Thread: Midgar Mist Plays Alter Ego (An Excerpt)

Blog Entries

Relm Midgar Mist Plays Alter Ego (An Excerpt)

In the beginning I chose to be a female foetus....heres the rest

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]You are in a warm, dark comfortable place. This has been your place since you became aware that you are alive. It's almost time to enter a different world now.[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]Select an action:[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]
    [/COLOR]I chose - Stay in a little longer

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]O.K. You certainly can't be blamed for wanting to stay some place safe and warm. Besides, you are learning early the social merits of being "fashionably late."[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]Select an action:[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]

(scoffs) give me a break I was a premie in real life.........fine
    [/COLOR]I chose- Come out peacefully

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]What a nice baby. Are you sure you're ready for this? It can get pretty hectic out there. I'll give you one more chance to try to stay a while longer. Would you like to?[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)][/COLOR]

(scoffs again) If I said no you would only give me crap again so
    I chose- Yes

[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]I know it's a little bit early to say that you are too easily influenced by other's opinions, but after getting up the nerve to be so courageous, why back out (or back in, in this case) just because of me?[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]arrrgh! son of a bitch, I was trying to avoid this question again, what part of that didnt ya get (stupid game)
    I chose - come out fighting (see how you like that you bitch)

[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]Yes, I can certainly understand how troublesome it can seem to be evicted unexpectedly. You have every right to feel angry. You were getting a little too big to be carried around in your mom's belly--those backaches were really[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]starting to get on her nerves.[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]

[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)](hmmm methinks I was being led to choose this option from the start, sneaky sentient b*stard)

[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]Besides, your dad had to suffer through a lot for the past couple of months and wasn't exactly Mr. Sunshine either. Get ready to be born in a flurry of waving arms, screams and a slap on the bottom.[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]

(slaps you back if I wasnt a newborn)
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]Happy Birthday, and welcome to the world. From now on, life will begin to change rapidly. You will have to learn to accept responsibility, build up your resources, and manage yourself physically and emotionally.[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]

[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]The events that transpire over the course of the next few days include:[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]You develop a mild respiratory infection that causes some concern, but no later problems.[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]You develop an allergy to milk and have to be given special formula.[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]The doctors note that your breathing is a bit irregular and suggest special monitoring equipment to avoid serious problems.[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]

[/COLOR]You are in infancy.

There are seven stages of life in Alter Ego. You play from birth until death, whenever that may be. Your game is saved automatically.

You may select icons in any order. They are sorted chronologically.

At this point I chose to develop my social skills

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85098)]A woman walks into a room holding a blanket and a bottle with warm, white liquid.

Select a Mood

I chose - Happy

Select an action:

I chose - Coo
    .........ok this game looks quite long so, im gonna go off and play by myself now but I've given you an excerpt at least (what? This is Midgar Mist's first Lets Play, and I is bored of telling you guys now, but theres a taste of what my life wouldve been like if I hadnt been a premature baby being born into a socially HOSTILE environment)
    [/COLOR]

Articles
    Blog Entries

Let's Play forum has been on fire lately. Not sure what you were trying with the coding, but it didn't work.

I loved playing this game. The narrator is so spunky. Even better if you read it all in John de Lancie's voice. They changed it somewhat since I first played. Be weary, as some options can lead to an early death. Namely one where you're getting into stuff as a baby, and if you surrender to your need to rage on the road.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Like the good looking guy above me said, it was tough to read through the coding, but I'm sure you'll get that figure out in no time. I look forward to watching you play!

Blog Entries

Chocobo

It didnt look like it was gonna do that when I was drafting the thread, then when I posted it came up with all that crap you see above you. I a techno dunce, (or its a stupid dogbot lol)

Lets try this again.......another excerpt:

You say, "Maaaaaaahm... SOOOOOO-ZEEE ith on the TEE-VEE now!" Mom says, "Come on, Sweetie. Help me in the kitchen a little." You say:

I chose to say- "Maaaaaahm"

Mom sees your stubborness and stops asking you. All she wanted was a little company. You acted very selfishly. She's in the kitchen now.

Select an action:

I chose - Keep Watching TV

This Suzy Fantastik is a REPEAT! So there!

You are in a sandbox playing with your favorite toy. An older girl pulls it away from you and screams, "MINE!"

Mood - Anxious
    Action- Get an Adult

You begin to get up and run for an adult, but the girl grabs you and pulls you down.

Select an action:

I chose - Kick her

You miss her. The girl scratches you and pulls your hair. She makes your face and arms bleed. Her mother sees her and doesn't even spank her. She is the lenient type who doesn't believe in punishment.

