Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Criticise the game you're playing right now!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

It might be me, but the controls feel so weird, I hate chasing the gangs to tag them, and the police can be annoying.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Touhou 13: Ten Desires

Mamizou's projectile hitboxes can go smurf themselves.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dragon Age Awakening - I can't believe this game isn't., like, three times as long. wtf. it has such a good crew and I want more of them. Same goes for Witch Hunt.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Maybe I'm remembering wrong Wolf, but I think you can turn the tank controls off maybe?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think you can do that in 3. But I'm pretty sure 4 abandons the tank controls.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Replaying Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. If I could give a crit on this game is it is to easy to grab power in the world. The guild quests feel blah, and NPCs die from just about anything. However I did finish Dawngaurd without a single vampire attack on a city which is a feat of its own. Maybe I'll start the main quest and unleash dragons on the towns instead of Vampires.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I don't think you can do that in 3. But I'm pretty sure 4 abandons the tank controls.
    Some googling tells me you can change the controls, but honestly, normal 3d movement doesn't work with a fixed camera.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I learned after the fact you could change them, but as Vivi22 points out, the fixed camera angles still create problems.

Which reminds me of this...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Touhou 15: Legend of Lunatic Kingdom. I don't know how or why but somehow even though there's a final boss and an Extra boss, at this point I feel confident in calling Clownpiece, the Stage 5 boss, bar none the hardest boss in the game. On NORMAL difficulty no less. The balancing is just weird.

I'm going to hear this theme in my nightmares for the next couple weeks.

Ni No Kuni. The battle system is a disgrace. Enemy attacks have the ability to cancel your moves, but MP and items are still consumed while their effects have been negated. This means you can almost never heal your characters if the creature you're fighting uses a lot of special skills. Also the fact that character keeps hitting the enemy for a set amount of time (or trying) is not useful.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

FFXIV always does maintenance during the afternoon here. So now I'm like what do I do? as I'm at the height of an addiction period with this game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

WoW: Legion. There is just too much to do.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

The way enemies attack in Dragon Quest VII is purely random. As far as I know they've all been like that. You can have a fight go from ignoring one character for a few turns to Oomphing and Punching the ever loving trout out of her the next. No seriously, this boss in Grondel did just that. Ignored Maribel for the entire fight. Then Oomph'D and used Fists of Rage and landed all four hits on her in one turn. Then the hero gets his turn and kills the boss.

Also the Alltrades Arc went on for a bit too long. And during the present day I got lost. The start of the Alltrades Arc has two unwinnable boss fights, so I was conditioned to that thought. Fast forward to the present day, I hear two rumors. One about a sealed up hero and another about Bandits. I figured I go fight the bandits. The fight starts with my entire team being put to Sleep, Confused, and Blinded. I figured this was another unwinnable fight. I lose and there's a special scene playing afterwards. So I went to see about the hero. This girl asked me to find a special stone from a place I hadn't been to yet. I figured that was it so I went back to the Shrine and couldn't go anywhere. Spent awhile running around trying to figure out where to go. I gave up and looked it up. Turns out those bandits weren't unbeatable, I just had a very bad first turn. Which brings me back to the first part of my post. Second round, they didn't use the Snooze or Fuddle spell once. And the story progressed.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFVII - I still really hate the Second Disc and see it when the whole story falls to pieces. Also, I finally have a bunch of Materia to play with and create combinations for but I hardly use any of them because there isn't much in the game worth using more than basic Attack/heal strategy to beat, not to mention Enemy Skill materia is largely incompatible with most of the Support Materia but infinitely more useful than magic materia. I'm pretty sure 90% of my Materia equips are for the sake of leveling them than because they are actually useful to me.

Curtain Call - Still a bit peeved about the song selections for certain series, and much like the Dark Notes from the first game, the Quest mode tends to favor games for which I dislike their OSTs. While I like that we got two more summons and how the summon system works, I still find it annoying that Leviathan and Alexander were passed over for Knights of the Round.

I am Setsuna - While most of the music is gorgeous and fitting for the story's mood, I'll agree with most detractors that the (mostly) solo piano doesn't quite lend itself well for battle themes or more energetic tracks. Of anything it kind of reminds me of old films where there was no audio track and thus the film usually had a instrumental accompaniment to go with it; which makes the OST come across a little unintentionally funny at times.

I just finished the campaign of Darkest Dungeon. This game is such a grind, I really feel they missed the spot in terms of pacing and the theme they were going for. Set for a tactical horror dungeon crawler, the monsters you fight just don't seem intimidating anymore after you've fought them dozens or hundreds of times in the grind to the final darkest dungeon. It's not very dark either; there are enough supplies to light up and scout ahead in every dungeon, and element of surprise is key when designing a tense atmosphere. If the game had focussed more on exploration with the occasional - but extremely tough - battle instead of the countless meaningless battles it would have fit the theme way better imo.