanks for doing this! This event got me in the mood to play a few rounds in my favorite fighting game myself, even with strangers over the internet, and fun times were had.
    I know! I was playing Tekken 2 on my Vita. Plus I've arranged a Shareplay match of Street Fighter 5 with my friend tomorrow night. I never thought I'd go back to playing fighting games again!