Thread: Underrated music in FF

Default Underrated music in FF

Sooo popping VIII's soundtrack into the CD player while driving, I realized that there are so many underrated tracks that nobody ever mentions in FF in general. So here is a list I've compiled from 1 - 10 of underrated tracks:

FFI:

So people seem to forget about generic town/city/village tracks but this one is soooooo nice

FFII:

Has that perfect nostalgic RPG vibe to it.

FFIII:

One of the best, if not best airship themes

FFIV:

Rydia's theme is one of my favourites from IV, so many beautiful tracks in IV!

FFV:

"As I feel, you feel" honestly makes me feel feels, they got the title so right. The original bgm is great but this composition is amazing.

FFVI:

I couldn't just put one, most love Terra's theme but I like Shadow's more. Also "troops march on" is brilliant.

FFVII:

AKA "Kalm" is calm, nostalgic and makes me feel happy when I hear it, my favourite town theme

Not that underrated but not as popular as it should be! It's so good.

FFVIII:

I remember getting pumped hearing "the landing" on the first Dollet mission when I was a kid. Still gets me pumped.

Squall addresses everyone during the garden war, so many feels. No one is allowed to dislike this whether you dislike FF8 or not, you gotta admit this piece is beautiful.

FFIX:

Okay maybe this one is here because it reminds me of FF8 but it's still great! The hunting festival was fun!

Kuja's theme is somber and melancholic. I love it.

FFX:

No one likes Seymour, but his boss battle theme is the best battle theme in X.

Haunting and beautiful. Really captures the inner turmoil Yuna must've been going through wandering the via purifico.

So there ya go, I feel that most of these tracks are pretty damn underrated, if you disagree that's fine, also feel free to add more to the list or add some for X-2 - XIV and/or spin offs!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I'm really glad you picked Town from FFI, it's one of my favorites! I think it's one of the most relaxing tracks in the entire series.

Ancient Castle is a fantastic track. One of the best dungeon themes in all FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    I'm really glad you picked Town from FFI, it's one of my favorites! I think it's one of the most relaxing tracks in the entire series.
    Yes! People seem to forget town themes in favour of battle themes but both are great! FF1's town theme is especially so ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Ancient Castle is a fantastic track. One of the best dungeon themes in all FF.
    Yeap, I agree ^^

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I'm a big fan of Eiko's Theme in FFIX. Also Life Stream in FFVII, which sounds like the music that would be playing when you arrive in Heaven, if there was one.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"