Time to feed the fish. You pinch a small amount of fish food between your fingers and tap on the glass. There is no sign of Gabriella.

Mood- Confused
    Action- Look for Gabriella

You put your hand in the fish bowl and look for Gabriella. She is stuck under a rock. She is stiff and her eyes are puffed out. You think that she might be sick.

Select an action:

I chose- Call for Mom
    Gabby floats up to the surface from under a big, gray rock. Her eye seems very puffy, and her body is stiff. You are relieved to see she hasn't jumped out of the bowl.

Select an action:

I chose- Ask Mom about Gabby

Mom stutters through the answers to your questions. She is uncomfortable and sad. Mom explains that Gabby can't swim anymore. Mom says she's dead, that she's gone away. (How can that be, she's right THERE.) "What is 'dead?'", you wonder. You are confused. Mom says that Gabby has to be taken out of the bowl.

Select an action:

I chose- Keep her in a box in your drawer

You really can't do that. Gabby will start to smell up the drawer. You still don't understand what this is all about, but tomorrow you will start to miss the ritual of feeding her.
    Game Results from Infancy stage:

Your family life has been: Positive and nurturing, and as a result, you have begun to form the critical bonds that are important during this phase of life.

Physically you have been:A healthy baby.

Socially, during this phase in life nothing much is really expected of you. After all, you're still much too young to throw a successful cocktail party, and frankly, anyone who still dribbles on herself probably wouldn't makehe ideal dinner guest. However, by now there are some things you should have mastered. Your progress in this area shows

You have been the type of child who charms the lollipops off people. You have been the type of child who is huggable and gets her cheeks pinched by old ladies with bright red lipstick.

Now, regarding your emotional and personality development...

]What a trustworthy little lady you are turning out to be! On the one hand, your trustworthiness is a desired trait. On the other, I am curious about why you don't explore your environment a bit more and get into things a bit.[/COLOR]

For instance, haven't you ever wondered what that zipper on the side of your mother's pillow is for? Well, then, UNZIP it!

Your Thoughtfulness characteristic really doesn't count for much in this phase of life. Most children often find themselves at the mercy of their whims and impulses. You are allowed to be cranky now. People will tolerate it much better than when you are a teen-ager. Then your whining and carrying on will seem more objectionable

One thing about your character that has a tendency to put people off is your aggressiveness. You are the type of baby who likes to pull on loose pieces of clothing, hair and any bulbous fleshy object that comes within your reach. Youare going to have to learn the meaning of "make nice."

That wraps up your status for the very first years of life. I hope you like yourself. If not, you can always try to improve in the years to come. There's plenty of time.

End of Excerpt 2: Hopefully this time the text didnt hamstring me. I am legendary for my troublewith getting fonts and layout right. And entering text in this particular field is a hurdle in itself (really is a stupid dogbot)

Last edited by Midgar Mist; 02-08-2016 at 06:39 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Aww, poor Mom. She just wanted to spend time with you

I forgot how good this game can be at making you feel guilty for your choices. That kid in the sandbox was mean!

Blog Entries

:monster:

Childhood: Highlights/Experiences

I escaped being killed by a child molester by running away from his car, I remembered his licence plate and he got arrested. (tis the second time ive cheated death in this game by being careful and responsible)
    A drunken Uncle was inappropriate with me but I got away from him
    I didn't want to fit in and stood up for uncool kids (I got rewarded with an 'uncool' kid's rich parent taking me to Hawaii YAY!)
    Made a bit of money selling cookies or something (with Dad's help)
    I threw ridiculous old fashioned looking clothes in the trash :-O

The Results are as follows:

Family life is progressing very well. Dad is still the greatest hero of all time, and Mom is pretty terrific too.

]Physically, you are]healthy. You contract the standard fare of childhood diseases, assorted sniffles, coughs, bumps and stomach aches.

]Socially, this can be an awkward phase of life, especially when you hit the ripe old age of nine or ten. Should you like boys? Should you not like boys? Decisions, decisions. All in all,ou are developing good social skills. You don't always close your mouth when you are chewing food, but hey, nobody's perfect.

You are a remarkably trustworthy young lady. Your sense of ethics and fair play are quite remarkable for a child your age.
    (something I never was an actual child)

The degree to which you display aggressive types of behavior is somewhat alarming, especially for a young lady. You can be nasty and spiteful at times.
    (wasnt like this in real life either. My problem was being too nice)

You are about to enter adolescence. It is a somewhat hectic time of life -- full of surprises. There will be many high highs, and many low lows. With each year you will gain responsibilities.

