15 68.18%
  • Bethesda

7 31.82%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BioWare vs. Bethesda

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default BioWare vs. Bethesda

Do you prefer BioWare games or Bethesda games, and why?

I prefer BioWare games because I just like their take on RPGs better. Gameplay, story, and characters. My favorite games from them are the KoTOR and Mass Effect series, and what I played of Dragon Age 2. Still need to play Origins and Baldur's Gate.

Discuss.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

It's hard to compare the two. I've played so many great games from both, and many buggy ones from both. If I was forced to choose I'd most likely choose Bethesda. There is no game like Morrowind that is as old and still as good as it is.

Loved BioWare for Dragon Age Origins and 2, but I hated Mass Effect. Couldn't barley get through it.

Mass Effect is the games which tip the scales to Bethesda.

Bethesda has made one great game, some okay games, and some bad games.

Bioware has made several great games, some good games, and some okay games.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    It's hard to compare the two. I've played so many great games from both, and many buggy ones from both. If I was forced to choose I'd most likely choose Bethesda. There is no game like Morrowind that is as old and still as good as it is.

Loved BioWare for Dragon Age Origins and 2, but I hated Mass Effect. Couldn't barley get through it.

Kind of amusing to me, since Mass Effect is what tip the scales for me, too, just in favor of BioWare. I can understand not enjoying it. My brother tried playing those and couldn't get into it. Not as much as Dragon Age, anyway.

I appreciate what Bethesda brings to the table for the genre because I like variety and don't want all my games to play the same, but I just never been able to get into their RPGs that much. I'd play The Elder Scrolls and Fallout for a little while and get bored of them before long.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I could not really get into Bethesda's worlds. I loved the ME trilogy and Dragon Age Inquisition is maybe my favorite game of the last 10 years. Bioware by a long shot.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

ive only played Mass effect series for Bioware.

ive played FO3 NV 4 and TES oblivion and skyrim.

however ME Is in my top 5 games of all time (the series) so yep definatly Bioware.

ssssspaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaceeeeeee

One of my favourite things to see in an RPG are well-drawn and interesting characters. Bioware is good at this. Bethesda, on the other hand... I can't think of a single Bethesda character I give two hoots about.

Bioware!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I feel like this is comparing apples and oranges, really. Bioware is more about the characters and Bethesda is more about the world and the world's lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    I feel like this is comparing apples and oranges, really. Bioware is more about the characters and Bethesda is more about the world and the world's lore.
    That's true, but I really think that Bioware have broken Bethesda's lead in regard to their world-building. If you look at Inquisition, it's got a pretty massive game world, and they're really digging into the world's background lore in the Dragon Age series as a whole. So, if Bioware can offer better characters AND a world to match the complexity of Bethesda's, what does Bethesda have to offer?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Let's see, I've enjoyed a few Bethesda games and at least one was well written. I've enjoyed playing one Bioware game but none of the ones I've played were well written.

Choice seems pretty obvious here.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

BioWare has better story structure and characters. Bethesda has nice large worlds and overall story but it pales in comparison with biowares storytelling.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post

Kind of amusing to me, since Mass Effect is what tip the scales for me, too, just in favor of BioWare. I can understand not enjoying it. My brother tried playing those and couldn't get into it. Not as much as Dragon Age, anyway.

I appreciate what Bethesda brings to the table for the genre because I like variety and don't want all my games to play the same, but I just never been able to get into their RPGs that much. I'd play The Elder Scrolls and Fallout for a little while and get bored of them before long.
    Live never made Mass Effect hate a big deal due to how many people enjoy it. However the whole Space theme for me doesn't do it for me. I've watched all the Star Wars shows but can't really tell you much about them.

Star Trek I watched the first generation but no more.

Didnt enjoy any space games either. I guess it space that just isn't my thing which kinda sucks because I know how interesting it could be with so much stuff out there.

Yeah.. BioWare has made much more compelling characters and stories, done by what appear to be true legitimate writers, with fast and/or intense gameplay. Bethesda games have their place as some of the best and most interesting time wasters if you want to just doof around in a large world for six hours and you don't like using Rockstar games for that purpose instead. I've put by far way more time into Bethesda games. But the more memorable experiences for me have come from BioWare

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    what does Bethesda have to offer?
    my favorite video game of all time.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Huh, for some reason I thought there were more Bethesda fans on here. This is more one sided than the SNES/Genesis poll.