Thread: Video game/Movie orchestras

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Video game/Movie orchestras

Obligatory sample:

What's your take on it? They say it's saving the orchestras around the world by getting young people excited about going to a symphony with video game or movie music.

I tend to agree. Video games and Movies often already have an emotional connection to us, because of the story we know and love. Orchestral music, besides being great to listen to, can loosen those emotions.

Every video game symphony I've been to had people giving standing ovations, cheering, giving credit in ways that these orchestras have probably never seen.

And who knows, maybe they'll go a classical concert as well, once they get hooked.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Distant Worlds is in my home town I think tonight (or, probably yesterday cause of time difference). I had hoped Night Fury and I would have been back from the UK in time to see it but no such luck

I think it would be awesome to go and see though. Hopefully one day.

Also I think we should include anime in this.

Anime and video games are a more accepted medium these days and the composers for them are given their due credit. It certainly makes me like orchestras more.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Music makes or breaks a good story, whether movie, game, or anime. They get their due for a good reason.