Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fightbruary

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Maybe it's just me, but I actually enjoyed fighting games when there was a much smaller cast. Trying out everyone and working out who is best would take forever.

Give me ten characters. Max.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I recommend Evil Zone. It has no more than ten characters.

Pumpkin's sig make me happy. I don't know why.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I actually enjoyed fighting games when there was a much smaller cast. Trying out everyone and working out who is best would take forever.

I think Persona 4: Arena Ultimax had about 21 characters, which felt about right. There were enough characters that you could get a feel for each of them, but not too many characters that you feel swamped. Some fighting games do put too many people in the roster, though. Super Smash, though I love the games, are groaning under the weight.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like large casts because that way it is much more likely I will find someone I like. If theres too little I often won't find one that really clicks with me. If you like smaller casts, you would be mostly better off sticking to older games. Most series tend to expqnd the casts as time goes on. I'm sure you can find some new ones with smaller casts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen

Pumpkin's sig make me happy. I don't know why.

Uhhh because it's awesome?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So it turns out we don't have a second controller for the Xbox 360, which means Dead or Alive 3 is off the list. The schedule has been rearranged and the day we were doubled up, we no longer are!

Articles
    Blog Entries

How long did you look for it before you realized you didn't have one?

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

About 30 seconds.

It was either going to be with the other 360 stuff at work, or it not. It was not.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

February 15th - Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance

So Fightbruary is half over and this also marks the end of PS2 era fighting games. We ended it in probably the worst possible way, with one of the worst Mortal Kombat games ever. It was by far the worst one we have played this month. Unless you want to play it for the lulz, I would skip it. It was funny at first but eventually I wanted to move on. Also the opening cut scene just never ends. Not literally, but it sure feels like it

Lizerdman's crab stance was probably the best thing about the game. It was extremely clunky and very, very slow to respond. The three fighting styles is a neat idea in concept but poorly executed. The weapon stances are pretty OP for people like us who didn't know how to play properly, which made using the other ones entirely about just seeing what they were. It got easier as we got used to it but it still wasn't very fun aside from laughing at how awful it was.

Sharky won the most rounds by a good bit. I did win a few, much to my surprise. Some rounds were pretty even. I discovered sticking my swords in to him to drain his HP much faster than he did and props to those characters for sticking with the fight despite a SWORD BEING STABBED THROUGH THEM. Also the character designs were pretty awful. Really it was funny is the only good thing I can say. What a sad way to see off the PS2 era. But I guess it can be like a pattern. We started with Mortal Kombat, we reached the middle with Mortal Kombat, and we shall end with Mortal Kombat.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I loved Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance. It was the start of one of my favorite storyarcs in the MK series. The opening segment and WTFness of them (SPOILER)killing Liu Kang before the game even starts was amazing. MK4 has it beat gameplay wise, but Mortal Kombat was one of many series that just didn't translate well to full blown 3D. Its probably the reason they merged 2D and 3D into the latter games.
    Last edited by Ayen; 02-16-2016 at 02:16 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!!!

Confession: I haven't played any incarnation of Mortal Kombat after MK3.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I also remember the opening cutscene being really awesome for Deadly Alliance. Don't remember much about how the game played at all but I'm pretty sure Deception took everything that they tried to do in DA and did it better.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

February 16th - Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax

So this is a recent purchase and I hadn't played it too much as I was waiting for Fightbruary. We were supposed to play DOA: 3 today but we don't have a second Xbox controller so we moved this one to today instead of later in the week. So it was pretty new for both of us although I had played a little bit and figured out a few things.

I won the most matches although it was close to even. Sharky likes to find a move and spam it, which I guess is understandable because I managed to figure out more moves and special moves and things. I did win a fair few rounds though, even in the matches I lost. But, if you were wondering about my fingers, WELL! I smacked the crap out of my hand yesterday by accident and it hurt so bad I almost passed out. It's now bruised and swollen and has been acting up all day. Add that to thumb soreness and I got quite frustrated with the whole thing. I guess a part of me wanted to do better than I did because this was finally a game where I could have an advantage and not totally get owned. But it is what it is~

The game itself was pretty fun. It takes characters from the animez and mangaz and video gamez and puts them against each other in fighting matches. You also get support characters to sometimes help you out and sometimes annoyingly fail at helping you out. There's also this adorable character named Tomoka Minato who is a super star basketball player who can turn the opponent in to a basketball and she is A++. There's a lot of support characters and also a Sonic the hedgehog background. The attacks are also pretty silly and ridiculous. I did enjoy it though and will play properly soon.

Articles
    Blog Entries

That looks like a cute game.

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!!!

Confession: I haven't played any incarnation of Mortal Kombat after MK3.
    After playing MK3 I can't blame you.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sharky, the move spammer? Oh, I hate it when people spam a move over and over! Especially if it is projectile spamming.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Reptile, Pumpkin, not "Lizerdman".