So I want to play a lot of games at some point in my life. But with life getting more hectic, I can't just play all of the games all of the time. So I was hoping you friendlies could help me pick a game in different series that would be a good intro to the series. Preferably a stand alone in case I don't like it enough to check out others in the series. I do not know which ones continue off of each other or stand alone, so please mention that if you can. Also feel free to comment on if the series is even worth the effort to put in to one game.

Series I am interested in:
*Growlancer
*SaGa
*Shin Megami Tensei (yes for Fynn, and hopefully from an earlier generation, DS and earlier, so I can cheat because I'm not good at games, I don't even care. No shame.)
*Dragon Age
*Ar Tonelico
*Fire Emblem (I've played Awakening and plan to play the newer one, but would like a suggestion for the older ones)
*Mario (Anything past the SNES era)
*Grandia
*Breath of Fire
*Lunar

Feel free to suggest other games you think I would be interested in. Doesn't have to be an RPG. I am also looking for some platformers but please suggest some that are more beginner friendly!

Thank you guys