Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Praise the game you're playing right now!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Donkey Kong Country 2:
    It's pretty fun!

Kingdom Hearts:
    I like finding Dalmatian puppies

Final Fantasy XV:
    I like the cooking, camping, and photographing. I also like the chocobos and customizing the car. The world is pretty gorgeous and it does a good job of always having a focal point to notice when driving somewhere new to add some impact

Super Mario 64:
    Also super fun! I like jumping in to paintings that are kind of like different worlds

Corpse Party:
    Having it be chibi makes it a more bearable amount of scary and having so much text means less gameplay in the scary

Danganronpa:
    I like this MUCH more than I thought I would. It leaves an impact, it's super interesting and immersing and I just always look forward to playing more!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I love the cast of Persona 5. I still have Ryoji in my party where I traded Yosuke and Junpei out as soon as I got my fifth. And Ann is way better than Rise and Yukari. And for the third time the priestess is the best gril. Seriously Fuuka, Yukiko, and now Makoto, what's up with that.

And nonparty S.Link bonuses are great. Being able to tag party members is the best.

And dungeons are pretty fun too. Puzzles and combat is a little easy, but it's better than random hallways. And makes for better storytelling.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been having a blast with Bloodborne so far and I just completed the optional area Forgotten Cainhurst Castle which is where Bloodborne's version of the "vampires" are. It felt like a better designed Duke's Archives from Dark Souls merged with Castlevania. Super fun once you get past the BS Blood Lickers on the front lawn. The boss of the area was also pretty cool and has a nice shout out to Demon's Souls along with it. Also, holy hell Alfred's story arc took a very different turn than I was expecting. He seemed pretty nice and level headed but when that guy goes church militant, he puts the crazy in ax crazy.

I'm honestly digging the NPC questlines in this game, they are a bit shorter than the ones in DS, but at least it's easier to follow them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love the little details in the Witcher, like how you have to read books to actually be able to identify all the herbs around you and how to gather them, as well as how to get specific loot from enemies. Alchemy is also really fun. And I'm happy that I have some actual money now.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bloodborne - In terms of story and lore, I feel Bloodborne is my favorite of the Souls series. I've never really encountered a Lovecraftian story that did justice to the themes and style of the source material, while also getting around the problems of the source material itself. Also, there are not enough Werewolves in video games.

My other praise is that Bloodborne probably has my favorite collection of NPCs in the Souls franchise. I feel the game does a better job of giving you a more satisfying conclusion to their arcs than Demon's Souls and Dark Souls did for their NPCs, and I like how they all seem a bit more tied to the story and events of the game than previous entries.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - I forget how quirky and amusing all of the characters are in this game. The Judge alone is such a goofball despite looking so atypical and serious. Also, while I have issues with some of the puzzles, when you do solve one, you feel super smart.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I actually do enjoy grinding in Tartarus from time to time. I expected it to be a lot worse from what I heard.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I honestly don't think I ever minded Tartarus which is funny because in most other situations I would despise it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    I actually do enjoy grinding in Tartarus from time to time. I expected it to be a lot worse from what I heard.
    Yeah, I feel Tartarus gets more hate than it really deserves. It helps the game gives the player a bunch of time saving elements to make it feel like less of a chore. I don't like Randomly Generated Dungeons (I've been harping on Bloodborne's the last few days) but P3 is the rare type I actually didn't mind.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chapter 2 of the Witcher is a lot more open so far, with an actual city and tons of sidequests.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Witcher: Ooooh, is that an idealistic, just character in a hugely cynical and racist setting that actually respects me for my deeds instead of being prejudiced and seems to be an overall stand-up, honorable guy? So basically, a Matsuno protagonist? Sign me the hell up!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've only sampled a bit last night, but the DLC area is pretty badass and there is a sense of it being a Bloodborne version of the Artorias of the Abyss DLC from Dark Souls, with the DLC focusing on several important NPCs who have all passed on before you ever reached Yharnam. I love the fact the whole scenario has a Ironic Hell kind of design to it with the Hunter's Nightmare being a hellish nightmare that wicked hunters are sent to and comes back to a plot thread from Old Yharnam section concerning whether the hunt is actually just. There is a cool game design element that drives this home because the only aggressive enemies in the DLC so far are the hunters trapped in the Nightmare, whereas the beasts they slaughter are all non-aggressive and will flee from you if you approach.

The fact the final area is a complete nod to Lovecraft's Shadow over Innsmouth is also something I'm looking forward to.

I am very impressed with Metal Gear Solid 5: the Phantom Pain. The gameplay is an awesome blend between Metal Gear controls and Hitman-style level/mission design. I love how there are always more ways to complete a mission. Missions are challenging too and when you complete one without being spotted it is very satisfying. The build up and atmosphere for the major plot advancements are really well done. Seeing Mother Base expand is awesome. When you think the game is close to ending it just keeps going. There are many mindsmurfs in this game and I love it.

Edit: I forgot the epicness that was the scene where SpoilerSnake blows off Skullface's arm and leg. So ballsy. So good that a triple A title does ballsy stuff.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 04-26-2017 at 07:46 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bloodborne -The Old Hunter's DLC is a pretty brutal but intellectually stimulating expansion for Bloodborne. The new weapons are pretty cool, thew bosses are excellent, and it may be one of the most disturbing story elements I've seen in a game for awhile. The initial area looks like Yharnam after some cataclysmic event and the second area is the research wing of the Healing Church and simply shows once and for all how twisted things were going behind the scenes in this place. It's been pretty satisfying overall.

Phoenix Wright - You know, I don't know why I do this, but I seem to always forget how rocking Capcom's music is for their games. You wouldn't think a dramedy visual novel game about a funny lawyer would have a rocking soundtrack but here we are.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

persona 3 complained @ me for not attending running club practice which reminded me to go to boating practice the next morning

i would've forgotten otherwise

thanks persona 3