Thread: Your Favourite Couples of Books!

Default Your Favourite Couples of Books!

So, I'm shamelessly jumping on the "Favourite Couples" bandwagon which has been making the rounds these past few days.

So, the big question is... Who are your favourite book couples?

Here are my top five, in no particular order. They're all from sci-fi, because that's what I read for pleasure, mainly.

Dancers at the End of Time, Jherek Carnelian and Amelia Underwood
    My absolute favourite couple in all of literature. He was a boy (from the End of Time), she was a girl (from Victorian England), can I make it any more obvious? BONUS POINTS! if you read that to the tune of the song. MINUS POINTS! if you don't know what song I'm talking about.

To Say Nothing of the Dog, Ned and Verity
    A time-travel romance, but of a slightly different vein to that of Dancers, as they're both from the same time. Their courtship, however, takes place near Oxford in a Victorian summer. Deliciously sentimental.

Foundation's Edge and Foundation and Earth, Pelorat and Bliss
    Honestly, I don't really remember that much of how their relationship started. It's been years since I read these two, they were childhood favourites of mine. But, I do remember that they seemed to be very much in love despite their wildly different backgrounds, and they often made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

The Lathe of Heaven, George Orr and Heather Lelache
    A shifting, changing world isn't enough to keep them apart. They keep finding each other, even though George is the only one who fully remembers all of their encounters.

The Child Garden, Milena and Rolfa
    The world manages to come between them, but eventually they're reunited (although not in a way that you'd expect).

Share your own choices. Or don't, if you like. It's a free forum.
    Last edited by Mr. Carnelian; 02-04-2016 at 03:44 PM.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

From the book Captian Blood, Peter Blood and Aribella Biship. They play a cute cat and mouse game the whole book which is very cleverly written.

I'll add Lily and Snape. He loved her so much he risked everything even after her death to see Harry succeed. In all honesty... Unpopular opinion here but James was a dufus.
    Last edited by FFNut; 02-04-2016 at 10:45 PM.