Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Criticise the game you're playing right now!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Little Witch Romanesque - Ugh the inappropriate fanservice. I hate it. Also I can't get some quests to show upppp which is very frustrating

King of Fighters XIV - I wish they had subtitles for their little intro and exit quotes. Also its a lot of half circles and quarter circles and those hurt my thumbs. Also that menu screen music ugghhh

Steins;Gate - The art style is not to my liking. Some of the eyebrows are just awful.

Yomawari: Night Alone - Some areas can be frustrating

Battle Princess of Arcadias - So much grinding

L.A. Noire - A huge, beautifully detailed open world, but it doesn't really encourage using it

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Final Fantasy XII

Vossler: Don't break the lights set off the alarm.
    5 seconds later he runs through the laser to get to an enemy.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mega Man Zero - Damn this game is ridiculously hard, especially when you put in account the games nasty grading system and the fact you're punished for using one of the features. Pure Capcom logic there. I think what bugs me the most is the weird control scheme and your inability to map the buttons where you need them. Having your sub-weapon and more importantly, the dash button mapped to a shoulder key is incredibly awkward.

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - This game's U.I. is terrible. Too many menus with too many useless skills, and an awkward vertical menu that takes up a third of the screen at all times, what were the devs thinking? Also the load times are horrendous, and made more obnoxious by not being able to fix them despite being on better hardware to play it.

Persona 1 SQQ - "Oh man I love conveyor belt puzzle stages where I can't tell where the conveyor is going to force me until I step on it and send me back to the beginning of the puzzle!" said no one ever.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Blue Reflection - Repetitive and minimalstic and too much unnecessary fanservice

Kona - I can't tell if this is supposed to be spoopy

Valkyria Chronicles - It's not grabbing me yet

Grandia - Can get pretty grindy

The Sims 4 - Why do my Sims stand in place for like an hour before they actually do the thing

Higurashi Episode 2 - Sexism ahoy! Also some pretty amateurish writing and a bit too much mood setting considering I already know the characters from episode one

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Innocent Sin may have one of the best stories and casts in an RPG, but man, am I tired of thr long-ass zodiac temples with their minimal plot relevance

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How long do the battles take to come on screen in FFIX??

I've read some of you say this before but I didn't think it'd be that bad.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The slow battles sure are fun during the Festival of the Hunt and other timed segments

Articles
    Blog Entries

On a first playthrough, Metroid Zero Mission has some weird terrain puzzles that really break the game's pacing, and sometimes go against what I've learned from playing other games in the series.
    Returners Represent!

The story of the new Prey is interesting enough, but the flow of it can be summed up as "jump through these hoops so you can learn the truth from this person, oops you only learned a fraction of the truth but the REAL truth is past these many detours and hoops we promise, oops that person doesn't actually know much more either now jump through these hoops to see if you can learn together, oops the bad guy stopped you from learning the truth right now so jump through just a few more hoops," and so on.

Also I'm nearing the endgame and every standard enemy still makes me want to peel my face off and dance on it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Loving Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, but I really wish I could clearly see each party member's affinity to specific personas.

I was going to play through the original Final Fantasy again, but decided to check out Final Fantasy Negative One instead, and it's been great so far, except that the creator went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overboard with elemental weapons, weaknesses, and resistances. My Dark Knight hits about half of the enemies in every dungeon for 1 damage because every weapon I find for him has some form of attack element and damn near every enemy appears to resist at least four of the eight elements in the game. Wouldn't be such a problem if I had more inventory space or I could change gear on the fly, but, this is FF1, so . . . no equipment swapping in battle and four slots per character are kind of a thing. I also love that I finally sold my dark sword, since EVERYTHING resisted it, only to find a temple filled with holy elemental enemies almost immediately afterwards. > .<

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Silent Hill - Is it me or do melee weapons totally suck in this game? Thankfully the title is fairly generous with ammo, but it seems to me that I'm holding like four weapons that can't do trout because either everything is too fast to be hit cause Harry has to think about winding up a hit or mentally prepare himself to life a pipe cause he's never lifted anything heavier than a pen, or the damn thing can shrug off the hit and continue with it's own at which point we're just trading blows like Rock'em Sock'em Robots. I'm eating through my ammo and health potions faster than I would care to.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Silent Hill 3 - Honestly, I'm not too impressed with this one. The levels start off interesting but then the game just bogs you down with more pointless filler as you try to get home. I'm just now reaching Silent Hill and I learned I'm like 2/3rds of the way done with the game. Throw in a plethora of monster that are a pain in the ass to fight and the game has kind of become a chore for me. I'm kind of taking a break at the moment from it.

Suikoden II - Konami and Sony's odd reasoning to make this game unplayable for the PSP for... reasons? I would love to play this game on the go like I did with the first game but it looks like I'll have to resort to emulation to do so which is a pain.

Persona 1 - Man why does leveling take so long in this game?! I mean I just got everyone's Ultimate Personas and have learned I'm going to have to make everyone level a good five to ten more levels to equip them and it's so painfully slow... The leveling system in this game sucks and I don't quite want to resort to killing off the whole team to power level them one by one but that may end up being the way to go. The only issue is that the girl characters can't use Lilim (absorbs all magic and has access to a really powerful spell) and I have no secondary persona of it's caliber for them to use. Considering they make up 3/5ths of the party, this strategy to power level has a lot of risks involved.

Mega Man Zero - I hate how good Capcom is at making you restrict yourself in order to make their games challenging. You have access to several special items that grant fantastic powers to make this game easier but using any of them permanently destroys your score for missions and prevents you from getting access to some of the unlockable modes. I had to finally convince myself I'm here for the plot and fun battles and not these arbitrary completionist nonsense to finally move on with this game but ugh...

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That’s really weird that suikoden II doesn’t work on psp. I know it used to, and it works on the vita as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, even though I still like it a lot, SH3 is easily my least favorite Team Silent SH.