Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Criticise the game you're playing right now!

Horizon Zero Dawn, hmm... I really love this game. I'd have to nitpick. Its title. That title is bad. That is like let's pull three cool, game-y words out of a hat and work it into the plot later.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Witcher: I'm having a similar problem to what I had with Morrowind. I dunno if it's because it's a brown game or an ugly game or if I'm just sitting to close to my monitor, but I just start feeling nauseous when I play it for too long. Thankfully, it isn't as bad as with MOrrowind, and I feel normal when I'm out and about during the day, but at night, in dungeons, or if my gaming environment is just not lit by sunlight, I don't feel so good.

Eli and Quiet are such dud characters in Metal Gear Solid 5. Eli doesn't seem to have any other motive than being angsty teenager buggaloo and Quiet is literally there for the boobs and doesn't have anything to do with the story at all.

(P.S haven't finished the game yet)

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Eli and Quiet are such dud characters in Metal Gear Solid 5. Eli doesn't seem to have any other motive than being angsty teenager buggaloo and Quiet is literally there for the boobs and doesn't have anything to do with the story at all.

(P.S haven't finished the game yet)
    Eli's story unfortunately was cut from the game. There is a video showing story boards and a few completed elements for the missing chapter that would have resolved his story. Sadly, it's one of the known sacrifices from Kojima's split with Konami. Quiet on the other hand kind of comes into her own in the post Skullface part of the game, though that last mission is a doozy...

On to other things.

Phoenix Wright - I know this is the game's last case, but for an extra added to a port, it's dragging and testing my patience. I've already kind of figured out what's happen, so finishing the game sort of feels like a formality at this point.

Bloodborne - Of hi Laurence, so you're a souped up version of the game's first boss, interesting. My issue is that you're now a combination of my two least favorite bosses from Dark Souls. You've got the Firesage Demon's BS attack power and fire damage effect to your attacks that give you way better range than I would care for, and your final stage is basically Quelaag on steroids with that wonderful stunlocking lava. Yeah, you're a smurfing pain in my ass.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, Triss is a terrible smurfing person in the Witcher 1. So Geralt loses his memory and that makes her think she's running the place? Took a Level in Jerkass indeed.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Danganronpa 2: OH MY GOSH THEY MADE THE TRIALS WORSEEEE

Dynasty Warriors 8: The generic lines get old fast and I really wish I could play as female characters more often

Final Fantasy XIII-2: It just doesn't... grab me and make me want to continue on. I'm enjoying it but it's not standing out so far. Also Noel's pants. Also there are 6 chapters but I only have access to 5 outfits. Why would they do this

MoeKuri: You can tell it's a smaller project because man are the maps boring and ugly

Persona 5 : Please just let me return the DVD.....

Game : NOPE

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bloodborne - Fair boss battles my ass, Maria can literally charge you and make 90 degree turns to hit you regardless of when you dodged. She also must love Rurouni Kenshin because even if the main swipe misses, the back of the attack can still hit you and take health off. Also, considering how powerful so many of the enemies are in the DLC, I'm pretty surprised by how little you get in terms of Blood Echose.

Phoenix Wright - I still feel the last chapter is a bit too long and a little redundant plot-wise. It just feels like a redo of the previous, and original, final chapter.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Fire Emblem: Birthright: All the names are Japanese, so it's hard to keep track of who is who.

That's it. That's my one criticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Drakengard 3's frame rate is trout. Why is a console game lagging in the first place? I've taken so much unnecessary damage because of slowdown. And I want to zoom out. The camera is way to close. Also spears suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Fire Emblem: Birthright: All the names are Japanese, so it's hard to keep track of who is who.

That's it. That's my one criticism.
    The only character whose name you gotta know is Oboro. It's the only character's name I remember anyway.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Zero Time Dilemma - While I like the fragment system in some ways (see praising thread), it really makes the story hard to follow. I think I prefer the 999/VLR approach of taking the narrative through a whole playthrough and then going back to redo the different branches. I get that there's a time component to ZTD (it's in the title!) and a flow chart to help you see how the fragments connect, but the fact that the characters lose all memory of the prior segments and you can kill them left and right makes it really hard to follow why who died in this timeline and how it relates to the other timelines. I'm sure it will come together in the end.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This might be the most linear "grab you by the hand and force the plot onto you" entry in the Persona series. Its a bit jolting to go from the previous entries that basically dropped the calendar/time spending element onto your head like a ton of bricks to jump to this entry, where the game is constantly consuming my days. The fact the first Palace dungeon has a seriously bad case of teasing you by constantly pulling the rug from under you and forcing you to retreat for plot reasons was a bit jarring as well. I kind of miss the earlier games habit of just throwing you in and forcing you to figure trout out yourself instead of the long tutorial that is the month of April. It's not a major gripe mind you, but it is a bit jarring.

Also, how dare you have the Sunday shopping network and not have it be Tanaka's show. You can't tell me this game doesn't take place in the same universe as the previous entries (SPOILER)cause Naoto has already been named dropped and Rise has concert posters plastered all over Shibuya.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Resident Evil VII -

I completed it a couple of days ago and the ending made me want to eject the disc and snap it in to a million pieces. The story really let it down for me in the end which is a shame because it had potential, but overall I feel like I wasted my time.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dear Persona 1, why is your poker machine so screwed up? I mean, in most poker games that do the High and Low mini-game afterwards, getting a card of the same number usually either means an automatic win, or you usually choose one side for it to be on. Instead, you make it an automatic lost and that has caused me to lose thousands of coins that I could have used, instead I need to break you...

Star Wars: Republic Commando: Being able to command your own squad in the heat of the action is cool, but it's otherwise a fairly unremarkable Halo wannabe, and you're reminded of this every time you're forced to go solo.

Mark of the Ninja: Level design could use a bit more polish. Way too easy to get yourself stuck and be forced to redo the whole level again.

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War: Base building feels lame and gimmicky, even Lego Rock Raiders did it better.

Final Fantasy VIII: Story started off cool but went off the rails after the first disc, characters are annoying and unlikable, battle system is just plain tedious. Will more than likely drop or at the very least put on hold.

Final Fantasy IX: Gameplay is a bit too slow and overly grindy for my taste.

Grandia: Voice acting could have been better, game also needed a map function.

Skies of Arcadia: Story and characters aren't anything to write home about, battle system is a bit slow and lacks depth even when compared to Final Fantasy games of that era, ship battles are painfully boring and dull.

Legend of Dragoon: Story and characters are bland and derivative, not a fan of magic being inaccessible outside of dragoon mode.

Xenogears: Too much cutscene, not enough gameplay. Dialogue can be a bit pretentious and masturbatory at times. None of the characters registered with me either.

Mega Man Legends: Dated gameplay, Roll is annoying, sudden difficulty spikes.

Deus Ex: Just flat out impossible to do a perfect stealth run.

Super Mario Galaxy: Much more linear and straightforward than I expected.

Metal Gear Rising: Trying to infuse Devil May Cry beat-em-up hack-and-slash style gameplay with stealth was a very poor idea.