]You may also notice that people will begin to start forgiving you less for things previously described as mere childhood habits. You will be expected to "act like a lady" and become helpful around the house. Sometimes you may becomemoody and teary without any reason at all.

Oh, yes... then there's the matter of boys. If you haven't noticed them much in this phase, I'm sure you will soon. They'll also be noticing you quite a bit.
    (Aww...you mean my alter ego can't be a lesbian? Shucks)

Side note: Now they've jacked up the time between Life Stages (money grabbing bastards) Has jumped from 5 min last time to 10 min this time (!)

End of Excerpt.....stay tuned for the super fun happy time known as ADOLESCENCE

Articles
    Blog Entries

A drunken Uncle was inappropriate with me
    That's it, Uncle Steve, I'm cutting you off. I'm not even giving you caffeine or meat. Enjoy your all water and grass diet.

Blog Entries

Greenie

Terrible Teens: The Results

Judging by your progress through life so far, your family life has[been quite good, all things considered. Family members can be pains, but no one seems to mind it when you overhaul your hair for three hours every morning in the bathroom.

Physically you have been]a healthy young woman. Accepting and being comfortable with changes in the way your body looks may have been a little bit of a concern to you during this phase, but you seem strong physically.

Socially, this phase of life does present its share of problems. Most of these problems fall into the category of boys. Life must have been pretty simple before they showed up. Your social adjustment has been remarkable.

Although you do not have a steady boyfriend at the present time, there's always the next life phase.

Your trustworthiness and sense of fair play are commendable. You are an honest young woman, but there is always room for improvement.

A positive aspect of your adolescence is your ability to resist temptation and not give into your impulses. Since adolescence is a time for testing limits, this can get some people into some pretty dangerous situations. However, leading an excessively sheltered life can be boring.
    You seem to be enjoying most of what you do. Even though you experience "the blues" every once in a while, it's nice to see that you are not having a depressed, traumatized life

Even though an occasional explosive outburst is common in most adolescents, you seem to have everything well under control. You seem to be sensitive and gentle.

You certainly have a good head on your shoulders. You are not only book-smart, but you also have plenty of common sense.
    ]Now that your adolescence is almost over, it's time to be hurled out there into the abyss of the REAL WORLD. (I'll bet you didn't know that everything you did so far was part of the fake world.)

(not to mention the world that doesnt charge me FIVE AMERICAN DOLLARS to keep playing)

anddddd....now i have to WAIT 20 MINUTES OR PAY THE ABOVE AMOUNT (apparently the whole thing used to be free but soon i wont be able to play AT ALL. dont blame me if i can only half complete this game, blame soulless capitalism instead)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Although you do not have a steady boyfriend at the present time, there's always the next life phase.
    Smurf you, Alter Ego!

However, leading an excessively sheltered life can be boring.
    Smurf. You.

Blog Entries

Ok.....so it allowed me to play my life out without getting charged, I just had to wait 20 min between later life stages. Also I noticed some flaws in the game mechanics (like in old age i was allowed to adopt a baby and my Mum helped me look after it, what's that game? youre telling me im a woman in my 70s dropping off a kid at my 100 year old mother's house?)

Here's my results Young Adulthood to Death:

Young adult

This may have been a time in your life when family activities took a back seat to establishing some independence. In general, your family relationships are good.

Physically you have been healthy. You have probably reached your peak physically. Any abuse you dish out to yourself now is likely to leave its mark.

You have wisely chosen to stay away from drinking and drugs to a large extent.

In this phase of life you have faced several sensitive issues. These included what crowd of people to associate with and what material items bring recognition from this crowd. Somewhere along the line, you may have devoted a portion of your life to a worthy social cause like a charity event or the Peace Corps. Your social skills are excellent.

I say I went travelling and did a bit of Peace Corps work

Although you do not have a steady partner at the present time, there's always the next life phase, if that is what you are aiming for. You may really cherish your independence, however. That's okay too.

I dated Bobby, but his parents wouldn’t let me settle down with him.

Tried dating other dudes but kept reaching walls set by game mechanics such as the above (wouldn’t happen like that in real life)

Disappointed there’s no dude by the name of…..well….you know J

Your trustworthiness and sense of fair play are commendable. You are a fairly honest woman, but there is always room for improvement.

Even though we all have our secrets, you are doing a very good job of keeping your wilder side under control.

You seem to be enjoying yourself. Even though you experience "the blues" every once in a while, it's nice to see that you are not having a depressed, traumatized life.

