Thread: Supergirl & The Flash TV Crossover is Official.

Default Supergirl & The Flash TV Crossover is Official.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Legitimately excited for this. Supergirl continues to improve each and every week. The two heroes compliment each other pretty well IMO. I know they haven't highlighted Supergirl's speed as much as her other abilities, but I do hope they have a friendly little race at one point.
    Last edited by Ayen; 02-03-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Living the Flash as one does and having given Supergirl a second chance and enjoying it a lot more than I expected I am very much looking forward to this.

Captain Logan brings up an interesting point, I hope they don't fight each other either. We have enough superheroes fighting each other this year, we don't need The Flash and Supergirl to fight too. And I'm hoping that Barry Allen is enough of a gentleman that he wouldn't hit a Super...girl.

By the way, I just found out that the crossover is on Supergirl's show on Monday March 28th.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Tongue

I doubt they'll have them fight each other. Unlike the movies, the TV shows probably have their younger audiences in mind, in particular Supergirl. Don't want to confuse Ayen the kids by having the Flash get mauled by Supergirl.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Is it just on the Supergirl show? I'll make sure to watch. I gave up on Supergirl after one episode but sounds like it got better. If the crossover is any good maybe I'll give it another chance.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I doubt they'll have them fight each other. Unlike the movies, the TV shows probably have their younger audiences in mind, in particular Supergirl. Don't want to confuse Ayen the kids by having the Flash get mauled by Supergirl.
    That sounds like how the fight would end, honestly.

Yeah, I'm sure Barry was taught not to hit girls unless they're metahuman supercriminals but obviously Supergirl doesn't qualify as one.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Is it just on the Supergirl show? I'll make sure to watch. I gave up on Supergirl after one episode but sounds like it got better. If the crossover is any good maybe I'll give it another chance.
    I really didn't like the pilot but gave it another shot this week after hearing it for better as well. I completely caught up while stock the last two days and while the show still has some issues with cheesiness in its stories and effects at times, the pilot was still the weakest episode and I would say it's improved on itself almost every single episode.

I've been converted.

Nice to see that Kreisberg contributes to that episode's teleplay and that he has that fitting title usually associated with Batman and Superman's teamups; he's quite passionate about comic books, and if his interview with Kevin Smith is anything to go by, he'll be sure to try his utmost to make this crossover worth waiting for. :P

I also can't wait to hear Blake Neely's score and how he'll incorporate his themes for Barry and Kara in it and make them play off of one another. I'm surprised Neely even has time to score for not only this show but Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow too. At least the shows being in the hands of the same composer provides proper thematic continuity as he loves referencing character themes for heroes and villains every chance he gets.

As for how I feel about the series, so far it's been fine. The pilot worked well and even when the plot has its holes, contradictions and hiccups (notably a certain stabbing scene with Kryptonite which made me roll my eyes for lore reasons, or an episode making a complete turnaround on a previous episode's moral), the script is witty and charming most of the time, and the actors do bring their characters to life and have nice chemistry together. There are also some quite impressive shots as far as TV show cinematography goes, and I'm interested in seeing if the show can keep up its momentum or become better over time now that it's found its footing.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kossage View Post
    Nice to see that Kreisberg contributes to that episode's teleplay and that he has that fitting title usually associated with Batman and Superman's teamups; he's quite passionate about comic books, and if his interview with Kevin Smith is anything to go by, he'll be sure to try his utmost to make this crossover worth waiting for. :P

I also can't wait to hear Blake Neely's score and how he'll incorporate his themes for Barry and Kara in it and make them play off of one another. I'm surprised Neely even has time to score for not only this show but Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow too. At least the shows being in the hands of the same composer provides proper thematic continuity as he loves referencing character themes for heroes and villains every chance he gets.

As for how I feel about the series, so far it's been fine. The pilot worked well and even when the plot has its holes, contradictions and hiccups (notably a certain stabbing scene with Kryptonite which made me roll my eyes for lore reasons, or an episode making a complete turnaround on a previous episode's moral), the script is witty and charming most of the time, and the actors do bring their characters to life and have nice chemistry together. There are also some quite impressive shots as far as TV show cinematography goes, and I'm interested in seeing if the show can keep up its momentum or become better over time now that it's found its footing.
    Are you by chance talking about when (SPOILER)Kara goes on that whole speech about letting people help her and not doing it alone like her cousin, and then in the follow episode gets mad that her cousin helped her when she wants to be a hero on her own? Because, yeah, that was pretty stupid.

Do you guys think that Supergirl is going to accept help from The Flash? Or is there going to be a friendly rivalry going on between the two of them?