Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Thread: Criticise the game you're playing right now!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's too bad Tiz is the other returning character for Bravely Second, because he's bland and I liked Ringabel much better.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

You know what's a staple of good video game design that's been around forever? Getting attacked and killed by something off screen. I sure love that. And I thought they perfected it way back in the first Resident Evil. But Xenoblade X went reinvented it. Because not only can you get attacked by stuff off screen, but you can get attacked by stuff off screen that's a way higher level then you while you're already fighting something. Bonus points if the music changes because the off screen threat is a tyrant class monster.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I'm not far in to Persona 4 Golden and I'm finding it really hard to motivate myself to play it. I spend too much time in the velvet room looking at which Personas to make and worrying if I've made the right choice. Then I'm all like smurf me is that the time, I've had enough now. Also I hate cheap enemies that explode and wipe your party.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

Are you talking about dice enemies, pudgy? Combat in Persona games is pretty straightforward if you know elemental weaknesses. After that, it is just a matter of targeting weaknesses and launching all-out attacks. The tough enemies are the 'mudo/hama' spammers because this is one of those games where the game ends if the player character falls unconscious, very hard-hitting enemies for the same reason, or enemies with no weakness.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by pudgy bird View Post
    I'm not far in to Persona 4 Golden and I'm finding it really hard to motivate myself to play it. I spend too much time in the velvet room looking at which Personas to make and worrying if I've made the right choice. Then I'm all like smurf me is that the time, I've had enough now. Also I hate cheap enemies that explode and wipe your party.
    Here's a bit of advice that is valid in any SMT game - demons (or personas) are like condoms. You fuse them for a specific use once and then fuse them with something else to get a stronger demon, because they usually take way too long to level. Don't stress too much whether it's the right choice. Just get a stronger persona and roll with it. You get the compendium just in case you mistakenly dispose of a good persona

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

@Formy: Yup, the damn dastardly dice �� ...ah, sweet alliteration. I have come across a few of the mudo using enemies but I've been lucky not to have been struck down by them just yet. I don't have any persona weak to that element, and I've read that it's probably best not to make a persona with that weakness until you've got the null status for it.

@Fynn: I will take that in to account when I next switch the game on! Might give it a go tonight. I was the same playing P3P as well. The amount of times I reloaded the game because I was unsure of my decision was ridiculous. #justrollwithit

Pokemon Leaf Green - the really slow battle system drives me nuts sometimes. So do the trainers that insist on making you fight their awful Koffings and Rattatas.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I just beat MGSV and I literally said to the TV, 'That's it?'

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pudgy bird View Post
    Here's a bit of advice that is valid in any SMT game - demons (or personas) are like condoms. You fuse them for a specific use once and then fuse them with something else to get a stronger demon, because they usually take way too long to level. Don't stress too much whether it's the right choice. Just get a stronger persona and roll with it. You get the compendium just in case you mistakenly dispose of a good persona
    I'm deeply disturbed by what it would appear you're doing with your used condoms...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I forgot how painfully slow it is to level up Pokemon. Replaying an old save of Pokemon Blue and yeah... I'm at the Rock Cavern area, which is notorious for high encounter rates and lots of trainers with overpowered Pokemon at this point.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I forgot how painfully slow it is to level up Pokemon. Replaying an old save of Pokemon Blue and yeah... I'm at the Rock Cavern area, which is notorious for high encounter rates and lots of trainers with overpowered Pokemon at this point.
    I find playing the original blue and red versions painful at times. The item and menu accessibility is so poor. If I ever go back to the originals I have to play Pokemon Yellow as it is slightly improved in every department.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I find playing the original blue and red versions painful at times. The item and menu accessibility is so poor. If I ever go back to the originals I have to play Pokemon Yellow as it is slightly improved in every department.
    Red, Blue, and Silver are the only Pokemon games I own sadly.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, you'll be happy to know exp gain has changed incredibly in recent games. To the point that even if you don't stop to grind at all, your party will still be overpowered.

Here's hoping Sun and Moon comes with difficulty options.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

A Link to the Past: All of the back and forth I need to do

7th Dragon III Code: VDF introduces and rushes through some plot points so fast you stop giving a smurf.