You can be sensible and understanding.
    You are a pretty jittery kind of person.

j-j-j-jittery s-s-s-s-ince when did my alter ego be-be-be-come j-jittery?

Vocationally, things do not always go very well. Perhaps you should try finding another job.

Wow, even my fictional career sucks

You certainly have a good head on your shoulders. You are not only book-smart; you also have plenty of common sense.

By this time, you may have been feeling a bit of pressure to achieve, get ahead, buy a house or possibly even (gasp!) settle down. You have gone through quite a range of experiences already, but there is a great deal more to come.

Adult 2

WELCOME TO ADULTHOOD

"There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved."

GEORGE SAND Letter to Lina Calamatta (March 31, 1862)

Your family life has been good.
    Physically, you have been healthy, but every once in a while you get an ache or a pain that can knock you out of action for a few days at a time.

You have chosen wisely to stay away from drinking and drugs.
    At this station in life you have probably chosen to associate with a select group of cohorts. In general, your social skills are excellent.

Although you do not have a steady partner at the present time, there's always the next life phase, if that is what you are aiming for. If you are lonely, why not try the RELATIONSHIP ICON?
    You are a very trustworthy person.
    Even though we all have our secrets, you are doing a very good job of keeping your wilder side under control.
    You seem to be enjoying your life. Even though you experience "the blues" every once in a while, it's nice to see that you are not having a depressed, traumatized life.
    You are usually cool, calm and collected.
    Vocationally, you are doing well, despite the day-to-day hassles and problems at work.
    You certainly have a good head on your shoulders. You are not only book-smart; you also have plenty of common sense.
    As you approach the middle years of life, age will probably play a more central role in your experience than it has in your past. For some individuals, the middle years are a time of depression and regret. For others, they mark the beginning of a settling down period of contentment.
    Life can always be as rich and full as you want it to be. You might not be able to climb the highest tree in the forest anymore, but now may be the first time that you allow yourself to experience its beauty without needing to conquer or possess it.
    WELCOME TO MIDDLE ADULTHOOD

"After the verb 'to love,' 'to help' is the second most beautiful verb in the word."

BERTHA VON SUTTER "Epigram," Ground Arms, 1892
    Your family life has been good.
    During this phase of life, your body doesn't always respond the way your mind would like it to. A sore back after a hard day's work or sore feet and legs after a long walk are not uncommon. In general, you are very fit for a woman your age.

Fortunately, you don't have to worry about drugs or alcohol ruining your health.
    Socially, you are doing fine.

Although you do not have a steady partner at the present time, there's always the next life phase, if that is what you are aiming for. If you are lonely, why not try the RELATIONSHIP ICON? Then again, being a confirmed bachelorette does have its share of rewards.
    You are a very trustworthy person.
    You've seemed to have negotiated your "midlife crisis" without becoming depressed.
    You are usually cool, calm and collected.
    People see you as an extremely wise person. They rely on you often for advice and are pleased with the results they get from interacting with you.
    The next phase of life is full of mixed blessings. You may feel old and lonely some days and cheerful and strong on others. Our society certainly has its share of prejudices against older folks, but you can have rich and rewarding experiences despite this.
    You will have your chance to thumb your nose at people who think you are too old to live it up a little. After all, you were doing most of these things (and enjoying them) long before these people were toilet trained.
    WELCOME TO OLD AGE

"The woman I shall become will be quite different from the woman I am now. Another 'I' is beginning, and so far I have not had to complain of her."

GEORGE SAND Isadora, Volume II

I got married to a man named Martin, a sweet old widower who I shared a sweet relationship with.
    Carried on getting College Credits
    Retired from my delivery service job after a successful career
    Did great work in the local community and became a local celebrity, got an award for charitable service from the mayor
    I Died of complications due to lung cancer op

RIP Alter Me RIP

(wow im good at this game)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Smurfing lung cancer.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aww, you had a decent life though!

Blog Entries

Thanks. I played it through a second and third time. The game mechanics really do screw you on romance. So...on my third attempt (where I tried to rush through childhood impatient to get my later love life started out) I accidently hit the wrong choice and got killed by a child molester. So....I've had my fill of Alter Ego for now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

You can't rush through life, hun. You gotta live in the moment.

Blog Entries

I've now played a fourth time and managed to marry Bobby this time. This fourth attempt is the first time I was young enough to have my own kid. In this playthrough my mother died before I had Ned (my child) but still the game mechanics say I drop off my kid at my mums house.

I saw him get married but died before I got grandkids. (I adopted a child on my second playthrough and only got to his wedding there too)

There's still work to be done