Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Thread: Criticise the game you're playing right now!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    smurf Mass Effect 3, after spending a whole evening battling my way through wave after bulltrout wave of uber-powerful enemies, I'm this close to reaching the last area of the game and to see the damn ending I'm told I'll probably hate. The game has decided I need to be super cinematic about the whole ending nonsense and threw me into an unskippable part where I have to fend off enemies in aggravating slow motion with one of the weakest guns, my health reduced to OHKO, and my targeting ability is purposely jacked up to make it extremely difficult to aim as the aiming sight just randomly moves on its own. Wouldn't be a big smurfing deal if the game didn't have me go up against an enemy with loads of health and the requirement of needing at least four perfect headshots to beat quickly before he just guns me down. I died at least a dozen times at this point and finally just shut the game down out of frustration. I don't even care how it ends anymore. I lost interest in the Reapers and taking back the galaxy sometime after I finished the Quarian/Geth conflict and this little "cinematic" exercise is just killing my patience with this game even further. God this game was longer than was necessary.
    Oh yeah that bit. I had to drop the difficulty down to casual.

Got back into Darkest Dungeon. I will finish this game at some point. It's still a stupidly long grind.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The Fury turned out to be one of the most frustrating bosses I've fought in recent memory. Not a fan.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    smurf Mass Effect 3, after spending a whole evening battling my way through wave after bulltrout wave of uber-powerful enemies, I'm this close to reaching the last area of the game and to see the damn ending I'm told I'll probably hate. The game has decided I need to be super cinematic about the whole ending nonsense and threw me into an unskippable part where I have to fend off enemies in aggravating slow motion with one of the weakest guns, my health reduced to OHKO, and my targeting ability is purposely jacked up to make it extremely difficult to aim as the aiming sight just randomly moves on its own. Wouldn't be a big smurfing deal if the game didn't have me go up against an enemy with loads of health and the requirement of needing at least four perfect headshots to beat quickly before he just guns me down. I died at least a dozen times at this point and finally just shut the game down out of frustration. I don't even care how it ends anymore. I lost interest in the Reapers and taking back the galaxy sometime after I finished the Quarian/Geth conflict and this little "cinematic" exercise is just killing my patience with this game even further. God this game was longer than was necessary.
    Oh yeah that bit. I had to drop the difficulty down to casual.
    Thanks for the tip, I did that and finally finished the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    The Fury turned out to be one of the most frustrating bosses I've fought in recent memory. Not a fan.
    That's a shame, he's one of my favorite fights in MGS3 behind The End and the Boss.

On Topic:

I'm starting to feel that Majora's Mask is basically "Fetch Quest: The Game" there is just so much bulltrout you have to do to get anywhere in this game. Thank goodness they have some time saving elements but my god, you have to jump through some serious hoops to reach those checkpoints.

For Zelda 2: The Island Temple can kiss my ass.

Children of Mana - I'm finally in the home stretch for this game, and I'm just so disappointed in this game. It could have been something really cool with its interesting cast of characters lore, but the game's generic dungeon crawler design and how bad it underutilized the cast just made going through this game such a chore. No wonder SE has little interest in this franchise.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Devil Survivor - the Law and Chaos heroes go crazy way too abruptly.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    You forgot to mention that they're both assholes with little in terms of redeeming qualities.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    You forgot to mention that they're both assholes with little in terms of redeeming qualities.
    I mean, I kinda get where Keisuke is coming from and got to know him a bit on the third day, so it's not like it wasn't foreshadowed or that he doesn't have a human side. But yeah, he goes off the deep end waaaay too fast and I kinda don't like him anymore

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Virtue's Last Reward - Some of the puzzles are pretty annoying and the touch controls are not as responsive and smooth as I would like.

Atelier Sophie - Really on the shorter side

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Majora's Mask - I really really HATE the Great Bay temple clockwork dungeon. Seriously Nintendo, how did it take you until Breath of the Wild to decide Link needs a jump button and actual climb function? I hate Link's auto-jump, I hate the game's insistent need to have a character platform when you're going to make the functions automatic (especially when the computer decided when he should actually climb trout) and the movement control is cruddy cause we're still in the era of early 3D. Anyway, I got to some room with a huge gear turning and I'm pretty sure I either need to figure out how to stop the device to make a bridge out of it, or Nintendo is seriously asking me to make Link do some feats of agility we both know this game is not designed for. Regardless, I ran out of time even with the slow down time spell, and now I'm going to have to redo this chore of dungeon from almost scratch. Yeah smurf water theme dungeons in Zelda...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

smurfing Devil Survivor

Why do you make me grind so much for the final battle? I get that it needs to be harder than the rest of the game, but this sudden leap from the fight with Beelzebub is just terrible, especially since the free battle exp yield is so insignificant

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dark Souls - embodiment of a really good game. Not much hand holding, figure life out for yourself, darwinism. Havent been disappointed once yet, 53 hours in

Final Fantasy X - fun for a bit. I like the diff battle system. Story is decent. Gameplay is a bit too linear and Im not liking that aspect too much

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tales of Xillia 2 - Not as engaging storywise as the first one. Too much need to use Ludger

Monster Loves You - Not too much substance unfortunately

Ar Tonelico Qoga - Kind of pervy, feels like you're running in syrup, writing not fleshed out and polished enough

Articles
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy XIV: The game is so overly complicated that it's not even worth signing up for.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Metal Gear Solid V is the hardest Metal Gear I've played. I'm supposed to carry a kid and lead other kids past a bunch of guards with a helicopter overhead and a time limit until more guards start coming after me? That was a tough one.

Also, what an ambitious open world game. I can't believe there's so many side ops. I just stopped doing them altogether because I'd be playing this forever! Once I did that though it became really really fun (difficulty aside).

Finally, I'm not sure why there's so many weapon options to develop when all you need is the tranq gun and maybe a shotgun to blast yourself out of a situation when you get discovered. Oh and the rocket launcher and/or sniper rifle when the mission requires it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum