Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rin Heartilly View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I think one of the main reasons I was out of it for so long (that I didn't mention) was that my PS3 kicked the bucket ages ago and I didn't buy a new one until late last year, ironically I actually have all the KH games listed (minus chains of memories) included 1.5 and 2.5, because I knew I was going to get back into it eventually, but I was overwhelmed on where to begin xD

So should I just go 1.5 --> 2.5 --> and then 2.8? Is that the most efficient way to do it?
    1.5 actually contains Chain of Memories! But yeah, that's the general order. I'll go into more detail in a second. The Remixes also contain cutscenes for two games - if you have them on DS you might decide to play them instead, but that's your call.

So, here's the order with the compilation you have in the brackets:

KH1 (1.5)
    Chain of Memories (1.5)
    KH2 (2.5)
    358/2 Days (1.5 cutscenes OR play it on your DS)
    Birth By Sleep (2.5)
    re:coded (2.5 cutscenes OR play it on your DS OR just skip it because it really brings nothing into the series)
    Dream Drop Distance (2.8)
    Unchained Chi (2.8 cutscenes OR wait until the game comes out here on mobile)
    Birth By Sleep - A Fragmentary passage (2.8)

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah and 2.8 comes out some time this year so you'll have to go through the others before it even comes out. So that works out! They haven't given us a date just "2016"

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    That one is also available in 2.5.

Oh. Then what's the new Aqua episode called then?
    Fragmentary Passage.

If they did not really make something totally new it is just the Secret Episode "Fragmentary Passage".

No no, there's a totally new one on 2.8!
    But Fragmentary Passage is the Secret Episode of BBS in which Aqua is in the Realm of Darkness. And I have already played that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    But Fragmentary Passage is the Secret Episode of BBS in which Aqua is in the Realm of Darkness. And I have already played that.
    Yes, but 2.8 will have a whole new game based on the secret ending in Fragmentary passage. It even uses the KH3 engine and stuff

Thanks for the replies everyone! I think one of the main reasons I was out of it for so long (that I didn't mention) was that my PS3 kicked the bucket ages ago and I didn't buy a new one until late last year, ironically I actually have all the KH games listed (minus chains of memories) included 1.5 and 2.5, because I knew I was going to get back into it eventually, but I was overwhelmed on where to begin xD

So should I just go 1.5 --> 2.5 --> and then 2.8? Is that the most efficient way to do it?
    1.5 actually contains Chain of Memories! But yeah, that's the general order. I'll go into more detail in a second. The Remixes also contain cutscenes for two games - if you have them on DS you might decide to play them instead, but that's your call.

KH1 (1.5)
    Chain of Memories (1.5)
    KH2 (2.5)
    Birth By Sleep (2.5)
    re:coded (2.5 cutscenes OR play it on your DS OR just skip it because it really brings nothing into the series)
    Oh Awesome! ^^ Thanks for that breakdown! I remember everything about KH1 (played it over 5 times) so I guess I'll start with chains of memories then and go from there! My new years resolution is to get up to date with the KH series now xD Considering KH3 won't be out until Dec 2016 or mid 2017 (knowing Square) at least I have a lot of time to catch up on it.

Yes, but 2.8 will have a whole new game based on the secret ending in Fragmentary passage. It even uses the KH3 engine and stuff
    Kind of misleading to give it that name then. It seemed like they wanted to make a remade version of the Secret Ending.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

KH1 (1.5)
    Chain of Memories (1.5)
    KH2 (2.5)
    Birth By Sleep (2.5)
    Oh Awesome! ^^ Thanks for that breakdown! I remember everything about KH1 (played it over 5 times) so I guess I'll start with chains of memories then and go from there! My new years resolution is to get up to date with the KH series now xD Considering KH3 won't be out until Dec 2016 or mid 2017 (knowing Square) at least I have a lot of time to catch up on it.
    YAY KH is awesome! I hope you enjoy your journey

I'm sure I will \(^w^)/ and then I can read all those KH fanfics...and it will make sense to me

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm sure I will \(^w^)/ and then I can read all those KH fanfics...and it will make sense to me
    I doubt it

I made a "relevant KH info" thread long ago. If you want I can revive it and add stuff. It was just that no one was interested really.

I doubt it
    You're right xD

I made a "relevant KH info" thread long ago. If you want I can revive it and add stuff. It was just that no one was interested really.
    Oooh I may check it out! But you don't have to go through the trouble of reviving it, I'll go on blank-minded when I play so that there is no possible way I will get spoiled xD But thanks though!