Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Praise the game you're playing right now!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Witcher: I went in as a fan of the books and a fan of good, solid RPGs with lots of stuff to do, but also mostly expecting to just blast through games 1 and 2 to get to the Witcher 3. Color me surprised. This game seriously has me hooked. I am now blasting through it but not out of the need to get to the later games, but because I am genuinely so into everything going on. The chapter 2 finale was particularly epic and I can't wait to see what happens nect!

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment is sooo much fun! I love how you can climb on walls and go through the air with your scythe! And Specter Knight is my fav from the Order, so it's cool to be able to play as him.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Danganronpa 2: Chiaki. Chiaki is adorable. Some intriguing mysteries as well

Dynasty Warriors 8: It's pretty fun and everyone has such snazzy outfits~ I like how it shows similar stories from different perspectives and I like the amount of variance and customization that's available

Final Fantasy XIII-2: I like getting to make dialogue choices, I like the main characters, and I'm enjoying the gameplay and story

MoeKuri: SO CUTE

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Anyone who has been paying attention to me on FB knows I've been playing Fire Emblem: Birthright (I just got it today!) and I'm LOVING it. Already spent like 8 hours on it. I have been this excited or invested in a video game in years and years and years.

The music is great, aesthetics are beautiful. But GODDAMN, that story. It's gutted me. Can't wait to play Conquest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bloodborne - Maria is definitely the Artorias fight for Bloodborne. It's a pretty epic duel, and despite her BS moveset and physics-defying tracking ability, at least she's ridiculously susceptible to parry. Course unlike, Gwyn from Dark Souls, she can still murder you effortlessly if you're not on point with using your gun. Still a great boss battle and the Fishing Hamlet is wonderfully eerie.

Phoenix Wright - Okay, I'll admit it, the final section where Phoenix and Edgeworth seriously trap and outwit the criminal was pretty well done. I'm also happy to have completed another game I never bothered to finish until this year.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I love Zero from Drakengard 3. She's such a fun character. She causes an avalanche by yelling and the calls the snow, pussy ass snow. I love banter going on during levels, reminds me of Kid Icarus. But with more swearing. Same amount of snark. I complained about the camera and slowdown in the other topic, but when the game runs smoothly its a lot of fun. I like the fist weapons because they're so fast its like you're zipping around the level and dodge dancing around the bigger guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    I love Zero from Drakengard 3. She's such a fun character. She causes an avalanche by yelling and the calls the snow, pussy ass snow. I love banter going on during levels, reminds me of Kid Icarus. But with more swearing. Same amount of snark. I complained about the camera and slowdown in the other topic, but when the game runs smoothly its a lot of fun. I like the fist weapons because they're so fast its like you're zipping around the level and dodge dancing around the bigger guys.
    You have to endure a lot to get to truly enjoy Drag-on Dragoon 3 in all of its glory. That you already like it is a good sign.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Battlefleet Gothic Armada is a very solid and fun rendition of the original Warhammer 40k space conflict spin off. And looks simply put GORGEOUS!

That said, the mobile rendition of Battlefleet Gothic feels even more authentic as has the original dice rolls and rules applied.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFIV's story may have been slow at the start but damn is it beginning to pick up pace! The infiltration of Baron was a key moment.

Can't really say enough good things about Persona 5.

Probably the best presentation I've ever seen in a video game. The OST is also the best I've heard in years.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So I'm really only at the start of the Witcher 2 but I can already see it has a WAY more compelling villain than 1.

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. Although very difficult, the story is very intriguing and it makes me willing to go through all the hard parts to figure out what happens next!

Rogue Legacy, it's challenging and chaotic at times but it has that "lesson learnt, let's try again!" kind of addiction, as well as randomly generated dungeons for a nice sense of unpredictability. I also love the way your heirs hold the sword whilst running, great game.

Iv'e just started playing games after a half-year long Dark Souls/Bloodborne binge so a lighthearted platformer is very welcome as Dark Souls is sooo miserable.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Zero Time Dilemma - Telling the story through fragments allows for this game to be played in quick hits which suits my lifestyle. I also think the room puzzles are fun and not too long or difficult to the point where you get frustrated because you just want to get back to the story. It's also interesting to see the main characters from the previous two games as NPCs.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am loving how edgy Persona 5 is. Got some really twisted trout going on in the main plot which is a nice step from the more ho-hum elements of the last couple of entries. Also, I'm digging the dungeon design and the new mechanics in combat, especially Baton Pass, which opens up a lot of possibilities for strategy and can finally bring back the ability to take advantage of lucky critical hits from P3. Overall the presentation and characters are great and I'm digging most of the new elements and expanded old elements the game is bringing to the table. This is how you do a numbered sequel.